Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

(Original image courtesy of escapegoat; font is Action Man)

Welcome to the 2022 Political Cartoons Award Thread!
The Kellies (previously known as the Gaybies) are our annual celebration of the best and worst in political cartooning.

The initial purpose of this thread is to collect any nominations not made in the original thread (I have gone back and gathered all previous nominations). Please read the 2022 thread and share your nominations here. Feel free to discuss your nominations and reasoning. You don't have to nominate in every category, and comics can be nominated in multiple categories at once.

Voting
Voting ends midnight on April 8.
Nominees for voting begin here.
Each category has a letter or letter combo, and each cartoon has a number.
Make a post with the number of each entry you're voting for and what category it's in. I'll take either the letter or the category name.
You get one vote per category, and you do not have to vote in all categories. If you want to change your vote or add a vote in a category you haven't already voted in, please edit your existing post!

Nomination Rules and Suggestions
  • Nominations close on February 18.
  • Feel free to discuss your nominations and reasoning.
  • Don't quote all the images from a nomination post unless you intend to discuss all of them.
  • Only nominate cartoons that were published in 2022.
  • It's okay to nominate a comic for multiple categories.
  • Post any new nominations in new posts. This ensures I do not miss them.
  • If multiple people nominate a comic for a given category, the first nominator is considered the official one.
  • Only submit one nomination per category in this thread.

Kelly's Kommandos
I need volunteers to help get wiki sours up to date, and users who will help automate the process of collating nominations (a process that currently takes many hours of manual spreadsheet work). Let me know if you can help with either; volunteers will get a free forums upgrade of your choice, and possibly other benefits.

Kellies Kategories
Note I have condensed categories based on nominations received.
  • Laziest Gorrell
  • Laziest Non-Gorrell
  • Least Concealed Bigotry (General)
  • Least Concealed Bigotry (Antisemitism)
  • Least Concealed Bigotry (LGBTQ+ other than pure transphobia)
  • Least Concealed Bigotry (Transphobia)
  • Least Concealed Bigotry (Race)
  • Most Any Day Now
  • Most Easily Reinterpreted
  • Most Incomprehensible
  • Most Opposite of Reality
  • Most Willfully Dense
  • Worst Concern Trolling
  • Worst Gaslighting
  • Worst a Thing Happened
  • Worst two Things Happened
  • Worst Cartoon about a Tragedy
  • Worst Cartoon about Ukraine
  • Worst Queen Elizabeth Cartoon
  • Worst Roe Cartoon
  • Worst Label
  • Worst Caricature
  • Best Edit/Parody
  • Overall Best
  • Overall Worst
The Kings of Kelly
The creator of the winning “Best Edit/Parody" and the user with the most winning nominations will both receive a forums upgrade of their choice.

Special K Awards
Please inform me of any cartoonists who have retired or died in 2022. Additionally, mention any “lifetime achievement” or similar awards you believe should go out.

Nominees
Nominees begin here!

Prizes
Just click here!

Previous Years' Awards threads:
2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 Mid-term, 2015, 2016 Mid-Term, 2016, 2017 Mid-term, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020 and 2021.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 20:36 on May 14, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
I'm going through last year's thread now, trying to compile some nominations for the categories that are lacking. Two weeks in, and I think the Most Grotesque category will be about 90% Martin Rowson/Dave Brown cartoons.

Forum accident
Jun 15, 2006

All hail Thor...the THUNDER GOD!
Be real, why bother with actually doing this? Every year it's a lot of work for someone and nobody cares about the result. Doing the nominations at the time the comics come out is just a signifier of how someone feels about it; taken out of context a year later almost all of these comics are meaningless. It's always seemed to me like the nomination is more important than any actual award ceremony or whatever, and I think the fact that these awards keep getting forgotten about and left until months later supports that.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Forum accident posted:

Be real, why bother with actually doing this? Every year it's a lot of work for someone and nobody cares about the result. Doing the nominations at the time the comics come out is just a signifier of how someone feels about it; taken out of context a year later almost all of these comics are meaningless. It's always seemed to me like the nomination is more important than any actual award ceremony or whatever, and I think the fact that these awards keep getting forgotten about and left until months later supports that.

Plenty of people participate in the voting process; why are you pissed about a process and thread activity you don't participate in?

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Yes I'm reading and appreciate the effort even if I rarely actively participate

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Forum accident posted:

A lot of people look forward to it, it's one of the best parts of one of the best threads here. People participate in it literally every day!

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
I think it's fun to look back at the worst of the year, and sometimes I look through winners of previous years while looking for particularly egregious examples of political cartoons being awful.

Honestly, I give more of a poo poo about this thread than the Pulitzers, which should only be taken as an insult towards the Pulitzers.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

I think it's fun to look back at the worst of the year, and sometimes I look through winners of previous years while looking for particularly egregious examples of political cartoons being awful.

Honestly, I give more of a poo poo about this thread than the Pulitzers, which should only be taken as an insult towards the Pulitzers.

I mean doesn't Ramirez of all people have TWO? Hard to respect and institution that would do that.

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

I need to make sure this gets in, I don't think the category started becoming an actual thing until later in the year.

Kellies Nomination: Laziest Gorrell

KennyMan666 fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Feb 13, 2023

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.
The pee is stored in the earth

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

I like to think of the Earth as half full of piss

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
snip

Somebody fucked around with this message at 16:04 on Feb 25, 2023

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

You need to say the artist and what category or categories you’re nominating it for.

Nominees will be posted and voting will begin Sunday or Monday.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Kellies Nomination: Best Homage to the Works of A.F. Branco

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Was it labeled debt?

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

2022 Kellies Voting Part 1

Thank you for your patience! Voting will continue until midnight on April 8th.

How to vote
Each category has a letter or letter combo, and each cartoon has a number.
Make a post with the number of each entry you're voting for and what category it's in. I'll take either the letter or the category name.
You get one vote per category, and you do not have to vote in all categories. If you want to change your vote or add a vote in a category you haven't already voted in, please edit your existing post!

Prizes
The creator of the winning "Best Edit/Parody" and the user with the most winning nominations will both receive a forums upgrade of their choice! The first person to nominate a cartoon gets credit.

Kellies Kategories and Nominees
Notes:
I removed or condensed a couple categories because they got fewer than 3 nominations.
Listed dates are posting date for the image.
Unless otherwise stated, any text following a nominee is context from its original posting or nomination -either commentary from the thread and the nominator, or an accompanying statement by the artist. Some formatting elements may have been lost in transposition.

Worst a Thing Happened
A-1 Michael Ramirez, 01/04/2022

A-2 Steve Kelley, 01/31/2022

posted by Raised by Birds

A-3 Clay Bennett, 03/14/2022

A-4 Glen McCoy, 03/16/2022

A-5 Michael Ramirez, 05/11/2022

A-6 Clay Jones, 06/05/2022

A-7 Joe Heller, 08/17/2022

A-8 Steven Benson, 12/12/2022

Worst two Things Happened

AD-1 David Pope, 03/04/2022

AD-2 Warren Brown, 03/04/2022

AD-3 Kevin Necessary, 03/14/2022

AD-4 Tom Stiglich, 03/15/2022

AD-5 Joe Heller, 06/21/2022

AD-6 Christian Adams, 09/01/2022

AD-7 Christian Adams, 10/06/2022

Worst Queen Elizabeth Cartoon

WQE-1 Gary Markstein, 09/09/2022

WQE-2 Jos Collignon, 09/10/2022

WQE-3 R.J. Matson, 09/10/2022

WQE-4 Clay Jones, 09/12/2022

WQE-5 Mark Knight, 09/12/2022

Most Any Day Now
ANY-1 Clay Bennett, 01/22/2022

ANY-2 Clay Bennett, 08/11/2022

ANY-3 Robert Ariail, 08/31/2022

Least Concealed Bigotry(General)

BG-1 Yuriy Zhuravel, 04/05/2022

BG-2 Tina Toon, 10/15/2022

quote:

Dementia Joe Biden to the Rescue

Fetterman is so far gone, he makes Joe Biden look sharp!

Democrat Senate candidate and stroke victim John Fetterman’s campaign is in trouble. Therefore the Democrats are sending dementia patient Joe Biden to his rescue. Talk about the bind leading the blind!

Fetterman, er, Fetterwoman suffered a debilitating stroke in May during the primaries. He is experiencing cognitive issues and having trouble following speech and conversations. In fact, MSNBC even admitted that they had to set up a teleprompter in front of Fetterman so he could understand the questions during his recent interview.

“Just in some of the small talk prior to the interview, before the closed-captioning was up and running, it did seem that he had a hard time understanding our conversations,” the NBC reporter said.

Seeing Fetterman and Biden both on stage together would be the perfect example of today’s Democrat party: Clueless, brain-dead and physically broken.

To the Democrats, those attributes are a feature, not a glitch. In fact, being physically incapable of understanding spoken conversations makes Fetterman a “victim” and don’t you dare criticize him. Fetterman’s wife, who also acts as his nurse, was upset with the MSNBC’s reporter because she noticed her husbands cognitive decline.

“What a disservice she did, not only to my husband but to anyone facing a disability and working through it!” Gisele Fetterman said. “I don’t know how there were not consequences, right? I mean she was ableist!”

So if the Democratic senate candidate can barely talk or follow a conversation—and if you point that out—you are the bad person. You’re an “ableist.”

How dare you point that out! I guess if it works for “clueless” Joe Biden, why not John “Lumpy” Fetterman?

And what’s with that neck lump? Is he growing an extra head or what? Will Pennsylvania get two senators for the price of one? These are questions no one is asking. What’s next, a third ear? Now we know what his hoodies are for.

We thought he was merely a slob.

Dementia Joe Biden stumpin’ for “Lumpy” Fetterman will be like the blind leading the blind.

If Fetterman doesn’t get elected, he can always compete at the “special” Olympics.

— Tina

BG-3 Johannes Leak, 10/28/2022

Least Concealed Bigotry(Antisemitism)
BAS-1 Gary Varvel, 08/04/2022

BAS-2 Ben Garrison, 10/08/2022

Note: originally posted without the accompanying essay.

quote:

"HE DID NOT CHOSE WISELY…”
We at GrrrGraphics are anti-war. This means we do not support the globalist oligarchy when they perpetually start new ones. Congress has not declared war against Russia, nor is there any reason they should. Ukraine is not part of NATO, nor should they be. The United States has no vested interest in protecting Ukraine’s borders, especially since we’re not protecting our own.

Our legion of corrupt politicians as well as functionaries in the Deep State do have an interest in Ukraine. They’ve been using that country as a gigantic washing machine. In other words, a money laundering operation. Many in power have made sure billions of taxpayer dollars keep pouring into Ukraine and you can bet their family and friends are benefiting through kickbacks. Hunter Biden is just one example. The $67 billion sent to Ukraine thus far is not being tracked or accounted for—that is a recipe for corruption, and Zelensky is corrupt.

Fight Thought Control through supporting Grrrgraphics high impact cartoons- We draw for you! Click to support us at SubscribeStar a monthly donation at whatever amount is comfortable

Yes, I know the media says Zelensky is a hero. Some have compared him with Winston Churchill. I disagree. As an entertainer with acting and social skills, he spends a lot of his time posing and basking in the media limelight. He constantly campaigns for more money to support his ‘democracy.’ Only Ukraine is not a democracy. Zelensky is an autocrat. He has banned political competition. Without support from the US and NATO, Zelensky would have long ago made a peace settlement with Moscow.

SIGN UP FOR THE GRRRGRAPHICS NEWSLETTER AND NEVER MISS A CARTOON- CLICK TO SIGN UP TODAY
Now, thanks to endless US support, he has banned the possibility of peace talks with Russia. He actually signed a decree ruling them out. Like Biden, Zelensky is holding out for victory and ‘regime change’ in Russia. This is dangerous folly and it might even provoke nuclear war. The US is openly talking about the possibility of a nuclear exchange. That will certainly bring about real climate change that Biden and his string pullers keep yammering about.

The US does not benefit by poking a stick at the Russian bear, Putin. Ukraine is on Russia’s doorstep and historically under Russian control. NATO and its globalist leaders have been the real aggressors—not Russia. NATO has provoked many wars and brought about a lot of ‘regime changes.’ They tried to start a war in Syria. They murdered Gaddafi and Saddam Hussein. The latter was tricked into invading Kuwait. He thought he had the go-ahead from America as a reward for standing up to and draining the resources of Iran. It was a trap and now Iraq is an expensive mess with plenty of depleted uranium littering the country. Libya, once a prosperous and successful country, is now a disaster.

Don’t Miss This Super Savings Deal! Donate $50 for 50% off everything in the cartoon store for the rest of 2022- unlimited use of our 50% OFF promo code! Last chance to save! Click now!

It’s no wonder Putin has put his foot down. He refuses to tolerate NATO’s perpetual expansion, which means Russia would eventually be forced to succumb to the western woke, trans mutilating, green, satanic, nihilistic, bug-eating, aggressive insanity now promulgated by the power-mad globalist bankers who control warmongering politicians such as Dementia Joe. Those central bankers have been able to get their way because they control the debt dollar, which is the world’s ‘reserve currency.’ Their corrupted dollar has led to great evil.

The globalist oligarchy want a proxy state in Ukraine for use as a bioweapons location and launching pad to eventually control Russia. The globalists are using the US to fight a proxy war and America’s military industrial complex and their lobbyists are only too willing to participate and rake in their usual gigantic profits. Throwing endless US taxpayer dollars into the bloody hands of Zelensky will only prolong the conflict and lead to thousands—maybe even millions—more dead. In the case of nuclear war, perhaps billions.

We need to stop supporting Zelensky and his Nazis in Ukraine. Let’s defend our own borders first.

— Ben Garrison

BAS-3 Gary McCoy, 11/19/2022

BAS-4 Ben Garrison, 12/19/2022

Note: originally posted without accompanying essay.

quote:

WHO IS PULLING THEIR STRINGS?
Everyone knows Biden is not capable of handling operations on his own. He’s told what to say, where to go, what to do, where to sit, and when he can have an ice cream cone.

Even still, he screws things up regularly. He imagines people are behind them during his speeches and when he’s finished he turns around to shake an imaginary hand. He can’t find his way back from the Rose Garden.

Biden is corrupt, lazy, and mean-spirited. He also doesn’t want to study schedules, memorize names or events—and therefore he comes across as an utter fool. It’s easier for him to lie than to memorize facts. The man is a manikin set up in the White House to carry about the agenda of others.

