Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
i think it's very funny that the prince is 100% in the right but is written to be a huge rear end in a top hat to make the plot work. hell yeah dude, arranged marriages suck rear end, and you very clearly like this cute girl that seems perfectly nice. better ruin your fiancee's life as part of an elaborate ruse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
yeah, on reflection what i meant was 'this guy is one actual justification away from being in the right here, and i feel like i've seen the story where he had one', rather than the implied 'this story is bad because it makes a minor contrivance for there to be a conflict'

e: in fact i think that hypothetical story is exactly the 'canon' version of Fortune Lover from My Next Life as a Villainess

ungulateman fucked around with this message at 15:55 on Jan 21, 2023

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

Yawgmoft posted:

Maybe it will come back up but it also seemed like a lie? Not that the prince didn't believe it but it seems like the accusations were untrue.

oh yeah the accusations are really obviously false. the interesting part is that euphyllia is so dedicated to her ideals that she isn't willing to call him out and ends up sounding like she's admitting to it when she talks about giving layne advice.

i also agree it's a pretty huge rear end in a top hat move to not get layne's input on any of this, even if albert and euphyllia are mutually incapable of coming to an agreement that doesn't put them at odds. that bothers me way more than albert's disregard for his position (given that i am not insane and think monarchy is bad)

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

Sindai posted:

Men would literally rather murder a girl, eat her heart to become a vampire, and fight you to the death than talk about their feelings.

edelgard von hresvelg walked so he could run