Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
What good are states? To hell with them, just make all the local politicians federal ones f call it a day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

some states actually provide services for the taxes you pay into them

not mine but i assume theres at least one

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
Make that the only state then

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
We’re all Californians now

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

im suddenly very thirsty

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
One nation, under God, pretty divisivible really. At least 50 bits.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Yeah give way more power to bigger government more distant from each state, that'll be sure to fix local issues.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Why even unite the states?

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
I definitely think you should just have three states, slack hipsters on the west coast, edgy hipsters on the east coast, and redneck hipsters in the south.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

BigBadSteve posted:

Yeah give way more power to bigger government more distant from each state, that'll be sure to fix local issues.

The local governments are the ones mostly causing the local issues, so, unironically, yeah

Dick Jones
Jun 20, 2002

Number 2 Guy at OCP

Sounds good to me. Just relocate the White House, Congress, and the Supreme Court to Lincoln, NE. DC gets reabsorbed into Maryland.

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

Agree. Eliminate all of them. Physically eliminated. Just smoking holes left.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Yeah nuke 'em

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

americans talk about living in different states like they're living in different countries, get rid of all the states and make them realise they're all just a bunch of boring americans anyway

Wee
Dec 16, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
It would devolve into civil war pretty fast.

At least the rest of the world would be free of the US for a while.

Do it.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

Caesar Saladin posted:

americans talk about living in different states like they're living in different countries, get rid of all the states and make them realise they're all just a bunch of boring americans anyway

Europe just straight up calls itself different countries, they don't even bother with the "state" courtesy. Make Europe one country and we'll get rid of our silly state borders. I have all the necessary paperwork right here.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

The United State of Minnesota has a nice ring to it

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Devils Affricate posted:

Europe just straight up calls itself different countries, they don't even bother with the "state" courtesy. Make Europe one country and we'll get rid of our silly state borders. I have all the necessary paperwork right here.

europe got different languages and poo poo, americas states act like different countries because they call sandwiches different things

Wee
Dec 16, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
It would be called AMERICA in all capitals and the flag would be like a red white and blue version of Mozambiques, except the book would be a bible, the ho would be an actual Ho. And the AK would be an AR.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

Caesar Saladin posted:

europe got different languages and poo poo, americas states act like different countries because they call sandwiches different things

Everyone in Europe speaks English. They have other languages that people speak when they're feeling folksy and exclusive, but the same is true for America. We just don't bitch about it as much because we're less French.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

the poo-shite-ed states of lame-erica

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Just let Texas and Florida secede like they’re always threatening to and put the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico in their place. Hell, throw Guam in there, as well.

Bing bang BOOM the United States just got a smidgen better.

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

It certainly would make my job easier. Having to get an insurance license for every loving state is horse poo poo.

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Devils Affricate posted:

Everyone in Europe speaks English.

Lol no.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
They should make more states, split them to have 100. One senator each.

You'd have to do it by population, so California would become about 20 states.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Done.

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

make california, oregon, washington and BC, Pacifica again (some people call it cascadia, but pacifica is better)

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Buce posted:

make california, oregon, washington and BC, Pacifica again (some people call it cascadia, but pacifica is better)

Some people are trying to make “New California” with basically every county except, LA, Sacramento and a few bay area counties. I think there’s another group trying to expand Idaho to include northern california and eastern Oregon.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
I been saying this for a few years now.

I also like the idea of experialism. IE ceding Texas back to Mexico.

Lt. Cock
May 28, 2005

INCOMING!

Caesar Saladin posted:

It’s called a hoagie damnit

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
it's a sub!

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
i'll kill you!

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

N. Senada posted:

We’re all Californians now

its all like that old The Californians sketch where they are all just naming off the freeways only its some chode from like wyoming or a dakota or some other poo poo rear end state that probably only has 1 road going through the whole thing repeating it over and over could you imagine lol

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

kntfkr posted:

I been saying this for a few years now.

I also like the idea of experialism. IE ceding Texas back to Mexico.

Can we cede Florida first

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

shorten the name to just "America", as God intended

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Toxic Mental posted:

Can we cede Florida first

You mean New Cuba?

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
Country name should be Big Macistan.

I wanna be Big Macistani.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

they do. sometimes you have to coax the english out of them begrudgingly, but they all speak it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

istewart
Apr 13, 2005

Still contemplating why I didn't register here under a clever pseudonym

N. Senada posted:

What good are states? To hell with them, just make all the local politicians federal ones f call it a day.

All the local politicians are only in it to become federal politicians, why give them a free promotion