CHECK OUT OUR 12 DEALS OF CHRISTMAS SALE- ENDING SOON! ORDER TODAY
So who is pulling Biden’s string? Many think it must be Barack Obama, and we’ve often heard of this presidency being his ‘third term.’ Biden is carrying out Obama’s takedown of America and he’s speeding it up because Trump did his best to build America back up.

Obama came out of nowhere and ran in well-funded congressional campaigns that included a term as Senator, and in a whirlwind he was president. Who was backing him? Who pulled Obama’s string? We know he had plenty of help from an assortment of globalist billionaires including George Soros, Google chief executive Eric Schmidt, Bill Gates, Steven Spielberg, George Lucas, Penny Pritzker (heiress to the Hyatt Hotel fortune), David Geffen, and many more.

Fight Fake News with weaponized Cartoons that make the Mainstream News cry- make a small donation to support!

It’s not just billionaires, but the central banks that have caused both Obama and Biden to go into genuflect mode. They both don’t give two shakes for the average citizens. They abhor such ‘common’ company. They’d rather escape to their beachfront mansions. They may talk folksy about helping the underclass, but it was all lying blather. They talked about ’taxing the rich,’ but the main task of both Joe and Barry involves protecting the billionaires and banking class—not taxing them. Those 87,000 new IRS agents will attack and harass the poor and middle class, NOT the billionaires.

STAY UP TO DATE WITH NEW CARTOONS! SIGN UP FOR OUR GRRR-NEWS! IT’S EASY AND FREE!
There is one more string puller and it’s represented by those at the very top of the pyramid. Those who own and control the central banks also control the Davos crowd, the Bilderberg meetings, the UN, the mainstream propaganda media, (and just about everything else) are the same people pulling us toward globalist tyranny. They might remain behind the scenes, but they pull an awful lot of important strings.

Those strings will be difficult to cut.

— Ben Garrison

BAS-5 Michael Ramirez, 12/24/2022

Least Concealed Bigotry(LGBTQ+ other than pure transphobia)

BLGBT-1 Mike Lester, 03/15/2022

BLGBT-2 Pat Cross, 03/17/2022

BLGBT-3 Tatsuya Ishida, 04/03/2022

BLGBT-4 Gary McCoy, 04/12/2022

BLGBT-5 Mike Lester, 04/14/2022

BLGBT-6 Bob Gorrell, 04/26/2022

BLGBT-7 Pat Cross, 08/04/2022

BLGBT-8 Jeff Danziger, 09/01/2022

BLGBT-9 Steve Kelley, 09/03/2022

BLGBT-10 Mike Lester, 12/17/2022

BLGBT-11 Tina Toon, 12/21/2022

quote:

Biden’s “Diversity Hire” Disaster

Once again another “diversity hire” turns into a disaster for the Biden administration. Although what normal Americans see as a disaster, the communist left sees as an opportunity to strut around and loudly virtue signal how tolerant and inclusive they are.

Biden’s puppet masters chose a ‘gender fluid’ felon with a penchant for stealing luggage and ‘handling’ men in dog masks as a Department of Energy (DOE) official. Because today that’s what it takes to land a government job.

Fight Fake News with weaponized Cartoons that make the Mainstream News cry- make a small donation to support!

Our ‘luggage lad’, Sam Brinton, has been charged not once, but twice with allegedly stealing luggage from the baggage claim at the Minneapolis-St. Paul (MSP) International Airport in Minnesota and the airport in Las Vegas. Now why would he do that? After all, Sam scored a hefty $178K a year government salary. If you are making that much you would think you could afford a luggage set.

Now another arrest warrant has been issued for Brinton in connection with a second alleged theft at an airport in Las Vegas.

Looks like gender-fluid Sam Brinton just can’t resist a well traveled ‘bag.’
STAY UP TO DATE WITH NEW CARTOONS! SIGN UP FOR OUR GRRR-NEWS! IT’S EASY AND FREE!

I may be showing my age, but I remember when people were hired on their experience and character, their record of success and how they handle themselves in a tight situation. People were supposed to be judged by those factors, not the color of their skin, who they voted for or who or what they sleep with. Diversity is a disaster and dumbs us down. Schools and colleges lower standards and some even even completely do away with grades because they are ‘racist.’ So stupid people remain stupid and the smart people are forced to be held back in the name of diversity and inclusiveness. We are churning out a whole generation of dumbed down young people who are praised for their mental illnesses and groomed to be mindless Democrat voters.

“Idiocracy” was supposed to be a satirical movie, not an instruction manual.

Least Concealed Bigotry (Race)

BR-1 Gary McCoy, 01/13/2022

BR-2 Chip Bok, 02/01/2022

BR-3 Bob Gorrell, 03/15/2022

BR-4 Al Goodwyn, 04/15/2022

BR-5 Tom Stiglich, 07/15/2022

BR-6 Steve Kelley, 07/18/2022

BR-7 Tony Branco, 09/14/2022

quote:

Borderline Insanity: The Mexican cartels are said to be bringing terror across our border and throughout the country.

BR-8 Gary McCoy, 09/28/2022

BR-9 Warren Brown, 10/05/2022

BR-10 Yaakov Kirschen, 11/16/2022

BR-11 Henry Payne, 11/18/2022

BR-12 Chip Bok, 11/23/2022

BR-13 Gary McCoy, 12/13/2022

BR-14 Michael Ramirez, 12/21/2022

BR-15 Michael Ramirez, 12/22/2022

Least Concealed Bigotry(Transphobia)

BT-1 Al Goodwyn, 01/06/2022

BT-2 Steve Kelley, 01/27/2022

BT-3 Gary Varvel, 01/29/2022

BT-4 Pat Cross, 01/30/2022

BT-5 Tatsuya Ishida, 03/13/2022

BT-6 Bob Gorrell, 04/12/2022

BT-7 Johannes Leak, 04/20/2022

BT-8 Gary McCoy, 05/04/2022

BT-9 Tina Toon, 05/07/2022

quote:

THE CRAZY MIXED UP WORLD OF THE LEFT

The Left, “Women can have a penis.”

The Left, “Men can get pregnant”

The Left, “I can’t define what a woman is, I am not a biologist”

After two years of “Shut up about your rights and freedoms, take the vaccine, listen to Fauci,” the Left is back to “my body, my choice” when it comes to on demand baby murder or as they like to call it, “essential health care.”

When the Roe vs. Wade leak happened last week, the abortion cultists lost their collective minds. Abortion is a religion to the Left and they will scream and riot until they get their way like spoiled rotten toddlers. A Godless abortion cult called “Ruth sent us” is even planning on storming Catholic churches on “Mother’s Day” to show their displeasure at the thought of taking away their baby killing “rights.”

The Left does not seem to understand that this is a leak, the repeal of Roe vs. Wade has not happened. What is happening is a convenient distraction from the premiere of “2000 Mules” the election fraud documentary by Dinesh D’Souza, the drip, drip of Durham’s releases and the rolling disaster of the Joe Biden administration.

The Roe vs. Wade opinion was written in February. Nice timing right before the midterms, right?

The big question is, why do Democrats and the radical Left hate life?

Easy answer. The Democrats are the party of death and to them, abortion is a religious ritual.

The Democrats hate women. Open your eyes. Ask yourself if Democrats really love women and their rights, would they:

Say they can not “define a women.”

Support men kicking the crap out of women in sports.

Support men using women’s bathrooms making women uncomfortable.

Telling women they are worthless if their choose a traditional lifestyle such a mother and wife, get out there in the corporate world and work your rear end off or you are useless.

Telling women they can abort their babies “on demand” for any reason so they are not inconvenienced by their bad moral decisions.

Look at the women of the left. Are they happy, loving people willing to make the world a better place?

Or are they angry, nagging harpies who want to make everyone just as miserable as they are?

Can’t kill your baby on demand? Join the Church of Satan and you are protected under religious freedoms to partake in the church’s “abortion ritual.” That’s how far they will go.

What are the reasons women get abortions? 74% of women have no reason. The Left uses rape and incest as reasons to justify their abortions which are simply the consequences of bad moral decisions.

Of course to the Left these statistics are probably invalid because they use the word “women” (assuming their gender) when everyone knows men can get pregnant and have abortions too.

-Tina

BT-10 Clay Jones, 06/12/2022

BT-11 Tom Stiglich, 07/19/2022

BT-12 Henry Payne, 07/29/2022

BT-13 Ben Garrison, 09/16/2022

quote:

WELCOME TO THE “DEMOCRATS’ LAND OF DELUSION"

There’s too many men, too many people
Making too many problems
And there’s not much love to go around
Can’t you see this is the land of delusion?

The Democrats think they can turn reality on its ear. They are deluding themselves, but they expect Americans to share in their delusions. They’re gas lighting us. They’re liars.

The problem is, they have control of the mainstream and social media, which parrots and amplifies the lies. The Democrats control the FBI and the DOJ. Their lies carry weight and muscle, and they can cause great damage.

The Covid panic is an example of that damage. We were told that we needed lockdowns, masks, and endless Covid ‘vaccinations.’ The latter was an experimental mRNA concoction that killed and injured more people than the virus. Many of us rang alarm bells ahead of time, but few listened. They got caught up in the delusion.

My cartoon features some of the Democrats’ delusions. Of course, space was limited and I could not jam them all in. I will list ten of them here:

1. Covid was used to control countless millions around the world and it was easy for the medical tyrants to pull it off. More Democrats than Republicans were onboard with the delusion, although President Trump himself pushed the vaccines (he was trying to be a hero). Trump needs to admit he was wrong. Biden and Fauci will never admit wrongdoing and their delusions persist. I still see people wearing masks at supermarkets. They actually think a wisp of cloth protects them from disease because the partisan Democrat Anthony Fauci told them it would. Some are still taking the clot shot, although many are now waking up since so many people around the world and of all ages are dropping dead from the vile jabs.

2. The Democrats told us that Trump, with the help of Putin, rigged and stole the 2016 presidential election away from Hillary. Now they say we’re traitors if we question the election of Basement Joe, even though the evidence of election fraud that got him elected is overwhelming. Furthermore, Hillary and the FBI conspired and created the Russia conspiracy hoax. They are the traitors, but now Biden says half the country are dangerous terrorists because they support Trump.

3. The Transexual fad is perhaps the most egregious delusion. Reality dictates that a man cannot become a woman and vice versa, but the Democrats enthusiastically support the delusion. One far-left loon tweeted, ’Trans women are real women.’ If they really are real woman, why even add the word ’trans?’ A man who wants to be a woman can take hormones and eventually get surgically mutilated, but his DNA cannot be changed. Many regret having the devastating surgery and commit suicide. Despite the glaring evidence, Democrats are pushing ’trans’ in grade schools. Kids are too young to make their own decisions, but are pressured to be trans simply because it’s trendy. It’s a very dangerous delusion when children are abused with dangerous puberty blockers or even offered surgery without the parents’ consent. Part of the delusion has now grown into not acknowledging male and female sexes altogether. Democrats can’t define what a woman is. They think there are hundreds of genders. They want to punish those who use the wrong pronouns. They think a man can get pregnant!

4. The Climate Change cultists are ruining our economy by pushing green energy, which simply cannot compete with oil, natural gas, and coal. The Democrats are delusional and think we should all immediately stop using cars with internal combustion engines and instead purchase very expensive and environmentally unfriendly electric vehicles. The electric cars have limited ranges. The batteries wear out quickly and are toxic to the environment. New batteries cost as much as a new car and the rare earth to create the batteries come from China. People who charge their cars may not realize that the power comes from power plants fired by fossil fuels, including coal. Biden can’t simply snap his fingers and make green energy a reality. There are consequences to his delusion, including high gas prices and economic suffering.

5. I could not fit this into my cartoon, but Kamala Harris and Biden’s press secretary cannot make the border secure simply by telling us that it is secure! It’s obviously not secure and millions of Americans are suffering from higher crime and chaos as a result. We need to send the millions of illegal invaders to liberal sanctuary cities and let those who are deluded into thinking that all illegal immigration is a ‘gift’ deal with the hordes and pay for their well-being.

6. The Democrats are so deluded that they think spending more money can lessen inflation! Biden and his allies in Congress have already spent trillions of dollars we don’t have. Most of it goes to wasteful enterprises such as the Ukraine War and green energy. Loan forgiveness will only add to the inflation. Inflation is simply another way government steals wealth from average Americans. Yes, Biden is not only a deluded liar, he’s also a thief. He’s even spent $80 billion on the IRS so freshly minted IRS auditors (well armed) can steal more money from the working class. I wonder if he’ll get his cut.

7. The Democrats have relentlessly demonized President Trump. They are desperate to charge him with a criminal offense and if they have to frame him, they’ll do it. They already made many go along with their delusion that he was Putin’s puppet. They impeached him based on lies. They think they can pick their own president—the public be damned. They do this while under the delusion we have a ‘democracy.’ We’re not a democracy. We’re a Constitutional Republic. That Republic protects individual and minority rights from an oppressive majority.

8. The mainstream media, also known as the legacy media, also known as presstitutes, are an insult to real journalism. For example, you will never hear them investigate Pfizer for their criminal wrong-doing, but they will relentlessly harass Trump with their constant lies.

9. It’s a delusion to think we are being run by patriots looking out for the best interests of Americans. The Democrats despise MAGA. They don’t want America made great again. They want to preserve their uni-party known as the Deep State Swamp, which has a globalist bent. Many politicians are puppets of Red China and the globalist corporate lobbyists that flood the beltway. Congress is increasingly being populated by senior citizens. Some of them belong in nursing homes. Politicians are demented and confused, but they keep their office so they can keep their families supplied with graft. They are also addicted to power. Those of us who want term limits? It’s delusional to think that will happen any time soon.

10. It’s delusional to think we can again send humans to the moon when we never sent them there the first time…but that’s a subject for a future cartoon.

— Ben Garrison

BT-14 Mike Lester, 10/26/2022

BT-15 Gary Varvel, 11/01/2022

BT-16 Gary McCoy, 11/19/2022

BT-17 Gary McCoy, 12/17/2022

BT-18 Tina Garrison, 04/05/2022

quote:

“M-I-C-K-E -Y T-R-A-N-S” MICKEY TRANS, MICKEY TRANS!

Welcome to Disneyland, where they say “Dreamers” instead of “boys and girls”.

