Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

This entire set-up seems impossibly, stupidly contrived and I hope the manga doesn't follow suit. The reason I fell in love with the manga is because of Anis' (sometimes literal) "kick the door in" attitude. Now she's reduced to your typical angst-ridden yuri damsel so we can squeeze as much emotional anguish as possible out of this pairing.

I'm also not seeing a lot of magical revolution going on and we're 10 episodes in.

BTW I actually really recommend the manga. The art style and the world-building do much, much more for the story.

Seraphic Neoman fucked around with this message at 01:20 on Mar 17, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Strong finish but overall a weak adaptation. It lacks the manic energy of the manga, this was my criticism of episode 1 and it's my criticism now. Honestly other than the kiss at the end, the viewer would be forgiven for thinking it's another generic yuri anime.