Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
Magitech Hypetrain has no breaks!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Kwyndig posted:

Anis is so gay. I did find it funny how she was like, I don't want to get with a man what if I end up pregnant and her dad just explodes. Also I predict a lot of fighting with autocorrect in the future when phone posting in this thread.

It's funny because aside from the fact that having potential heirs with claims is Important(tm) to him as King, Anis was really not helping her case with regards to her attempt to walk back her intentions and claim she had no ulterior motives.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
Neat episode, great pacing.

And yeah considering wars have absolutely been fought over less, the Prince I don't think is particularly even in the same kingdom of being in the right.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
This episode had a certain kind of energy to it that I can't quite place but feels familiar, like someone going through a divorce? Staying with a family friend, coming and going to grab your things, everyone being extra accommodating than usual. Anyone else feel something interesting with the quieter scenes this ep?

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
I mean, it was an engagement, which is a little different compared to a marriage/committed relationship. I guess I'm more floored by how the energy of the scenes was just so convincing.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Kwyndig posted:

Yeah the manga devotes several chapters to it, the anime owes us at least one episode.

Hell yeah, it feels like it's been a while since we had a isekai that made Dragons feel impressive. Kumo desu ga was basically the last time I recall it feeling weighty as a life or death struggle.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Talorat posted:

My only problem with this show is the Prince straight up excused Euphy of orchestrating an assassination plot against his beloved and they just kinda glossed over it. That seems like the kind of accusation you need to have proof for, and there are serious repercussions for making falsely.

I mean there kinda has been, immediate house arrest and also unfortunately Euphy being forcedencouraged to keep her head down. I think the idea was there's enough false "witnesses" to it from important families allied to the Prince or his gf that the King probably can't do much more than that without pissing off a potential faction. Kinda funny how neatly this follows CK3 logic :v:

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
What if she (speculation) IS THE DRAGON!?

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Darth Walrus posted:

I think that's only an option if Anis keeps up her streak and seduces the dragon.

That'd certainly make the Prince angry. :haw:

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
Honestly we need more isekai with multiple reincarnators competing and being dicks.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
Hype train, boarding now.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Yeah that was really all I could of hoped for the Dragon Fight. Good stuff all around and Euphie/Anis danced at the end!

Looks like we start in volume 2 next week and I wonder if we're gonna get the Laine stuff next week. Also the show has kinda of skimmed past some of the reason why people don't like Anis' Magicology and I hope we see it cause it also plays into the politics of the setting

Maybe it's one of those things we the audience are meant to kinda infer? At least with this episode my guess would be (a) It gives commoners access to power that before only the nobility had (politics of the setting?). (b) Without the limiters and safety features these items presumably drain something from the user and can kill you? Presumably stamina which is why Anis needed the special drugs? (c) The drugs make you enter basically Barbarian Rage mode turning you into basically an unhinged crazy person.

GloomMouse posted:

Is one of the reasons that magidrugs turn you into a powerful crazy person that coughs blood but are legal? She can't be the first person to try a mad scientist monster implant either. Anis please stop, you have a magic girlfriend equipped now, you don't have to do this!

Presumably this is """legal""" because Anis is literally above the law.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
Me watching this episode and seeing Anis's harem grow :haw:

It's also nice to be on the otherside of formula, watching this show there's something in its DNA that reminds me of My Disciple Has Died Again but like a different side of the tropes in question.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
It'd be funny if this was all a plot by Al to get his sister on the throne because of Imposter Syndrome.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

They just had to name her "Tilty" huh?

They know we're going to misread that every time.

Her parents really liked Windmills.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
Some nice Shirou vs Emiya vibes with that conversation, "We're completely different people!"

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Dexanth posted:

All Anis wanted was to do magic and have a wife, but instead she's gonna have to legalize gay marriage and take over the world.

Imagine a series where its her kingdom being invaded for the above so has to go all Revolutionary Yuri France on the rest of the world :getin:

e: FAKE EDIT Imagine a genderflipped Napoleon who just marries every rival Queen!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
Pacing issues is just kinda a curse that afflicts a lot of otherwise pretty good anime. :(

If this was like a 2-cours series I feel like there was some stuff at the end there that could've been expanded on and fleshed out for a few more episodes.