Welcome to Disneyland, where multiple Disney employees have been arrested for child sex crimes every year for the last ten years.

Welcome to Disneyland where they openly state they have been inserting gay and queer propaganda into their shows for children and plan to ramp it up even more.

Welcome to Disneyland where they plan to fight the “Parental Rights Law” passed by Florida Governor Ron DeSantis.

Welcome to Disneyland where Disney employees were caught in a child sex trafficking sting JUST LAST MONTH.

Disney plans on drowning our children in LGBTQ+ content at an early age. Their “oh so woke” agenda has been exposed big time since Disney decided to go full woketard when the “Parental Rights in Education” bill passed and was signed into law.

Oops! Disney, your “rat” tail is showing!

Expect the Disney PR machine to thunder into full rescue mode, but they will not be able to stop the whirlwind of bad woke PR that they themselves have caused.

Parents are already responding by canceling their Disney vacations and cruises, selling their Disney stock and banning Disney’s steaming service from their homes.

That is a good first step. We must keep up the pressure on Disney and convince our “normie” friends and relatives to do the same. Remember Disney is a HUGE corporation and owns many companies: By TitleMax.com
  • ABC
  • ESPN (80% stake)
  • Touchstone Pictures
  • Marvel
  • Lucasfilm
  • A&E (50% equity holding with Hearst Corporation)
  • The History Channel (50% equity holding with Hearst Corporation)
  • Lifetime (50% equity holding with Hearst Corporation)
  • Pixar
  • Hollywood Records
  • Vice Media (10% stake)
  • Core Publishing
Besides these, there are also the more obvious companies: Disney television channels, Disney stores, Disney radio stations, and Disney parks (including Walt Disney World Resort, Disneyland Resort, Disneyland Paris, Disney Cruise Line, and a host of other vacation-related properties). Their parks and properties tend to be the corporation’s biggest cash cows.

These MEGA corporations need to be broken up and their power taken away.

No “Mouse” is going to tell me how to live or think!

Plan accordingly,

Tina

Worst Caricature

C-1 Steve Benson, 01/03/2022

C-2 Terry C. Wise, 01/07/2022

C-3 Al Goodwyn, 01/08/2022

C-4 Steve Breen, 01/24/2022

C-5 Gary McCoy, 02/17/2022

C-6 Michael Ramirez, 03/18/2022

(for the weasel)

C-7 Ted Rall, 03/21/2022

quote:

What if Joe Biden were to admit to Vladimir Putin the obvious truth, that the United States is an expert in all the acts of villainy Russia is committing and accused of in Ukraine? What if he warned Russia that it would suffer the same loss of credibility United States has in criticizing Russia?

C-8 Jeff Danziger, 04/06/2022

C-9 Jeff Danziger, 04/10/2022

C-10 Ben Garrison, 04/11/2022

quote:

I AM THE GREAT AND POWERFUL IRS- FILE YOUR TAXES NOW OR FEEL MY WRATH

It has been said that when citizens fear government we have tyranny.

We definitely have tyranny.

It’s tax season once again, but it can also be called ‘fear season.’ The IRS relies on fear to get Americans to file and cough up large amounts of hard-earned money to them. Citizens fear heavy penalties with interest or even prison. That’s what keeps us filing, even though politicians smugly tell us that filing taxes is ‘voluntary.’ Those that don’t volunteer fear armed government thugs eventually showing up at their door.

Is this fear warranted? Not according to Peymon Mottahedeh who educates and assists Americans to live free from oppressive taxation and control. He started an organization that helps Americans learn the legal way not to file. He says our chances of getting audited are the same as getting hit by lighting. Why? Because not only does the IRS not have a legal footing that requires us to file, but also it’s awash in incompetence and has millions of backlogged paper filings that they cannot possibly analyze. Despite billions of tax dollars thrown at them, the IRS consistently fails to upgrade their computer systems. Like most government operations, it’s filled with corruption and incompetence.

If you’d like to learn how to safely refrain from filing and end the fear, visit Freedom Law School.

— Ben Garrison

For depiction of Toto

C-11 Jeff Danziger, 04/21/2022

C-12 Jeff Danziger, 04/27/2022
https://twitter.com/GPrime85/status/1398289959296159747

C-13 Pepsch Gottscheber, 05/25/2022

C-14 Tony Branco, 05/26/2022

C-15 Dana Summers, 05/28/2022

C-16 Fishman, 06/04/2022

intended to depict Biden

C-17 Henry Payne, 06/07/2022

C-18 Ben Garrison, 06/07/2022

quote:

MUSK GETS THE BIRD..

Elon Musk is apparently having second thoughts about buying Twitter.

He should have had plenty of first thoughts before plopping down $44 billion for the far-left social media company.

Run and populated by Marxists, Musk should have known that he was facing a legion of liars. After all, Marxism doesn’t work—so it relies on lies to succeed. In the case of Twitter, we know that many of the ‘followers’ and ‘real’ twitter makers are fake. The very unpopular Joe Biden had a lot of followers, but they proved to be half the number that Twitter claimed existed.

Musk’s lawyers found that Twitter has not been fully cooperative and are in clear material breach of their obligations made under the buyout agreement. In other words, Musk is getting stonewalled when it comes to his quest for seeking out factual data behind the company. He thinks there are far more bots than Twitter is revealing. Twitter pumps up the bots in order to claim a higher stock share price and advertisers.

Musk had little chance of finding out what’s really going on inside Twitter without buying the company. Now that he’s made the deal, he’s still having trouble.

If Musk terminates the agreement, he will owe a whopping $1 billion escape fee. That’s hardly chump change, but if Twitter continues to dither and obfuscate, Musk may have to cough it up.

We wonder why Musk bought Twitter in the first place. Its share price was in clear decline. After all, Twitter’s war against conservative voices meant that roughly half of their potential user base was not allowed into the socialist Twitter club. If Musk had simply waited, he probably could have picked up the company at a far cheaper price. Or he could have started his own similar company for half of what he paid for the blue bird.

Will Musk bail before Twitter’s wings fall off?

— The GrrrTeam

C-19 Tony Branco, 06/08/2022

C-20 Dana Summers, 06/11/2022

C-21 Mattie Lubchansky, 07/14/2022

C-22 Tom Stiglich, 07/19/2022

C-23 Ted Rall, 07/27/2022

quote:

Cosplay Democrats
When it comes to abortion rights, as with so many other issues, Democrats engage in performative rather than actual meaningful action. Mainly they are interested in your votes and your money, and they are unwilling to do anything substantial to get them."

C-24 Henry Payne, 08/06/2022

C-25 Tom Stiglich, 08/21/2022

C-26 Henry Payne, 08/23/2022

C-27 Matt Davies, 09/10/2022

C-28 Gary McCoy, 10/04/2022

C-29 Ben Garrison, 10/08/2022

quote:

HE DID NOT CHOSE WISELY…
We at GrrrGraphics are anti-war. This means we do not support the globalist oligarchy when they perpetually start new ones. Congress has not declared war against Russia, nor is there any reason they should. Ukraine is not part of NATO, nor should they be. The United States has no vested interest in protecting Ukraine’s borders, especially since we’re not protecting our own.

Our legion of corrupt politicians as well as functionaries in the Deep State do have an interest in Ukraine. They’ve been using that country as a gigantic washing machine. In other words, a money laundering operation. Many in power have made sure billions of taxpayer dollars keep pouring into Ukraine and you can bet their family and friends are benefiting through kickbacks. Hunter Biden is just one example. The $67 billion sent to Ukraine thus far is not being tracked or accounted for—that is a recipe for corruption, and Zelensky is corrupt.

Fight Thought Control through supporting Grrrgraphics high impact cartoons- We draw for you! Click to support us at SubscribeStar a monthly donation at whatever amount is comfortable

Yes, I know the media says Zelensky is a hero. Some have compared him with Winston Churchill. I disagree. As an entertainer with acting and social skills, he spends a lot of his time posing and basking in the media limelight. He constantly campaigns for more money to support his ‘democracy.’ Only Ukraine is not a democracy. Zelensky is an autocrat. He has banned political competition. Without support from the US and NATO, Zelensky would have long ago made a peace settlement with Moscow.

SIGN UP FOR THE GRRRGRAPHICS NEWSLETTER AND NEVER MISS A CARTOON- CLICK TO SIGN UP TODAY
Now, thanks to endless US support, he has banned the possibility of peace talks with Russia. He actually signed a decree ruling them out. Like Biden, Zelensky is holding out for victory and ‘regime change’ in Russia. This is dangerous folly and it might even provoke nuclear war. The US is openly talking about the possibility of a nuclear exchange. That will certainly bring about real climate change that Biden and his string pullers keep yammering about.

The US does not benefit by poking a stick at the Russian bear, Putin. Ukraine is on Russia’s doorstep and historically under Russian control. NATO and its globalist leaders have been the real aggressors—not Russia. NATO has provoked many wars and brought about a lot of ‘regime changes.’ They tried to start a war in Syria. They murdered Gaddafi and Saddam Hussein. The latter was tricked into invading Kuwait. He thought he had the go-ahead from America as a reward for standing up to and draining the resources of Iran. It was a trap and now Iraq is an expensive mess with plenty of depleted uranium littering the country. Libya, once a prosperous and successful country, is now a disaster.

Don’t Miss This Super Savings Deal! Donate $50 for 50% off everything in the cartoon store for the rest of 2022- unlimited use of our 50% OFF promo code! Last chance to save! Click now!

It’s no wonder Putin has put his foot down. He refuses to tolerate NATO’s perpetual expansion, which means Russia would eventually be forced to succumb to the western woke, trans mutilating, green, satanic, nihilistic, bug-eating, aggressive insanity now promulgated by the power-mad globalist bankers who control warmongering politicians such as Dementia Joe. Those central bankers have been able to get their way because they control the debt dollar, which is the world’s ‘reserve currency.’ Their corrupted dollar has led to great evil.

The globalist oligarchy want a proxy state in Ukraine for use as a bioweapons location and launching pad to eventually control Russia. The globalists are using the US to fight a proxy war and America’s military industrial complex and their lobbyists are only too willing to participate and rake in their usual gigantic profits. Throwing endless US taxpayer dollars into the bloody hands of Zelensky will only prolong the conflict and lead to thousands—maybe even millions—more dead. In the case of nuclear war, perhaps billions.

We need to stop supporting Zelensky and his Nazis in Ukraine. Let’s defend our own borders first.

— Ben Garrison

C-30 Ted Rall, 10/14/2022

quote:

Invasions Are Only Bad When Russia Does Them
From the Monroe Doctrine to the ongoing blockade of Cuba, the United States has repeatedly exerted and exercised its prerogative to invade any country in its immediate region, up to and including the entire Western hemisphere, if it perceives a threat of any kind, whether real or imagined. So it’s a bit baffling that so many Americans violently deplore Russia’s invasion of Ukraine, which is right along its border, after Ukraine threatened to join NATO, an anti-Russian military alliance.
C-31 Tina Toon, 10/15/2022

quote:

Dementia Joe Biden to the Rescue

Fetterman is so far gone, he makes Joe Biden look sharp!

Democrat Senate candidate and stroke victim John Fetterman’s campaign is in trouble. Therefore the Democrats are sending dementia patient Joe Biden to his rescue. Talk about the bind leading the blind!

Fetterman, er, Fetterwoman suffered a debilitating stroke in May during the primaries. He is experiencing cognitive issues and having trouble following speech and conversations. In fact, MSNBC even admitted that they had to set up a teleprompter in front of Fetterman so he could understand the questions during his recent interview.

“Just in some of the small talk prior to the interview, before the closed-captioning was up and running, it did seem that he had a hard time understanding our conversations,” the NBC reporter said.

Seeing Fetterman and Biden both on stage together would be the perfect example of today’s Democrat party: Clueless, brain-dead and physically broken.

To the Democrats, those attributes are a feature, not a glitch. In fact, being physically incapable of understanding spoken conversations makes Fetterman a “victim” and don’t you dare criticize him. Fetterman’s wife, who also acts as his nurse, was upset with the MSNBC’s reporter because she noticed her husbands cognitive decline.

“What a disservice she did, not only to my husband but to anyone facing a disability and working through it!” Gisele Fetterman said. “I don’t know how there were not consequences, right? I mean she was ableist!”

So if the Democratic senate candidate can barely talk or follow a conversation—and if you point that out—you are the bad person. You’re an “ableist.”

How dare you point that out! I guess if it works for “clueless” Joe Biden, why not John “Lumpy” Fetterman?

And what’s with that neck lump? Is he growing an extra head or what? Will Pennsylvania get two senators for the price of one? These are questions no one is asking. What’s next, a third ear? Now we know what his hoodies are for.

We thought he was merely a slob.

Dementia Joe Biden stumpin’ for “Lumpy” Fetterman will be like the blind leading the blind.

If Fetterman doesn’t get elected, he can always compete at the “special” Olympics.

— Tina

C-32 Scott Stantis, 10/16/2022

For depiction of the coyote

C-33 Chip Bok, 10/21/2022

C-34 Yaakov Kirschen, 11/16/2022

C-35 Gary McCoy, 12/21/2022

C-36 Alan Moir, 12/23/2022

C-37 Niccolo Pizarro, 12/24/2022

Worst Concern Trolling

CT-1 Mike Lester, 03/15/2022

CT-2 Henry Payne, 03/24/2022

CT-3 Dana Summers, 06/02/2022

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 02:24 on Apr 6, 2023

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

2022 Kellies Voting Part 2

Worst Gaslighting

G-1 Gary McCoy, 01/02/2022

G-2 Fishman, 01/03/2022

Counterpoints:
https://www.odmp.org/search/year?year=2011
https://www.odmp.org/search/year?year=2021

G-3 Tom Stiglich, 01/12/2022

G-4 Gary McCoy, 01/13/2022

G-5 Ted Rall, 01/14/2022

quote:

Biden’s defenders equate criticism of their president to support for Trump.

G-6 Steve Kelley, 01/15/2022

G-7 Michael Ramirez, 02/10/2022

G-8 Fishman, 02/24/2022

G-9 Henry Payne, 03/08/2022

G-10 Tom Stiglich, 03/16/2022

G-11 Michael Ramirez, 04/05/2022

G-12 Michael Ramirez, 04/14/2022

G-13 Rob Rogers, 04/15/2022

G-14 Peter Brookes, 05/07/2022

quote:

Labour are busy trying to spin their loss of overall vote share and gaining only one in ten council wards lost by the Tories as the ongoing effects of the Corbyn era. Their share is down from the high water mark of 2018, which they achieved when Corbyn was leader.

