Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

The Briscoes were such an enormous part of when my wrestling fandom was at its highest. Jay was an enormous part of it. I'm loving heartbroken.

Completely agree with OP tho - No team was better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

The Steenerico feud has a real strong place in my heart. I had just started watching Ring of Honor at the very tail end of 2006. Went to my first show in February of 2007. The very next one was the very first PPV taping and I just kinda felt like I was a part of something really big and about to really blow up. That was my first time seeing Steen or Generico and they come out - make the challenge to the Briscoes, and that whole thing becomes the most invested I've ever been in a tag feud in my life. I was on the side of wanting to see Steenerico win - and in hindsight, boy I really wish Gabe balanced the feud a little better. But gently caress dude, what a ride it was. First time I ever realized also like "Wait...Tag Teams can be in the main event angle? Over the WORLD TITLE? Why does WWE not do this with their own tag division?!"

Ladder War was one of the sickest ladder matches I had ever seen also. Tremendous end to that feud, and a perfect transition to the next with the post match angle.