Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dexanth
Dec 4, 2003

The last thing an ice cream cone ever sees
This is gay and good and I am thoroughly enjoying it so far

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexanth
Dec 4, 2003

Watching this is basically everything I love anime for and it has been far too many years since something felt this good in the gay way. Really, not since Yagate Kimi ni Naru.

Dexanth
Dec 4, 2003

Look if you gotta ignite the blood in your veins to save the world you gotta do it, you know?

Dexanth
Dec 4, 2003

Ah it was good to see the show shift multiple gears up in the lesbian-ness this episode.

And Tilty & Euphie's bit was just amazing

Dexanth
Dec 4, 2003

All Anis wanted was to do magic and have a wife, but instead she's gonna have to legalize gay marriage and take over the world.

Dexanth
Dec 4, 2003

Raenir Salazar posted:

Imagine a series where its her kingdom being invaded for the above so has to go all Revolutionary Yuri France on the rest of the world :getin:

e: FAKE EDIT Imagine a genderflipped Napoleon who just marries every rival Queen!

I mean, she's probably gonna have to, you know. So it goes when you're that gay

Dexanth
Dec 4, 2003

So honestly, I really liked it, and I feel there's a dimension others haven't noticed here. What I saw was Al was trying to escape the prison he saw himself in the only way he knew how. When Anis rejected the throne - what he saw wasn't just 'she is so much better than me', but 'She ran from the responsibility and forced it onto me instead', and he doesn't want it either. But he feels trapped by duty and obligation, and resentful that she was the one who forced him into this. That if Anis hadn't rejected the throne, he could have been free to have a different life, but instead she chose that freedom for herself, and...left him behind to pick up the pieces. And then in the twisted everything that resulted...well, forcing her to kill him is the one way he sees that lets him escape in an 'acceptable' way.

It's twisted and hosed up and wrong, but like, ultimately born out of a breakdown in communication and lack of understanding between people.

Also I don't buy Anis is reacting to her tattoo at the end there, that to me looked far more like 'I am in such guilt and despair over feeling I caused this, total shutdown' which...yea, I get. The shattering of one's joy can do that.

Dexanth
Dec 4, 2003

I feel like it's building to "FYI you will be immortal and that will suck somehow" given Lumi looks to be unaging somehow. And Idk I'm not picking up the gay vibe from Magenta, it feels more like there is some other unpleasant consequence beyond immortality that he didn't want to pay the price of?

Dexanth
Dec 4, 2003

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

Aside from the fight with her brother, it just feels like Anis' cool dragon powers have been entirely forgotten about. A far more interesting personal conflict would be "should I use my power to force the change I want on an obviously corrupt system"? Instead it's just two girlfriends pouting at each other.

I mean I am pretty sure it's building to exactly that.

Like, Up until this recent arc, Anis has always been the avatar of 'Be free & do good crimes' and Euphie was the Responsible Good Girl. This arc is about them reversing that, and then meeting in the middle. So now Euphie is the one acting on desire and Anis responsibility. And the clash between them, I expect, will end with them going something like "Fine! Neither of us will back down, and neither of us is willing to let the other sacrifice herself. Fuckit, time for a Revolution and thus the Series Title becomes much more literal.

Anyways greatly loved latest ep, cannot wait for finale, I am so gay for this show

Dexanth
Dec 4, 2003

I am eminently satisfied with how this ended. It actually went properly gay, and I immensely appreciate that

Dexanth
Dec 4, 2003

M_Gargantua posted:

Its an Isekai for the sole purpose of having a very popular tag in the search function.

It has a few other influences, mostly in inspiring Anis to invent things like the Magic Hair Dryer slash Flamethrower, and such

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexanth
Dec 4, 2003

I'll have to pick it up soon, then!