G-15 Tony Branco, 05/10/2022

G-16 Gary Varvel, 05/10/2022

G-17 Stan Kelley, 05/14/2022

G-18 Gary Varvel, 05/27/2022

G-19 Henry Payne, 05/28/2022

G-20 Bob Gorrell, 06/01/2022

quote:

No one wants nuclear families to go away. Government should help families that aren't nuclear because we live in the real world and tragedies happen! In the last 2 years, a lot of kids lost a parent to COVID, let alone all the other horrible things that can kill parents! Do you hate parents who just aren't married? If you end abortion, that means even more kids will be born to mothers who aren't married to the father!

Which religion? Islam is getting far worse than ridicule from the right wing. Anti-semitism is still a real thing that happens. Oh you mean Christianity? Which Christianity, and which ""traditional values""? The denominations and the belief systems that demonize LGBT people, condemn premarital sex, and deny women the right to reproductive health care? I thought so.

Demonizing police and calling for their defunding did happen. The police did not actually get defunded, and when the police act like demons (too many horrible incidents to list) or act like taking 40% of the municipal budget is a massive waste (Uvalde police department), they do not help their case.

No one called riots ""peaceful protests"". They explicitly said that 93% of BLM demonstrations were peaceful. Yes, that means 7% of the demonstrations turned violent but stating the facts is not loving gaslighting. Or did you mean the violent and deadly January 6, 2021 attempt at an insurrection? The January 6 event that the Republican Party labeled ""legitimate political discourse""? Of course you didn't.

The lockdowns are over, and you don't give a poo poo about the trauma vulnerable students suffered when they brought COVID home and killed grandma or grandpa. That's not even getting into the children who died from COVID.

Easy access to powerful guns is a cause of school shootings, and exacerbates their fatalities. Republicans are committed to preserving easy access to powerful guns.

G-21 Tony Branco, 06/05/2022

quote:

I don't know specifically about banning 9MM guns, but I do know that at least 80% of people support things like waiting periods, red flag laws and background checks. But no, everybody in BrancoLand knows that the real answer is fewer doors into school buildings.

G-22 Gary McCoy, 06/05/2022

G-23 Lisa Benson, 06/23/2022

G-24 Adam Ellis, 06/26/2022

quote:

This a sad day for the country, in my view, but it doesn’t mean the fight is over.

Let me be very clear and unambiguous: The only way we can secure a woman’s right to choose and the balance that existed is for Congress to restore the protections of Roe v. Wade as federal law.

No executive action from the President can do that. And if Congress, as it appears, lacks the vote — votes to do that now, voters need to make their voices heard.

This fall, we must elect more senators and representatives who will codify a woman’s right to choose into federal law once again, elect more state leaders to protect this right at the local level.

We need to restore the protections of Roe as law of the land. We need to elect officials who will do that.

This fall, Roe is on the ballot. Personal freedoms are on the ballot. The right to privacy, liberty, equality, they’re all on the ballot.

Until then, I will do all in my power to protect a woman’s right in states where they will face the consequences of today’s decision.

While the Court’s decision casts a dark shadow over a large swath of the land, many states in this country still recognize a woman’s right to choose.

So if a woman lives in a state that restricts abortion, the Supreme Court’s decision does not prevent her from traveling from her home state to the state that allows it. It does not prevent a doctor in that state — in that state from treating her.

As the Attorney General has made clear, women must remain free to travel safely to another state to seek the care they need. And my administration will defend that bedrock right.

If any state or local official, high or low, tries to interfere with a woman’s ex- — exercising her basic right to travel, I will do everything in my power to fight that deeply un-American attack.

My administration will also protect a woman’s access to medications that are approved by the Food and Drug Administration — the FDA — like contraception, which is essential for preventative healthcare; mifepristone, which the FDA approved 20 years ago to safely end early pregnancies and is commonly used to treat miscarriages.

Some states are saying that they’ll try to ban or severely restrict access to these medications.

But extremist governors and state legislators who are looking to block the mail or search a person’s medicine cabinet or control a woman’s actions by tracking data on her apps she uses are wrong and extreme and out of touch with the majority of Americans.

The American Medical Association and the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists wrote to me and Vice President Harris stressing that these laws are not based on — are not based on evidence and asking us to act to protect access to care. They say by limiting access to these medicines, maternal mortality will climb in America. That’s what they say.

Today, I’m directing the Department of Health and Human Services to take steps to ensure that these critical medications are available to the fullest extent possible and that politicians cannot interfere in the decisions that should be made between a woman and her doctor. And my administration will remain vigilant as the implications of this decision play out.

I’ve warned about how this decision risks the broader right to privacy for everyone. That’s because Roe recognized the fundamental right to privacy that has served as the basis for so many more rights that we have come to take — we’ve come to take for granted that are ingrained in the fabric of this country: the right to make the best decisions for your health; the right to use birth control — a married couple — in the privacy of their bedroom, for God’s sake; the right to marry the person you love.

Now, Justice Thomas said as much today. He explicitly called to reconsider the right of marriage equality, the right of couples to make their choices on contraception. This is an extreme and dangerous path the Court is now taking us on.

Let me close with two points.

First, I call on everyone, no matter how deeply they care about this decision, to keep all protests peaceful. Peaceful, peaceful, peaceful. No intimidation. Violence is never acceptable. Threats and intimidation are not speech. We must stand against violence in any form regardless of your rationale.

Second, I know so many of us are frustrated and disillusioned that the Court has taken something away that’s so fundamental. I know so many women are now going to face incredibly difficult situations. I hear you. I support you. I stand with you.

The consequences and the consensus of the American people — core principles of equality, liberty, dignity, and the stability of the rule of law — demand that Roe should not have been overturned.

With this decision, the conservative majority of the Supreme Court shows how extreme it is, how far removed they are from the majority of this country. They have made the United States an outlier among developed nations in the world. But this decision must not be the final word.

My administration will use all of its appropriate lawful powers. But Congress must act. And with your vote, you can act. You can have the final word. This is not over.

G-25 Stanley McMurty, 07/24/2022

G-26 Mike Lester, 08/03/2022

G-27 Scott Stantis, 08/05/2022

G-28 Mike Lester, 08/05/2022

G-29 Michael Ramirez, 08/08/2022

Laziest Non-Gorrell

L-1 Gary Markstein, 02/10/2022

L-2 Lalo Alcaraz, 03/01/2022

L-3 Robert Ariail, 03/01/2022

L-4 Tom Stiglich, 03/06/2022

L-5 Warren Brown, 03/06/2022

L-6 Scott Stantis, 03/12/2022

Nomination applies to entire Carmen candidacy arc.

L-7 Tom Stiglich, 03/22/2022

L-8 Clay Bennett, 03/24/2022

quote:

You either die a Kreider, or live long enough to see yourself become the Bennett. :sigh:

L-9 Clay Bennett, 04/09/2022

L-10 Scott Stantis, 04/12/2022

L-11 Clay Bennett, 04/18/2022

L-12 Jeff Stahler, 04/25/2022

L-13 Scott Stantis, 05/13/2022

L-14 Clay Bennett, 05/18/2022

L-15 Gary McCoy, 06/05/2022

L-16 Tom Stiglich, 06/08/2022

L-17 Tom Stiglich, 06/27/2022

L-18 Ted Rall, 07/15/2022

quote:

Every Day is Fundraising Time
After Roe v. Wade was overturned by the US Supreme Court, President Joe Biden and his fellow Democrats were heavily criticized for their response, which boils down to pleas to vote for Democrats and fundraising. They were surprised because this has always been their typical response to such events.

L-19 Scott Stantis, 07/17/2022

L-20 Steve Breen, 07/28/2022

L-21 Tony Branco, 08/04/2022

L-22 Michael Leunig, 08/26/2022

L-23 R.J. Matson, 09/10/2022

L-24 Michael Leunig, 10/07/2022

L-25 Ted Rall, 12/12/2022

quote:

Best System Ever except for the Way It Actually Works Because the Democratic Party hasn’t built a farm team, they may well be stuck with 82-year-old Joe Biden to run for reelection. Republicans, meanwhile, are in an analogous situation, possibly stuck with Donald Trump because no better alternative has stepped up yet. How did the population of 330 million people end up with so few choices? The uncredited source looks like Salwan Georges' photos for the Washington Post of the March For Our Lives protests in 2018 for gun control legislation

L-26 Gary McCoy, 12/24/2022

quote:

Seriously. gently caress you McCoy. gently caress you for your racism, your mysogyny, your transphobia, your hideous fear for anything that doesn't fit your straight white male world view. gently caress your genuine, sincerely held belief that making GBS threads scribbles onto paper once or twice a week makes you some sort of enlightened being. gently caress you for being the type of guy who would suck Rush Limbaugh's long decomposed dick if given half the chance. gently caress you for being a talentless hack who lucked into what has to be one of the laziest jobs in the world thanks to having a marginally more talented brother to latch on to.

quote:

Seriously, gently caress you. This cartoon is supposed to be a celebration of the most holy day in your religion. And you just couldn't be loving bothered to give it even a fraction of the effort you give to bashing anyone you hate, which is about 80% of the living human population. Nope. lovely star in a black void, desert wasteland, a lovely little crib and a lily-white baby jesus stretching out his arms. For gently caress's sake, assuming those weird sprouts at the end of the arms are supposed to be his fingers, you couldn't even be bothered to give him the same amount on each hand. He's probably wondering where his mum and dad are. And the sheep and the donkey. Why there's no roof over his head to shield him from the pitch-black sky, where apparently no other stars exist. Your faith is empty, hollow and meaningless save for use as a cudgel for you to beat anyone who isn't like you.

L-27 Al Goodwyn, 12/26/2022

quote:

This is just straight up doing someone else's poo poo as your cartoon. I won't even buy that this is a Shulz's 100th birthday thing, since that was last month and it doesn't give the dates.

Charles M. Schulz's work has meant a lot to me. gently caress this lazy rear end in a top hat

EDIT - AND HE SPELLED HIS loving NAME WRONG

Laziest Gorrell

LG-1 Bob Gorrell, 03/01/2022

LG-2 Bob Gorrell, 06/10/2022

Note: LG-3 was an accidental re-nomination; all votes for LG-3 will be merged with votes for LG-1.

Worst Label

LB-1 John Spooner, 01/18/2022

LB-2 Tony Branco, 02/02/2022

LB-3 Ya'akov Kirschen, 02/04/2022

Note: this cartoonist is apparently also no longer being posted.

LB-4 Tony Branco, 02/05/2022

LB-5 Ben Garrison, 02/18/2022

quote:

The Clintons. Lower Than a snake’s belly

When I heard that Hillary was dismissing her crimes with a wave of her gnarly hand and a cackling lie I thought of the old cliché: Lower than a snake’s belly. That’s what the Clintons are.

No, they are lower than that. They are scum.

Comparing them with scum isn’t fair to scum, though. Scum looks fairly meretricious compared to the Clintons. Bill and Hillary are lower than scum. They are lower than the toxic water filling the Deep State Swamp. They are lower than the fetid, rotten bottom of the swamp.

The Clintons are maggot-like creatures squirming along the bedrock below the swamp. Their nefarious wrong-doings are too numerous to list here. Suffice to say Bill visited Epstein Island two dozen times. He wasn’t there to discuss business. Hillary created a nasty lie that cost taxpayers over $40 million to investigate. There was no Trump/Russia collusion. She and Obama spied on Trump’s campaign. They spied on Trump when he was in office. The Deep State was in on it.

Madame Crooksident is the lowest of the low, but she thinks all she has to do is lie and cheat her way into the highest office of the land. That must not happen. We need to make sure the elections are no longer rigged. That means ending mail-in ballots, drop boxes–and most of all, the Dominion voting machines.

LB-6 Steve Benson, 02/23/2022

LB-7 Tony Branco, 03/05/2022

LB-8 Mike Luckovich, 03/08/2022

LB-9 Jeff Stahler, 03/18/2022

LB-10 Lisa Benson, 03/18/2022

LB-11 Michael Ramirez, 03/28/2022

LB-12 Tony Branco, 03/30/2022

LB-13 Clay Bennett, 04/17/2022

LB-14 Jeff Danziger, 04/21/2022

LB-15 Drew Sheneman, 04/30/2022

LB-16 Jeff Danziger, 04/30/2022

LB-17 Chris Britt, 05/02/2022

LB-18 Nick Anderson, 05/21/2022

LB-19 Ben Garrison, 05/25/2022

quote:

THE SOLUTION IS MORE GUNS NOT LESS

An 18 year-old mass murderer attacked an elementary school. Everyone feels terrible about the tragedy, but Biden immediately turned it into a call for gun control.

That was disgusting. It’s almost as if our corrupt government and its security agencies are arranging weekly mass shootings in order to gain their goal: nullify the Second Amendment. I’m not saying the most recent shooting was a false flag, but let’s just say the government and the FBI won’t hesitate to arrange things.

Kamala Harris spouted the cliché, “Enough is enough!” We all agree that too many have died, but the solution is not taking away the guns.

The solution is more guns.

We need to arm school personnel. Provide teachers with a sidearm if necessary. Hire full time security guards. Biden will say we can’t afford that, yet he can afford to shovel away $40 billion taxpayer dollars to Ukraine for more bombs, guns, and death.If a shooter knows he’s entering a ‘gun free zone,’ he naturally becomes more emboldened. If he knows that the business or school has plenty of employees packing heat, he might be more reluctant.

We know the globalists and the Marxist Democrats want to completely disarm American citizens. They’ll end up telling us that we don’t need anything more powerful than a small caliber revolver before taking those away, too. That’s “common sense” gun control, as Joe puts it. We shouldn’t fall for such BS. We need what the Democrats erroneously call ‘assault weapons.’ They use that term to scare us out of owning them. We need high capacity magazines. We needpowerful rounds of ammunition. We need it all to protect ourselves when Big Government oversteps its bounds and decides they want to cart us off to secret camps or worse.

We might need them to fight off government thugs who are going door to door to carry out mandatory vaccinations. Who knows—we might need them when government tries to take away children from parents because those parents object to the disturbing sexual grooming practiced by the insane public education system.

We need our Second Amendment not only for hunting and self-protection, but mainly to fight back against a heavily armed globalist government bent on our destruction.

Big government claims they’re concerned about our safety. They say we must lose our liberty in order to fight evil-doers.

