Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Exia
Feb 12, 2014
This week: we finally get introduced to Lainie.

At the rate they’re going, I imagine the anime will wrap up Volume 2 of the LN in about two episodes, leaving the rest of the season to adapt Volume 3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Exia
Feb 12, 2014
This week: that awkward moment when you introduce Wife #2 to Wife #1

Exia
Feb 12, 2014

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Sure speed running novel 2 not that I mind cause it means animated volume 3

It’s a little unfortunate that speed running so they can end on volume 3 has meant that they’ve had to cut some great moments from volumes 1 and 2. It’s nothing major but some really fun gags or the occasional interesting bit of world building

Exia
Feb 12, 2014
This week: Algard does his best Gilgamesh impression

One more episode to conclude volume 2, leaving three episodes to adapt Vol 3. I imagine thats gonna be a little condensed, but it’s fine, it’s the better ending point for the season

Exia
Feb 12, 2014
Episode out, very satisfying. They did cut/change some things though so I’m wondering how that’s gonna effect how they handle volume 3, it’s already a little tight at 3 episodes left. One of the things might have just been cut for time and could be easily explained next episode though

Exia fucked around with this message at 15:46 on Mar 1, 2023

Exia
Feb 12, 2014
It comes with the nature of an adaptation, especially when the anime is cutting a lot of “non essential” stuff to be able to fit 3 volumes in. Probably could have fully adapted all of 1 and 2 into just 12 episodes if they didn’t try and also adapt volume 3, but Vol 3 is just to important, both narratively, and as an ending to the season, to save for a theoretical season 2

Exia
Feb 12, 2014

GloomMouse posted:

I feel like I'm getting the highlight reel version of the story tbh. Just some big drama scenes with no more than the absolute bare minimum of context and build up.

Cause at this point you basically are, the anime is cutting out a lot of character stuff and world building to be able to get to the end of volume 3 in 12 episodes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Exia
Feb 12, 2014
This week: the show ends, and Euphie kisses her girlfriend

Overall this wasn’t bad as an adaptation, although I think its short episode count hurts it and it really needed more time. If you’re curious about the series, the anime adapts volumes 1-3 of the light novels. If you wanna pick up where the anime left off, Volume 4 comes out in English next month.