Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

fezball posted:

Can't check the episode right now to compare, but from what you're describing it's probably some kind of finger ring

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSR-eAhKDVA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

Kwyndig posted:

Yes the diplomatic thing to do would have been to continue into the loveless marriage track and just keep a mistress. It's what men since time immemorial have done when trapped into arranged marriages, and sometimes the wife even approves because it means he'll keep his hands off her.

It's not even that. He could have totally broken off the marriage tactfully, but he needs to lay the groundwork for it and have something more than "the prime minister's daughter bullied a lower noble a few times at school"

He did something that was both incredibly disruptive to the the succession and did it poorly.

Nitrousoxide fucked around with this message at 16:58 on Jan 21, 2023

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

Don't worry! I'm sure Anisphia going off to kill the dragon herself won't pump up the faction supporting her as the next queen and create a bunch of strife in the kingdom!

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

It's "be gay, do crime" for a reason folks

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

GloomMouse posted:

Maybe it made her super healthy and that was just extra blood. At least having her quest for magic be more of an unhealthy obsession gives Euphie something to work on in their relationship rather than just be rescued

She just had an excess of one of the three humours and was getting them back in balance.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

Hmmm yes... I understand

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

The anime is caught up to the manga now.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

I like Lainie and all, but I kinda hope she dies. I know that sounds bad, but like narratively, her death could be a real catalyst to get our MC to step up and stop just playing mad scientist in the background and actually try to effectuate some real change in the society.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

Not really sure what Algard's big brain plan was here? He wanted to secure his throne to gain the ability to destroy the kingdom so his sister, who was far superior to him, could get the recognition she deserved. But also fought her in an honest to god fight that could have killed her after injuring a girl she was protecting in such a way that it would normally have killed her? Was the whole plan to get himself killed so she could inherit the throne instead of him?

Seems… not very well-thought-out?

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

Talorat posted:

I’m gonna have to hard disagree here. The pathos of Al’s remorseful turn felt completely unearned, I was rolling my eyes during his entire pity party. The only thing that salvaged the episode for me was Euphie slapping him. I feel like maybe if we were given 2-3 more episodes to see a kinder side of the brother it might have worked?

Consider in Last Airbender how they are setting up Zuko’s turn for two entire seasons before it happens, and we learn to really love Zuko even as a villain, so it feels cathartic when he finally has his redemption. In this we have 6 straight episodes of him being an rear end in a top hat with maybe 12 total minutes of screen time. There’s just not enough time to make him more than two dimensional so a turn like this falls completely flat.

Not trying to poo poo on this show for the folks who are enjoying it but oof.

I agree 100%

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

Yeah, I'm also really unimpressed with this conclusion to the series.