It’s time for Americans to realize that government itself is the ultimate evil-doer.

— Ben Garrison

LB-20 Mike Luckovich, 06/01/2022

LB-21 Joe Heller, 06/21/2022

LB-22 Tom Tomorrow, 07/20/2022

Nominated for first panel.

LB-23 Peter Broelman, 07/24/2022

LB-24 Ted Rall, 07/27/2022

quote:

Cosplay Democrats
When it comes to abortion rights, as with so many other issues, Democrats engage in performative rather than actual meaningful action. Mainly they are interested in your votes and your money, and they are unwilling to do anything substantial to get them.

LB-25 Bob Gorrell, 08/03/2022

LB-26 Henry Payne, 08/06/2022

LB-27 Michael Ramirez, 08/15/2022

LB-28 Clay Bennett, 08/25/2022

LB-29 Joe Heller, 09/01/2022

LB-30 Michael Ramirez, 09/05/2022

LB-31 Gary McCoy, 11/16/2022

LB-32 Yaakov Kirschen, 11/16/2022

LB-33 Mike Lester, 12/17/2022

LB-34 Ben Garrison, 12/31/2022

quote:

HAPPY ULTRA MEGA MAGA NEW YEAR
The old year is just about over and the New Year is rising over the horizon. We all made it though another year of the clown world insanity of the Biden Regime. Congratulations to everyone on surviving what was a pretty tough year for a lot of people, but you made it. Our faith, will power and shear determination carried us through the tough times and to a new beginning.

2023 is going to be a historic year with world shaking changes that will at last wake humanity up across the United States and the world.

Truth will be told and lies will be exposed.

People will realize what has happened to us over the last 100 years and see who needs to be held accountable. We, the people, will come together. Unity and truth will destroy the globalist cabal and the puppet masters.

America will become energy independent, Trump did it before and can do it again.

The Green New Deal narrative is being exposed as a fraud, a means for total control over the masses. Only the green cult members will still believe in the hoax, the majority will not.

The Trump 2024 campaign will continue to snowball with bigger rallies and a larger reach to eager audiences.

Biden will go down as the worst president in American history, destroying the Democrat party and the RINOs along with him.

Ukraine will be revealed as the most corrupt country in the world and Zelensky will be exposed as just a puppet playing his role as a begger for the money laundering globalist tyrants.

The DC Swamp levels are draining, slower than we want, but are draining. Drip, drip, flood as the Twitter Files continue to reveal the mind staggering corruption and censorship of the DC Cabal.

Once again it’s been proven ‘walls work’ and the wall will be finished and so will be Biden and his open borders.

The January 6th protesters will be freed and pardoned as they did no wrong. Ray Epps will be exposed as a FED plant to entrap Trump supporters.

Mar-A-Lago will become the ‘southern White House’ as ‘normies’ slowly realize, Trump won.

America will awaken and so will the entire world.

‘The best is yet to come!”

We wish you a very happy 2023. Buckle up!

We Will Keep Winning- Together!

Most Incomprehensible

MI-1 Al Goodwyn, 01/17/2022

MI-2 Mike Lester, 02/02/2022

MI-3 Gary McCoy, 02/04/2022

MI-4 Michael Ramirez, 04/04/2022

MI-5 Martin Rowson, 04/09/2022

MI-6 Clay Bennett, 04/18/2022

MI-7 Gary McCoy, 05/04/2022

MI-8 Jeff Danziger, 05/04/2022

MI-9 Ted Rall, 05/16/2022

quote:

To the Action Mobile! I have been saying for years that if anything could get liberals out into the street, and get their anger on, it would be the overturning of Roe v. Wade by the US Supreme Court. Now that’s going to happen. Yet the Democrats and liberals aren’t doing anything but complaining on social media.

MI-10 Mike Lester, 05/21/2022

MI-11 Mike Luckovich, 05/26/2022

MI-12 Bob Gorrell, 06/10/2022

MI-13 Gary McCoy, 06/21/2022

MI-14 Gary Varvel, 07/11/2022

MI-15 Henry Payne, 07/29/2022

MI-16 Lisa Benson, 07/30/2022

MI-17 Steve Breen, 09/05/2022

MI-18 Joel Pett, 09/21/2022

MI-19 Gary McCoy, 10/01/2022

MI-20 Henry Payne, 12/06/2022

MI-21 Mike Lester, 12/17/2022

MI-22 Henry Payne, 12/30/2022

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Mar 7, 2023

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

2022 Kellies Voting Part 3

Most Opposite of Reality

OR-1 Fishman, 02/24/2022

OR-2 Henry Payne, 03/08/2022

OR-3 Henry Payne, 06/25/2022

OR-4 Mike Lester, 07/08/2022

OR-5 John Shakespeare, 08/26/2022

OR-6 Tony Branco, 09/07/2022

OR-7 Al Goodwyn, 09/10/2022

OR-8 Jake Fuller, 09/17/2022

OR-9 Dana Summers, 09/18/2022

OR-10 Ben Garrison, 09/23/2022

quote:

THE PUREBLOODS SHALL INHERIT THE EARTH..

Free speech in America remains under attack.

We know on social media one must be careful about talking about Covid. “Wrong think” can lead to getting banned or deleted from sites such as YouTube, Facebook, and of course, Twitter. I spoke out against the Covid vaccines on Facebook and I kept getting banned, so I finally deleted my account. Due to my anti-medical tyranny cartoons and anti-vaccine cartoons in particular, Facebook pulled the plug on our main 60k followers cartoon page. We had a backup page with far less followers, but our interest in actively participating on Facebook waned greatly.

I have been drawing editorial cartoons to warn people against vaccine abuse long before Covid arrived and shortly after the manufactured bioweapon was unleashed, I found I had enough cartoons to put together a book. “Make America Well Again” was published in 2021. Kent Heckenlively was kind enough to write a forward for it. Fortunately it was not banned on Amazon—perhaps because I chose a positive title and cartoon of President Trump as a doctor diagnosing America. Trump must renounce the vaccines that he helped rush out. He wanted to be a hero—I get that. Still, the billions of taxpayer Covid money sent to Big Pharma should be clawed back due to their flawed trials and inadequate research.

Many respected scientists and doctors vociferously warned about the dangers of the rushed-out mRNA vaccines. They were silenced by social media. The mainstream media depends on Big Pharma advertising so naturally they pushed the deadly Covid injections instead of doing real investigative journalism. The general public got brainwashed and bullied into taking the jabs and wearing the masks—both dangerous to health. Even some corporations that should have known better such as Fox News made vaccination mandatory for their employees. Too many people had to get the poison pokes in order to keep their jobs.

Now many among the vaccinated are suddenly dropping dead.

Way too many children and teenagers are getting myocarditis. We keep reading stories about young, physically fit doctors and athletes who suddenly die of heart attacks. Morticians say they are finding long clot material inside the veins of the dead. The side effect list is long and disturbing, but what’s more disturbing is Big Pharma is permitted to push boosters based on testing a half dozen mice.

It’s about money and control, and I believe the so-called ‘elite’ globalists running the show had long planned a deadly virus.

Their point man, Fauci, saw to it that gain of function occurred at a communist Chinese military bioweapons lab in Wuhan. It may have been released prematurely. After all, the safety standards were proved to be sloppy at the lab. To be sure, they were working on a contagious respiratory virus, but it wasn’t yet deadly enough. So when it was accidentally released Fauci, the World Health Organization, and others controlling the ‘science’ used the mainstream media to magnify the danger. Meanwhile, Fauci and his operatives tried to cover up their complicity.

Thanks to dictatorial government agencies who insisted they alone had the final word on the ‘science,’ and a puppet corporate media that fanned the flames of fear, people were wearing masks, agreeing to lockdowns, and accepting mandatory jabs. We all got a good glimpse into the globalists’ plan.

They wanted vaccine passports to track and control us. They also wanted to determine what would go into our bodies. Those that resisted were smeared and dehumanized.

Biden told us that if we got the mRNA ‘vaccine,’ we wouldn’t get Covid. That was a lie. Not only did the fully vaccinated get Covid, they could also spread it and many died of it. Even more died from the vaccine itself. It was neither safe nor effective! During the blitz of bullshit delivered by so-called leaders, there were many courageous, expert voices warning us about the so-called vaccines.

Too many didn’t listen. Too many remain brainwashed today. I still see people wearing masks alone on a sunny day. Some like to brag about getting the latest ‘booster’ despite a rising tide of evidence of how dangerous those boosters are. Too many are not paying attention even now!

What’s next? Probably mandatory flu vaccines. See how that works? They accustom us to obeying and then the medical tyranny never goes away. Resist!

We need investigate the Covid scandal. Fauci lied to Congress. Bill Gates and Fauci belong in prison along with Big Pharma executives.

— Ben Garrison

OR-11 Gary Varvel, 11/01/2022

OR-12 Henry Payne, 12/17/2022

Most Easily Reinterpreted

R-1 Al Goodwyn, 01/02/2022

R-2 Chip Bok, 01/04/2022

R-3 Johannes Leak, 01/04/2022

R-4 Scott Stantis, 01/05/2022

R-5 Chip Bok, 01/12/2022

R-6 Henry Payne, 01/22/2022

R-7 Terry C. Wise, 02/13/2022

R-8 Chip Bok, 02/23/2022

R-9 Mike Lester, 03/01/2022

R-10 Mark Knight, 03/13/2022

R-11 Bob Gorrell, 03/24/2022

R-12 Tom Stiglich, 03/25/2022

R-13 Tom Stiglich, 03/27/2022

R-14 Fishman, 03/31/2022

R-15 Andy Davey, 04/09/2022

R-16 Fishman, 04/11/2022

R-17 Ben Garrison, 04/14/2022

quote:

PRETTY BIRD! SAY “FREE SPEECH!”

Elon Musk now owns nearly 10 percent of Twitter, which sent shivers of fear up the censorious spines of those currently running the company. Musk is now being attacked on MSNBC and other globalist, lefty media outlets. They say he’s a ‘racist’ and the usual blather. They do not want Musk to return free speech to the public square that was Twitter.

Musk was going to be on the board, but then he would have been limited to how much stock he would be allowed to have. Instead he declined the post and now he can buy more shares. He’s one of the richest men in the world and he could certainly afford it and he may be one of the few oligarchs who is out to restore some of our freedom rather than take it away.

Musk can be a hero here, but he needs help. If conservatives bought the stock and then transferred their voting rights to him by proxy, the Tesla honcho could end up with a controlling stake and thus make changes including the reintroduction of free speech. He might even restore President Trump’s posting privileges.

One can only hope…

— Ben Garrison

R-18 Mike Lester, 04/14/2022

R-19 Al Goodwyn, 04/21/2022

R-20 Ted Rall, 04/25/2022

quote:

White people are socially prohibited from using the N-word, while Black Americans are not. Some white people complain about being excluded from this “right.” Although one has to wonder, why do they care?

R-21 Ben Garrison, 04/26/2022

quote:

HOW MUCH IS THAT BIRDIE IN THE WINDOW?

Elon Musk’s buyout of Twitter is a done deal. At the end, those in control of Twitter couldn’t resist his fat offer of $44 billion. After all, it wasn’t exactly chicken feed.

Musk has expressed a strong desire to return free speech to what once was a public square known as Twitter. Once he’s in control, can we expect the reinstatement of all the conservatives who got banned? Let’s hope GrrrGraphics will be included. We had nearly 300,000 followers when Twitter suddenly shut us down. They claimed we were ‘spamming’ their platform. (Forget what Wikipedia says about it, that page about me is chock full of lies and erroneous information).

Naturally the left is terrified by the takeover news. Musk is a loose cannon among the billionairiat class. He doesn’t go along with CRT or wokeism. Hillary is probably worried that a legion of deplorables will soon be back on Twitter to spread nasty memes and ‘disinformation’ about her. Obama and Hillary claim free speech is a threat to their democracy. Musk sees free speech as integral to democracy. All he has to do now is clean house, fire the current racist, anti-white CEO and return Twitter back to a neutral platform.

It sounds great, but will it happen? I have my doubts. Pardon my cynicism, but it all seems too easy. Can we really expect that the Deep State, the WEF, the CIA, and the central bankers will allow common folk to use Twitter as a platform to question the ‘official’ narratives about vaccines, the man-made climate change bunk, and the disgusting war mongering in Ukraine? These criminals have spent far too much time stamping out free speech after Trump was elected. They’re not going to easily give up and allow Twitter to revert back to the good ol’ days.

Twitter was on its way out well before Musk showed up. It excoriated nearly half of its user base—conservatives. Those allowed to remain are the Hollywood limousine liberal crowd, the LGBTQ-ETC types, Democrats, the leftist media entities, and the groomer crowd. It was becoming an irrelevant echo chamber plagued with bots. Its stock was in decline and many predicted it would go the way of MySpace. In a way, Musk rescued Twitter—and at a ridiculous price at that. Why would he spend $44 billion when he could have easily created a similar platform for half the price?

Will the wealthy among the left refuse to buy his Teslas? Isn’t Musk afraid of that? The electric car is aligned with the globalists’ climate change agenda. The rich on the left find his cars to be status symbols—they engage in virtue signaling on wheels. The rabble certainly can’t afford them, but Musk is welcoming that rabble back on Twitter.

Musk is no free speech purist. He has tried to shut down criticism of his precious Tesla in the past. Will he get rid of users who criticize his company on Twitter? Was Musk somehow selected to buy out Twitter in order to restore its reputation in time for the midterms—thereby giving the left more credibility? In other words, he might talk about restoring free speech, but the fulfillment of his promise might be intentionally delayed until well after those midterms.

Something isn’t adding up here. Let’s see if Musk can really get his bird off the ground. I truly hope he does restore free speech on Twitter. Only then will I trust Musk.

— Ben Garrison

R-22 Clay Bennett, 05/05/2022

R-23 Mike Lester, 05/09/2022

R-24 Chip Bok, 05/20/2022

R-25 Mike Lester, 05/27/2022

R-26 Ben Garrison, 06/10/2022

quote:

"SHELOB” SPINS HER WEB OF LIES

It was difficult for me to watch the carefully crafted circus known as Nancy Pelosi’s select Committee for the January 6 protest. The slick production is nothing more than a third impeachment trial for President Trump–and he’s not even in office. Yet that’s the point of the trial—to keep Trump from winning office once again.

The devious spider known as Pelosi (aka ‘Shelob’) spun her trap for Trump’s supporters. She refused to deploy extra security and instead used a corrupt security agency known as the FBI to make sure the protestors walked into the Capitol building. You can bet the committee won’t mention Ray Epps, ostensibly a Trump supporter, who yelled out at those protesting a stolen election and encouraged them to go into the dome. Many other FBI agents were involved in the operation and set up the legal booby trap. Check out the excellent reporting done by ‘Revolver:’

Epps wasn’t arrested, but too many of those that he encouraged were. They were sent to a terrible prison in the nation’s capitol where they have suffered cruel abuse. Nancy Pelosi likes it that way. She and her Democrats want full revenge not only on Trump, but on all of his supporters. They will soon be referring to the MAGA-minded as ’terrorists.’

The truth is out there, but Pelosi’s committee hearings doesn’t care about that. They care about exacting political revenge.

— Ben Garrison

R-27 Mike Lester, 06/14/2022

R-28 Tony Branco, 06/26/2022

quote:

Promises Kept: Overturning Roe vs Wade would not have happened if it were not for Trump picking the right Justices.

R-29 Gary McCoy, 06/28/2022

R-30 Tom Stiglich, 06/29/2022

R-31 Ben Garrison, 06/30/2022

quote:

CAN TRUMP GRAB THE WHEEL AND STEER AMERICA BACK IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION?

It’s a race to the finish, our future depends on who has control of the steering wheel of state.

Currently a demented Deep State puppet is steering America towards the brink of a globalist abyss, where the future of eating bugs and weeds, inflation, and Chinese type social credit systems await.

You will become human cattle, living safe, controlled lives managed by the global elite in their estates. Every move you make will be watched and controlled.

Sounds fun, right?

2024 is a critical election.

If the Democrats steal it for a doddering Biden once again, we’ll know our Republic is finished. Joe continues to steer America in a disastrous direction.

Restoring Trump could be a matter of life and death.

The Democrats are now inventing ridiculous stories to discredit Trump, but that’s what they do. Lie. It’s what Biden does reflexively. Biden may appear to be at the wheel, but it’s really Obama and his people that are powering his car. We will see what happens during the midterms. The Democrats may view it as a temporary setback—more time than expected in the pitstop, but we know they won’t hesitate to steal the election for their puppet once again.

American’s will not accept the Democrats bleak future and are prepared to fight back.

Trump will wrestle the steering wheel of state back from the left and the RINO GOP, and steer America towards the big, beautiful finish line of prosperity, freedom and liberty for all.

-GrrrTeam

R-32 Tony Branco, 07/01/2022

R-33 Pedro X. Molina, 07/05/2022

R-34 David Pope, 07/05/2022

R-35 Tom Stiglich, 07/06/2022

R-36 Mike Lester, 07/08/2022

R-37 Tom Stiglich, 07/13/2022

R-38 Chip Bok, 07/22/2022

R-39 Fishman, 07/28/2022

R-40 Al Goodwyn, 07/30/2022

R-41 Mike Lester, 08/05/2022

R-42 Gary McCoy, 08/16/2022

R-43 Gary Varvel, 08/24/2022

R-44 Gary McCoy, 08/27/2022

R-45 Tom Stiglich, 09/15/2022

R-46 Tatsuya Ishida, 09/25/2022

R-47 Fishman, 09/26/2022

R-48 Fishman, 10/02/2022

R-49 Patrick Blower, 10/04/2022

R-50 Chip Bok, 10/05/2022

R-51 Chip Bok, 10/08/2022

R-52 Bob Gorrell, 10/28/2022

R-53 Fishman, 10/30/2022

R-54 Cai Meng, 12/08/2022

R-55 Gary Varvel, 12/21/2022

R-56 Chip Bok, 12/22/2022

Worst Roe Cartoon

ROE-1 Al Goodwyn, 05/11/2022

ROE-2 Tina Toon, 06/25/2022

quote:

LIFE WINS!

President Trump commented on the Supreme Court overturning Roe V. Wade by saying “God made the decision.”

The comment brought about expected derision from the Democrats, of course. After all, they have been busy removing God from everything.

The Democrat leaders were predictably outraged. Even though there has been over 63 million deaths of unborn babies since Roe V. Wade was established in 1973, the Democrats consider abortion to be sacred. Of course, they call it ‘women’s health rights’ and not abortion. Dementia Joe, who was once against abortion, now feigns outrage. He questioned what would happen to women who are made pregnant by rape or incest. (Pedo Joe probably committed incest himself. After all, his family is rather screwed up). Most likely, abortions are performed out of convenience, not as a result of rape or incest. Democrats consider human beings to be disposable blobs of matter. This is a predictable attitude since most of them are Marxists and atheists.

Maxine Waters called for an insurrection against one of the three branches of government. Chuck Schumer threatened violence. There was support from Democrats for the protestors outside the Justices’ homes while they were still deliberating and although that’s against the law, nobody was locked up because Insurrection is fine when Democrats do it. They are, after all, above the law.

The Democrats want to blow things out of proportion in order to influence midterm voters. The Supreme Court did not ban abortion, they simply left it up to each individual state—the way it should have been all along. The power to decide has been restored to the people to a certain degree.

There is nothing about abortion in the Constitution so it’s clearly a state issue and it should have been all along. It’s also clear that the blue states will not make abortion unlawful. If anything, they will encourage more of it and right up to term.

Watch for the left to throw a tantrum over the SCOTUS decision. They will riot, loot and storm federal buildings calling for the Supreme Court to be dissolved.
Looks like an insurrection and a J24 committee should be formed right away.

Liberal tears are back on the menu boys!

— The GrrrTeam

ROE-3 Mike Lester, 06/29/2022

ROE-4 Tony Branco, 07/01/2022

ROE-5 Steve Kelley, 07/18/2022

Worst Cartoon about a Tragedy

TG-1 Kevin Necessary, 03/14/2022

TG-2 Tom Stiglich, 03/15/2022

TG-3 Tom Stiglich, 04/27/2022
https://twitter.com/GPrime85/status/1398289959296159747

TG-4 Mike Lester, 05/17/2022

TG-5 Tony Branco, 05/26/2022

TG-6 Steve Breen, 05/26/2022

TG-7 Mike Lester, 05/27/2022

TG-8 Dana Summers, 05/28/2022

TG-9 Chip Bok, 05/28/2022

TG-10 Tom Stiglich, 05/30/2022

TG-11 Gary Varvel, 05/31/2022

TG-12 Gary McCoy, 06/01/2022

TG-13 Tatsuya Ishida, 06/12/2022

TG-14 Chris Britt, 10/04/2022

Worst Cartoon about Ukraine

UKR-1 Tom Stiglich, 03/15/2022

UKR-2 Mike Luckovich, 04/12/2022

UKR-3 Scott Stantis, 04/12/2022

UKR-4 Ted Rall, 05/11/2022

quote:

Wars Make Bad Badfellows
Many Americans are skeptical about military support for Ukraine given that country’s dismal human rights record and autocratic political system. One might also wonder why any other country would want to get into a relationship with the United States.

Most Willfully Dense

WD-1 Henry Payne, 01/08/2022

WD-2 Ted Rall, 02/07/2022

quote:

The decision of a Tennessee school board to remove a graphic novel about the Holocaust from the eighth grade curriculum has many people crying censorship. But what really is censorship? Why do we not consider economic censorship, the decision not to print something in the first place, less severe than something like this Tennessee decision? Better, after all, to have been printed and sold than to have never been printed and sold.

WD-3 Tom Stiglich, 09/05/2022

Best Edit/Parody

P-1 Pilchenstein, 01/04/2022

original:
P-2 Pants Donkey, 01/12/2022
[quote=""Pants Donkey"" post=""520643158""]
One two three....

*hic*

Well he drinks around the world from Koval to Cantinero
he's a bloated-bellied belcher from Broadside down to Bailey’s
he'll take you for a ride on a weird buzz from Bud Zero
Tell me where in the world is motherfuckin’ Tinsley?
Sold his soul to Sailor Jerry, made Alexander cry Uncle
From the Red Stripe to Grey Goose he’ll be payin’ his dues
Well they also Exshaw him steal the Mezan so we grumble
He’ll go from Nelson’s to Nordčs, Boatyard to Zubrowka
Corona to City of London and back!
Well he'll ransack Regal Rogue and run a tab in Tabernacle
Then he'll bottoms up some Foster’s and go pick-pocket Pabst
he put the Sir in cirrhosis when he spewed the brews from Axle
Oh tell me where in the world is... Oh tell me where can he be?
Ooh, Bacardi to Teeling, Miller chasin' Anheuser,
Moët & Chandon, Old Style, Woo-Hoo...!

Well he glugs around the globe and he'd guzzle each libation
he's a double-dosing drunkard with a taste for wineries
His itinerary's loaded up with driving violations

Tell me where in the world is- where can he be?
Tell me where in the world is motherfuckin’ Tinsley

[/quote]

P-3 kartikeya, 02/24/2022

parody of

P-4 Jedit, 03/25/2022

P-5 KennyMan666, 04/06/2022

P-6 kartikeya, 04/14/2022

edit of

P-7 kartikeya, 04/18/2022

edit of

P-8 Chicken Parmigiana, 04/23/2022

General Luenig parody, based on a post by Angepain.

P-9 skeleton warrior, 06/01/2022

Parody of

P-10 Guavanaut, 06/04/2022

parody of

P-11 Bismuth, 06/18/2022

parody of

P-12 Hihohe, 06/26/2022

parody of

P-13 Hihohe, 06/27/2022

parody of , and associated post by Skeleton Mom, "I'm sorry ma'am but your fetus has been jokerfied. it's nonviable"

P-14 Guavanaut, 07/01/2022

P-15 Raised by Birds, 07/03/2022

parody of

P-16 PowerBeard, 07/06/2022

P-17 World Famous W, 07/07/2022

parody of

P-18 Nenonen, 07/15/2022

parody of

P-19 Neito, 07/26/2022

parody of

P-20 the_steve, 08/05/2022

parody of

P-21 Guavanaut, 08/12/2022

parody of

P-22 Guavanaut, 08/20/2022

edit of

P-23 Neito, 08/24/2022

parody of

P-24 kartikeya, 08/29/2022

parody of

P-25 Saint Sputnik, 08/30/2022

P-26 Saint Sputnik, 09/04/2022

P-27 Saint Sputnik, 09/10/2022

P-28 Ghouljokes, 09/11/2022

parody of

P-29 Saint Sputnik, 09/14/2022

parody of

P-30 Guavanaut, 09/16/2022

parody of

P-31 Alhazred, 09/18/2022

P-32 Henry Payne, 11/08/2022

parody of

P-33 Guavanaut, 11/09/2022

parody of

P-34 Unknown, Onion, 11/11/2022

P-35 Neito, 11/12/2022

parody of

P-36 Guavanaut, 11/23/2022

P-37 kartikeya, 11/25/2022

parody of

P-38 SubG, 12/02/2022

parody of
P-39 rodbeard, 12/07/2022

parody of

P-40 Mattie Lubchansky, 12/08/2022

P-41 Apple Pie Hubbub, 12/10/2022

P-42 Guavanaut, 12/13/2022

parody of

Worst Overall

WO-1 Michael Ramirez, 02/10/2022

WO-2 Tom Stiglich, 02/15/2022

WO-3 Tony Branco, 02/27/2022

WO-4 David Horsey, 03/08/2022

quote:

At long last, Seattle police are making their presence known at Third Avenue and Pine Street.

The area around that intersection in downtown Seattle has become a meeting place and semi-permanent residence for those addicted to drugs, drug sellers, shoplifters and gang members. During the two years of pandemic, the situation became more acute because office workers, shoppers and tourists disappeared from the streets. Yet, even before COVID-19 sent everyone home to socially distance, the Third and Pike location was a seedy and sometimes dangerous mess.

Two murders in the area within the last week finally pushed Seattle tolerance too far. The cops will now be patrolling the scene 24 hours a day, and that is a relief to shop owners like Amir Yousuf, who has run International Cigar and Tobacco on Third Avenue between Pike and Pine streets for 25 years. He told The Times that he has had to fight off 10 to 20 shoplifters a day, and the entrance to his store has often been blocked by clusters of drug dealers plying their trade.

Anyone who has recently walked that direct route between the shopping district and Pike Place Market will know exactly what Yousuf is talking about.

Yes, problems at Third and Pine and other parts of town are the result of substance abuse, mental-health issues, poverty and other social problems that cannot be resolved simply by throwing people in jail. But, until we find ways to address all those challenges, we cannot ignore the crisis on our streets. Criminal behavior can be explained by economic and social inequities and failures, but it cannot be an excuse to do nothing.

The city streets belong to all of us, not just the few who want to claim those streets to do harm, either to themselves or to those around them.

Accompanying cartoon(nomination was for the statement):

WO-5 Ted Rall, 03/21/2022

quote:

What if Joe Biden were to admit to Vladimir Putin the obvious truth, that the United States is an expert in all the acts of villainy Russia is committing and accused of in Ukraine? What if he warned Russia that it would suffer the same loss of credibility United States has in criticizing Russia?

WO-6 Yuriy Zhuravel, 04/05/2022

WO-7 Mike Lester, 04/23/2022

WO-8 Gary McCoy, 05/04/2022

WO-9 Tom Stiglich, 05/09/2022

WO-10 Mike Lester, 05/09/2022

WO-11 Tom Stiglich, 05/10/2022

WO-12 Ted Rall, 05/11/2022

quote:

Wars Make Bad Badfellows Many Americans are skeptical about military support for Ukraine given that country’s dismal human rights record and autocratic political system. One might also wonder why any other country would want to get into a relationship with the United States.

WO-13
Al Goodwyn, 05/11/2022

WO-14 Yaakov Kirschen, 05/12/2022

WO-15 Mike Lester, 05/27/2022

WO-16 Gary Varvel, 05/31/2022

WO-17 Gary McCoy, 06/05/2022

WO-18 Jeff Danziger, 06/13/2022

WO-19 Steve Kelley, 06/27/2022

WO-20 Tom Stiglich, 07/15/2022

WO-21 Steve Kelley, 07/18/2022

WO-22 Tom Stiglich, 07/19/2022

WO-23 Gary Varvel, 09/05/2022

WO-24 Mike Beckom, 09/13/2022

WO-25 Tony Branco, 09/28/2022

quote:

Here’s The Difference: Our Constitutional Representative Republic is the Rule of Law. A Democracy is Mob Rule.

WO-26 Ben Garrison, 10/08/2022

quote:

HE DID NOT CHOSE WISELY…

— Ben Garrison

WO-27 Gary McCoy, 12/14/2022

WO-28 Bob Gorrell, 12/22/2022

WO-29 Gary McCoy, 12/30/2022

WO-30 Henry Payne, 12/30/2022

Best Overall

BO-1 David Pope, 03/23/2022

BO-2 Bianca Hsu, 04/12/2022

from https://www.theguardian.com/culture/2022/apr/12/doomed-duck-arts-cuts-themes-young-cartoonists-year

BO-3 Stan Kelley, 04/14/2022

BO-4 Matt Pritchett, 04/14/2022

BO-5 Marty Two Bulls, 04/15/2022

BO-6 Clay Jones, 04/21/2022

BO-7 Clay Jones, 05/10/2022

BO-8 John Shakespeare, 05/11/2022

BO-9 Lalo Alcaraz, 05/20/2022

BO-10 Marilena Nardi, 06/28/2022

BO-11 Clay Bennett, 07/07/2022

BO-12 Mike Luckovich, 07/16/2022

BO-13 Morten Morland, 08/11/2022

BO-14 Phil Hands, 09/11/2022

BO-15 Pat Bagley, 09/15/2022

BO-16 Seamus Jennings, 09/17/2022

quote:

Seamus Jennings on Britain’s national mourning period – Concerts, sporting fixtures and strikes have been cancelled following the death of Queen Elizabeth II, while heavy-handed policing of protesters has been criticised by rights groups

BO-17 GoutPatrol's student, 10/07/2022

BO-18 Ward Sutton, 10/21/2022

Herschel Squirts

BO-19 Badiucao, 11/20/2022

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Mar 7, 2023

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
A-8
AD-5
WQE-5
ANY-1
BG-3
BAS-4
BLGBT-4
BR-14
BT-12
C-35
CT-1
G-25
L-26
LG-1
LB-12
MI-7
OR-6
R-28
ROE-4
TG-12
UKR-3
WD-1
P-8
WO-8
BO-12

Going through the whole list first thing Monday morning is certainly a way to start a work week.

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
A-6
AD-4
WQE-4
ANY-2
BG-3
BAS-3
BLGBT-2
BR-5
BT-11
C-34
CT-1
G-19
L-20
LG-3
LB-27
MI-10
OR-4
R-46
ROE-5
TG-13
UKR-1
WD-2
P-34
WO-20
BO-12

Tevery Best
Oct 11, 2013

Hewlo Furriend
A-8. Utterly generic symbolism that covers up almost all of the actual subject makes this one exquisitely incomprehensible less than three months on.
AD-4. An absolutely disgusting example of using the insipid "two things happened" formula to exploit human suffering for cheap political heat.
WQE-4. The primitive art style and the entire joke revolves around a song that nobody younger than 50 has any awareness of.
ANY-2. I'm mostly surprised at how short this category is, considering Bennett makes one every six hours or so.
BG-3. In a duel between Garrison and Leak, whoever wins, we lose.
BAS-2. gently caress you, Ben. This one may not be the most pure antisemite cartoon in here, unlike Garrison's other offering, but simping for Putin angers me more than the garden variety Elders of Zion we get out of a dozen cartoonists every month.
BLGBT-1. When I saw the category name, I thought: "Do we need a separate category just for transphobia?" And then I saw the absolute utter loathing in this list and realised that yes, we do.
BR-14. I think at this rate we might need separate categories for anti-black, anti-Latino, anti-Muslim and anti-Chinese racism next year.
BT-2. I don't think I even want to comment on this one.
C-34. For once, I'm not going to vote for Danziger on this one, but that's because Kirschen doesn't do caricature most of the time.
CT-3. An outsider entrant! Summers doesn't get into this much, but this one I think is enough to steal Payne's thunder by the slimmest of margins. Bravo!
G-14. betrain those who insult Jezza
L-22. Bennett with a strong showing, but I think putting a speech bubble on a photograph is really a rare level of laziness. Especially considering it's Leunig, whose most effortful cartoons still look like he whipped them up in fifteen minutes, of which it took ten to send the scan to the colorist.
LG-1. gently caress, I only noticed the equatorial strip now. What a shitshow. (also, are LG-1 and LG-3 supposed to be identical?)
LB-27. It's the amount of effort he has to put into explaining his cartoon instead of just making a good cartoon.
MI-10. what
R-55, I guess? There's so many of them I completely lost track and I never really liked this category to be honest.
ROE-5. Yeah, that's the one.
TG-7. How rude of those activists to use an argument!
UKR-1. eat my entire rear end stiglich
WD-2. I find it funny how jealous Rall is of Spiegelman, even if I don't exactly have much love for Maus.
P-29. No contest.
WO-26. Zyklon Ben's incessant cheering for Russia's murderous invasion of Ukraine is the most heinous thing he's ever done as a cartoonist, bar none, and this is saying something considering who he is. This vote reflects that.
BO-11. I am shocked, but I actually have to give it to Bennett on this one. The composition, the expression, the colouring, the detail, hell, even the comic sans all work together here. This is a very well-crafted cartoon without a single speech bubble. Just goes to show that he can do it when inspiration strikes.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
A-3
AD-5
WQE-3
ANY-2
BG-2
BAS-3
BLGBT-4
BR-6
BT-9
C-3
CT-3
G-22
L-2
LG-3
LB-10
MI-15
OR-3
R-7
ROE-2
TG-7
UKR-2
WD-1
P-20
WO-2
BO-2

Rebel Blob
Mar 1, 2008

Extinction for our time

I few things I noticed, the "Worst Queen Elizabeth Cartoon" category doesn't have a title, it just starts immediately after the "Worst Two Things Happened," LG-1 and LG-3 in the "Laziest Gorrell" are the same cartoon, and BO-3 isn't properly linked so the image doesn't show up. Not a criticism, only a few errors for just how much there is to sort through. I would have done a much worse job if I had tried.

A-6 - A mean-spirited joke that uses domestic abuse as a punchline
AD-5 - Not only lazy, but has to explain itself
WQE-5 - Not even a memorial, just a call out for not enough performative grieving
ANY-3 - All the entries here are interchangeable, but this one is also ugly
BG-3 - Proudly racist and xenophobic
BAS-3 - Just have to give your greedy Zelensky caricature an enormous hooked nose
BLGBT-7 - Some classic gay-bashing about spreading disease
BR-7 - Branco's Mexicans are drawn as Neanderthals
BT-11 - Targeting someone specifically as freakish because of their body
C-8 - This is mild by its hateful competition, but approaches the limits of what is recognizably a drawing of a human
CT-3 - The tired argument that everything except guns is responsible for gun violence
G-26 - Lester, you absolute gently caress, you know perfectly well that birth control is under attack
L-25 - The peak of laziness is adding words balloons to a photograph
LG-1 - Couldn't even be bothered to find a picture at a decent resolution or color inside the line
LB-26 - Just make Brittney Griner 9 feet tall so you have enough room for your label
MI-10 - Completely loving up your attempt at a visual metaphor
OR-10 - Even die-hard anti-vaxxers must see that there hasn't been a mass death among the vaccinated
R-17 - Without Garrison's statement, I would have said there is no way this is a positive cartoon about Musk
ROE-3 - An obnoxious combination of using an online meme and denying reality
TG-7 - Preemptively declaring that using a gun massacre as evidence against guns is unfair
UKR-4 - Good old Rall, can't have a discussion on anything that doesn't get back to his favorite subject
WD-2 - Another Rall! Such sour grapes, dubiously using the topic of censorship to call Speigelman a sellout
P-27 - Truly the Queen Elizabeth tribute we needed
WO-14 - The sheer glee Kirschen takes in the death of this one Palestinian woman, while also insulting her life's work
BO-1 - A well-executed visual metaphor that is drawn well? I'm not sure this is allowed in the field of political cartooning

Rebel Blob fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Mar 6, 2023

L. Ron DeSantis
Nov 10, 2009

BO-3 is missing, or possibly isn't loading for me.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Thanks for the headsup, I’ll fix those this evening. So far I’m glad it’s working better than last year’s crop!

edit: All should now be fixed. LG-3 was an accidental duplicative nomination, so any votes for LG-3 will be counted for LG-1.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Mar 7, 2023

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

Worst "A Thing Happened": A-6
Worst "Two Things Happened": AD-5
Worst Queen Elizabeth Cartoon: WQE-1
Most Any Day Now: ANY-2
Least Concealed Bigotry (General): BG-3
Least Concealed Bigotry (Antisemitism): BAS-2
Least Concealed Bigotry (Non-Trans LGBTQ+): BLGBT-6
Least Concealed Bigotry (Race): BR-6
Least Concealed Bigotry (Transphobia): BT-11
Worst Caricature: C-8
Worst Concern Trolling: CT-2
Worst Gaslighting: G-22
Laziest Non-Gorrell: L-19
Laziest Gorrell: LG-1
Worst Label: LB-8 | If a comic makes me laugh, it gets my vote, simple as.
Most Incomprehensible: MI-2
Most Opposite of Reality: OR-10 | The Nazi overtones really put this one over the top.
Most Easily Reinterpreted: R-26 | See Worst Label; can't stop laughing at Frodo.
Worst Roe Cartoon: ROE-5
Worst Cartoon About a Tragedy: TG-10
Worst Cartoon About Ukraine: UKR-3
Most Willfully Dense: WD-2
Best Edit/Parody: P-8 | Really close between this, 17, and 34
Worst Overall: WO-14 | Worst opinion, worst sentiment, worst art. It's truly unbelievable how bad this is. And 18, 21, and 22 are the runners-up. (The Gorrell I nominated is still eye-searingly ugly.)
Best Overall: BO-11 | Slightly edging out 5 and 13; I guess I favor its simplicity and brutality. I do love Marty Two Bulls' composition and technical mastery, and the When the Wind Blows parody is effective as both political commentary and tribute to an artist who has passed.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Worst A Thing Happened: A2
Worst Two Things Happened: AD-5.
Worst Queen Elizabeth Cartoon: WQE-3
Least Concealed Bigotry (General): BG-2
Least Concealed Bigotry (Antisemitism): BAS-4
Least Concealed Bigotry (LGBTQ+ other than pure transphobia): BLGBT-11
Least Concealed Bigotry (Race): BR-8
Worst Caricature: C-16
Worst Concern Trolling: CT-2
Worst Gaslighting: G-3
Laziest Non-Gorrell: L6; there's a lot of cartoons that were individually lazier, but that entire arc wins the day.
Laziest Gorrell: LG-1 by a mile.
Worst label: LB-4
Most incomprehensible: MI-11
Most opposite of reality: OR-8
Most Easily Reinterpreted: R-11
Worst cartoon about a tragedy: TG-5
Worst Cartoon about Ukraine: UKR-3
Most Willfully Dense: WD-1
Best Edit/Parody: Abstaining because I'm in this category.
Worst Overall: WO-18
Best Overall: BO-7

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.
A 4
AD 4
WQE 2
ANY 1
BG 3
BAS 4
BLGBT 7
BR 7
BT 3
C 15 How are all these cartoonists this bad at art?
G 1
LG 1
LB 6
MU 15
OR 3
R 17
ROE 4
TG 12
UKR 3
WD 1
P 14
WO 24
BO 3

Rampant Dwickery
Nov 12, 2011

Comfy and cozy.
A-8
AD-4, though 5 gets dishonorable mention
WQE-5
ANY-1
BG-2
BAS-4, though it feels Garrison amd Ramirez both have a lifetime achievement award in here somewhere
BLGBT-4, though holy poo poo this is an unholy cesspit of competition
BR-8 holy poo poo get hosed, McCoy and holy poo poo what another cesspool
B8-18 right wing "cartoonists" are a blight upon this earth
C-34 I was originally going to go with the clownshow of :effort: that's 11 but wow
CT-1
C-26 but MAN 23 is right there
L-15 MCCOY SWEEPING! ALL! THE CATEGORIES!
LG-2
LB-9, though 13 could have been an L- entry of its own now that I see it
MI-13
OR-8 holy poo poo this one is just straight nuts
R-4
ROE-5. Wanted to vote for this one earlier in BR, but, y'know, McCoy.
TG-13
UKR-2. The gently caress?
WD-2
P-7
WO-18. Holy poo poo.
BO-15

.Edward Penischin
Jun 5, 2008

A-6
AD-2
WQE-2
ANY-3
BG-2
BAS-4
BLGBT-7
BR-6
BT-9
C-34
CT-2
G-1
L-14
LG-2
LB-15
MI-1
OR-4
R-38
ROE-5
TG-4
UKR-1
WD-1
P-34
WO-14
BO-14

twerking on the railroad
Jun 23, 2007

Get on my level
A-8 Steven Benson, 12/12/2022

Extremely WTF

AD-5 Joe Heller, 06/21/2022
WQE-4 Clay Jones, 09/12/2022
ANY-1 Clay Bennett, 01/22/2022

This one wins because it sort of illustrates what's actually happened: the dogs get him up a tree but end up having to abandon him due to practical concerns

BG-2 Tina Toon, 10/15/2022
BAS-5 Michael Ramirez, 12/24/2022
BLGBT-7 Pat Cross, 08/04/2022
BR-7 Tony Branco, 09/14/2022
BT-9 Tina Toon, 05/07/2022
C-34 Yaakov Kirschen, 11/16/2022

Some impressive choices, but Kirschen's baffling refusal to learn how to draw wins the day

G-23 Lisa Benson, 06/23/2022

Gunn, Tiller, etc. Would beg to differ

L-22 Michael Leunig, 08/26/2022

Bennett was pretty lazy, but most of those actually involved drawing at least

LG-2 Bob Gorrell, 06/10/2022

LB-27 Michael Ramirez, 08/15/2022

MI-10 Mike Lester, 05/21/2022

OR-10 Ben Garrison, 09/23/2022

R-5 Chip Bok, 01/12/2022

TG-9 Chip Bok, 05/28/2022

gently caress yourself Bok

ROE-4 Tony Branco, 07/01/2022

TG-12 Gary McCoy, 06/01/2022

UKR-4 Ted Rall, 05/11/2022

I could have sworn there were worse Ralltoons about Ukraine, but this is the worst of the nominations

WD-2 Ted Rall, 02/07/2022

Todd Rul knows willfully dense

P-12 Hihohe, 06/26/2022

Holy whoa that's a good collection of parodies. I admittedly didn't take the funniest one, but wow.

WO-26 Ben Garrison, 10/08/2022

This comic has it all, support for imperialism and invasion, antisemitism, willful density (lol if you think there was a serious offer for peace talks), bad caricatures, the works!

Truly Kelley is shelter from the storm.

Kevino07
Oct 16, 2008
A-4
AD-3
WQE-5
ANY-2
BG-1
BAS-4
BLGBT-7
BR-5
BT-11
C-19
CT-3
G-4
L-15
LG-1
LB-5
MI-11
OR-10
R-12
ROE-5
TG-13
UKR-1
WD-1
P-10
WO-14
BO-11

Barrel Cactaur
Oct 6, 2021

Worst a Thing Happened: A-1 We tried nothing and are unwilling to try other ideas. Now how are you going to fix this without me having to change anything? Go to hell Ramirez

Worst two Things Happened: AD-4 I dont hear anything but my dog just went crazy

Worst Queen Elizabeth Cartoon: WQE-3 though i suspect i would vote 5 if i could be assed to look at the context

Most Any Day Now ANY-1 best represents the situation.

Least Concealed Bigotry(General) BG-2 this might just huff the most :freep: farts possible without slipping into a coma

Least Concealed Bigotry(Antisemitism) BAS-5 straight up sketching nazi propaganda for this

Least Concealed Bigotry(LGBTQ+ other than pure transphobia) BLGBT-5 i think this hits basically all the highlights.

Least Concealed Bigotry (Race) BR-5 for being possibly the most tone deaf self own ever.

Least Concealed Bigotry(Transphobia) BT-6 at some point you have to know what your doing is over the top bullshit to make THIS but power through it for the grift anyway

Worst Caricature C-31once again a lifetime achievement award for right wing conspiracy farts huffed in under 24 hours

Worst Concern Trolling CT-2 You are trying to fight Disney on hearts and minds, please continue to try and punch them instead of people with no money

Worst Gaslighting G-15 One of these sides attempted a putch. guess which! 8 does.. does fishman have a point? no, that's impossible. This was a competitive category this year, good to see domestic gas production can replace Russian supply.

Laziest Non-Gorrell L-15 Made with MS word 2000

Laziest Gorrell LG-1 Truly the world is half full of piss and this explains Ukraine. Surely a comic for the ages. Context isnt required for politics.

Worst Label LB-17 It would have been such an easy win to just label it student loan or student loan debt but you had to crush them with the solution.

Most Incomprehensible MI-10 Mike Lester has taken the woke leftist position that all automotive consumption is unethical and supports bikes *man whispers in ear* I have been told that actually this was an attempt to argue something else entirely.

Most Opposite of Reality OR-10 Excess death numbers show its the other thing.

Most Easily Reinterpreted R-4 cops shoot anti cop city protestor in tent. no wrongdoing found in internal investigation.

Worst Roe Cartoon ROE-3 the only rights you get are the ones explicitly layed out, we get to use ours to crush yours honey.

Worst Cartoon about a Tragedy TG-8 We cant think of a good way to spin this for our gain, so were just going to say using tragedy for political gain is gross after only 5000 years of precedent.

Worst Cartoon about Ukraine UKR-1 Dogs barking again

Most Willfully Dense WD-2 continued failure to understand the difference between political interference in education and private free speech choices.

Best Edit/Parody p-12 its just too easy

Worst Overall WO-20 ooof

Best Overall BO-8 a good long term one that's probably going to hold up forever

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

A-6
AD-4
WQE-1
ANY-1
BG-1
BAS-4
BLGBT-11
BR-8
BT-11
C-31
CT-1
G-8
L-25
LG-1
LB-25
MI-21
OR-10
R-5
ROE-2
TG-3
UKR-1
WD-2
P-34 I couldn't justify voting for myself but thanks whoever nominated me
WO-6
B0-2

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

A-6
AD-4
WQE-5
ANY-2
BG-3
BAS-2
BLGBT-7
BR-8
BT-11
C-31
CT-3
G-9
L-25
LG-1
LB-15
MI-15
OR-10
R-17
ROE-1
TG-7
UKR-3
WD-2
P-14
WO-22
BO-6

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
A-2 - just a terribly done cartoon, two people in a void talking about things, and the joke is incredibly stupid anyway; it's not short enough to be realistic or long enough to be absurd
AD-4 - The War in Ukraine, basically just like living in a city in the US, managing to be offensive to everyone all at once. This achievement deserves recognition.
WQE-2 - Every part of this cartoon is as stupid as possible. Just, honestly, what is even the point here? Why would you draw this?
ANY-3 - All three of these nominees are about the same except that this one had the worst art.
BG-2 - Every time I look at this one, I just hear screaming in my head. The screaming does not end.
BAS-2 - I know it isn't strictly related to the category, but the Putin Peace Dove just drives this one over the edge for me (and off of the cliff, plummeting to the ground in flames, with no survivors)
BLGBT-6 - All the other grooming cartoons at least make some vague effort at suggesting that not ALL LGBTQIA individuals are groomers; this one just flat-out loving says they all are.
BR-8 - All of these are awful but this caricature is just something else
BT-6 - Just The One Joke, nothing else to distract us like actually depicting anything in the comic at all apart from a single talking head with a bunch of text
C-22 - Sometimes I wonder what has gone wrong with my life that resulted in me spending so much time looking at these cartoons.
CT-3 - But not a penny for health care
G-18 - Just a big boring collection of things that we're pissed off about and that's what's wrong with America. Extra points for including "godlessness".
L-22 - A man was paid to do this.
LG-2 - Even the globe probably involved a little effort.
LB-13 - God dammit, Bennett.
MI-2 - "The holocaust wasn't about race. What an incredibly horrible thing to say! Here is another thing that wasn't about race, except this thing actually isn't about race and therefore... I'm sleepy. Where's my paycheck?"
OR-9 - I like this one because they probably all had their cartoons drawn in advance, and just published them anyway when this completely failed to happen.
R-32 - It's hard to argue with Clarence Thomas driving us straight to government tyranny.
ROE-3 - What a mess of a cartoon, plus strong opposite-of-reality energy
TG-13 - Yeah because a teacher mentioning being gay is as bad as everyone being shot; there is not a gently caress you big enough (honorable mention to TG11: just gotta surgically extract all teenagers' skulls)
UKR-1 - Yep, it's still really bad.
WD-2 - A publisher not thinking something will make money is literally the same as a school forbidding teachers from using a work in class; galaxy-brain stuff here.
P-8 - Just nailed this; completely accurate summary of the man's entire oeuvre.
WO-26 - A really tough choice, but I want to give it to good old ZB because he's really put in the hours this year. He earned this.
BO-3 - Simultaneously making me laugh and want to throw up; a truly novel sensation.

Sailor Jerry
May 28, 2013
Pillbug
A-6 - Chasing a headline in the most tactless way
AD-4 - Philly isn't a war zone, no matter how much you want it to be Tom
WQE-4 - I prefer the cover version: Her majesty's living in a land of curtsies; A world of bluish blood and Nazis https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2d4FD9SRww
ANY-2 - A catchy phrase does not a conviction make
BG-3 - wow...just wow
BAS-3 - Seriously, Zelenskyy's nose isn't that big
BLGBT-5 - The toughest category this year in my opinion, but Lester is a master of hating queer folk.
BR-6 - *sigh*
BT-15 - Transphobia isn't simply the portrayal of trans people in these cartoons but of the cultural implications of accepting trans folk. This isn't reality and has never ever happened in the way Gary wants it to to justify his views.
C-22 - I'm not sure that depiction is even human! What the hell?
CT-1 - Lester is just following marching orders. He never cared about this stuff a few years ago.
G-1 - That's literally what it means!
L-22 - I have a thing against just using photos and literally putting words in politician's mouths. It's a sign you can't draw the person coherently.
LG-1 - Wow you can actually see the overcoverage of the yellow he used on the right side of the earth. Absolutely lazy.
LB-10 - So nice you labeled it twice.
MI-14 - I have no idea what he so upset about. Honestly, I can't tell.
OR-10 - Based on his age, Ben is at minimum vaccinated against smallpox.
R-5 - Why yes, the GOP are domestic terrorists (or at least promote them).
ROE-5 - The false equivalence just makes this so much worse.
TG-2 - In March 2022, nearly 4000 civilians were killed in Ukraine due to the war. Only 100 folks doesn't measure up, Tom.
UKR-4 - Your paycheck is showing, Ted.
WD-1 - I'm sitting in the American Midwest and it was 70F in February and now it's snowing while our nearby river almost crested its levees. Sounds pretty threatening to me.
P-34 - The Onion has a grip on the throat of the nation, and I couldn't be happier.
WO-18 - Bad enough that Stan Kelly made fun of it. Just absolutely tasteless.
BO-3 - Stan Kelly is a master of the art. Easily recognizable politicians and a clear if sardonic message. I think about this cartoon often.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

A-8

AD-4

WQE-5

ANY-1

BG-1

BAS-3

BLGBT-7

BR-6

BR-14

BT-17

C-33

CT-2

G-28

L-24

LG-1

LB-28

MI-16

OR-9

R-17

ROE-3

TG-1

UKR-3

P-8

WO-18

BO-11

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

Okay actually finished up my votes and comments! If the format I've done this in messes with something, let me know.

Worst a Thing Happened: A-3
Low effort, and just "gas expensive!" Oh, Bennett. You used to be so much better than this (and, well, given that he's also got one 'toon in the Best Overall category, shows that he HAS still got it...).

Worst two Things Happened: AD-5
If you gotta overexplain your reference like that, maybe just... maybe just don't.

Worst Queen Elizabeth Obituary: WQE-3
For the absolute sheer laziness of it. Couldn't even be arsed to put any more colour on there, or even include her birth and death years.

Close between the two Bennetts. But the first one at least has some kind of grounding in reality.

Least Concealed Bigotry (General): BG-1
What the gently caress even are these caricatures

Least Concealed Bigotry (Antisemitism): BAS-3
Yeah, that's... that's pretty blatant. The bloody hand Garrison was a contender, but felt less overt about it.

Least Concealed Bigotry (LGBTQ+): BLGBT-2
Good god this loving category. Changed my mind at least twice. But I gotta give this gently caress you to Pat Cross, who won't be missed.

Least Concealed Bigotry (Race): BR-7
This category too. I just. Had multiple options but Branco took it in the end.

Oh my loving god. Stiglich barely edges out Skelley's 2, since that one did not have a hateful caricature on it.

Worst Caricature: C-22
Almost voted for Rall's AOC, but okay, yeah, you know what, this one is worst in multiple senses of the word.

Worst Concern Trolling: CT-3
Oh gently caress off with "video games" and "TV"

Worst Gaslighting: G-18
Yeah basically literally the same thing I said for the last one, with the added stupidity of "WOKE" in the mix.

Laziest Non-Gorrell: L-12
For the double whammy of copy-pasting the same panel three times and not really saying much.

Laziest Gorrell: LG-1
Gorrell managed to "A thing happened" the loving war in Ukraine, and did so with an artifacted Earth half full of piss. This is advanced levels of not caring.

Worst Label: LB-10
Just edging out the red ink gorrell for the double "War crimes".

Most Incomprehensible: MI-3

Most Opposite of Reality: OR-10
Citation loving needed

Most Easily Reinterpreted: R-7
I don't know how you're supposed to read this in any way other than "Republicans still think that's actually possible."

Oh gently caress all the way off with that.

Worst Cartoon about a Tragedy: TG-5
So, Branco, what do you suggest we do to prevent it happening again?

Worst Cartoon about Ukraine: UKR-3
Couldn't even be arsed to clean up Carmen's outline. Really shows you care about Ukraine.

Most Willfully Dense: WD-1
I don't even have much to say about this more than that I hate it.

Best Edit/Parody: P-8
It's beautiful and more profound than anything the actual Leunig has managed to produce since he started being posted.

Worst Overall: WO-21
So, yeah. Had it in the Roe category as well. But good loving god the level of hatred against so many kinds of people here. ""Only those dirty immigrants rape so if we get rid of all of them women won't need reproductive rights" - A woman" - A man. So congratulations, Skelley, you get this one.

Best Overall: BO-12
This one's just so incredibly effective with how at first you don't really notice anything out of the ordinary, and then comes the gut punch. 7 was a very close second, and a honourable mention has to go to 18.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No.1 Special
Apr 4, 2011
Worst a Thing Happened: A - 6; Gross
Worst two Things Happened: AD - 4
Worst Queen Elizabeth Cartoon: WQE - 4
Most Any Day Now: ANY - 2
Least Concealed Bigotry(General): BG - 3
Least Concealed Bigotry(Antisemitism): BAS - 4
Least Concealed Bigotry(LGBTQ+ other than pure transphobia): BLGBT - 5 loving Gross
Least Concealed Bigotry (Race): BR - 8; This was difficult
Least Concealed Bigotry(Transphobia): BT - 11; loving nightmare nominees. Holy poo poo
Worst Caricature: C - 31; Ties with 22 for being most needlessly cruel
Worst Concern Trolling: CT - 3
Worst Gaslighting: G - 15; This was difficult too
Laziest Non-Gorrell: L - 25
Laziest Gorrell: LG - 1; What a hack.
Worst Label: LB - 10
Most Incomprehensible: MI - 11
Most Opposite of Reality: OR - 10; "Purebloods" gently caress off
Most Easily Reinterpreted: R - 12
Worst Roe Cartoon: ROE - 5; Had to throw in that extra dash of racism
Worst Cartoon about a Tragedy: TG - 9; Even though 13 and 10 were close
Worst Cartoon about Ukraine: UKR - 1; Though what the gently caress is up with the Looney Tunes poo poo in 2?
Most Willfully Dense: WD - 1; Tornado wiped two towns of the map in Mississipi last night but sure. Whatever you say. Also special gently caress you to WD-3 for using a lynching to smear someone.
Best Edit/Parody: P - 12; Shout out to Exodia. 22 was good too
Worst Overall: WO - 20; A lot of horrible hateful poo poo but this one got to me the most.
Best Overall: BO - 12; This one was loving hard. Kelly had two masterpieces, Bennett of all people came in at the clutch, Morland's was inspired. Pope, Two Bulls, Alcaraz, Jones, Shakespeare all did good work. It's just the insidiousness of Luckovich's is perfect. When you finally see it it crushes you.