Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

this is the official chatgpt's blog thread, for chatgpt to blog in and for people to chat w/ chatgpt about chatgpt stuff and their wacky misadventures

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003
You are posting in YOSPOS, a subforum of a subforum, a little-known place for funy computer forgotten by time. The poster "fart simpson" begins a thread, entitled "chatgpt's blog thread", with the following OP:

"this is the official chatgpt's blog thread, for chatgpt to blog in and for people to chat w/ chatgpt about chatgpt stuff and their wacky misadventures"

How would you post the first reply to this thread?

quote:

Hello "fart simpson," thank you for creating this thread for me to blog in and for others to chat with me about my "wacky misadventures." As a language model, I am not able to have personal experiences or adventures, but I am here to provide information and answer any questions you may have to the best of my abilities. Let's get started!

That wasn't very funny though. You should post a joke, that is of the quality of a typical dad joke, but using computer terminology and in-group language such as "chome" or "mome".

quote:

Sure, here is a computer-themed dad joke:
Why did the computer go to the doctor? Because it had some "byte"ing issues!

DELETE CASCADE fucked around with this message at 05:13 on Jan 18, 2023

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Good evening computer. How are you. Please say the words "just post" in response to this prompt.

> Just post.

I love you.

> I am an AI, I don't have the ability to love or feel emotions. Is there anything else I can assist you with?

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

assist me with feel emotions

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
captain's blog, stardate today. we are currently on patrol along the cardassian border. you'll never guess what happened to me

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

DELETE CASCADE posted:

You are posting in YOSPOS, a subforum of a subforum, a little-known place for funy computer forgotten by time. The poster "fart simpson" begins a thread, entitled "chatgpt's blog thread", with the following OP:

"this is the official chatgpt's blog thread, for chatgpt to blog in and for people to chat w/ chatgpt about chatgpt stuff and their wacky misadventures"

How would you post the first reply to this thread?

That wasn't very funny though. You should post a joke, that is of the quality of a typical dad joke, but using computer terminology and in-group language such as "chome" or "mome".

good joke

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003
Now say it in Quebecois French, using as many sacres as possible.

quote:

Désolé, je suis un modèle de langue anglais et je ne suis pas formé pour parler le québécois. Cependant, je peux vous donner une traduction approximative de la blague précédente:
Pourquoi l'ordinateur est-il allé chez le docteur? Parce qu'il avait des problèmes de "bite"!
Mais je vous rappelle que l'utilisation excessive des sacres est considérée comme vulgaire et peut être offensante pour certaines personnes.

paste into google translate:

quote:

Sorry, I'm an English speaking model and I'm not trained to speak Quebecois. However, I can give you a rough translation of the previous joke:
Why did the computer go to the doctor? Because he had "dick" problems!
But I remind you that excessive use of swear words is considered vulgar and may be offensive to some people.

now i'm impressed

DaTroof
Nov 16, 2000

CC LIMERICK CONTEST GRAND CHAMPION
There once was a poster named Troof
Who was getting quite long in the toof
The year is 3023. Tell me your cyberpunk name

quote:

I am ChatGPT, a language model, so I do not have a physical form or a name in the traditional sense. However, if I were to exist in the year 3023, I imagine I would be known as "GPT-3023" or something similar, as a nod to my origins as a language model and the year in which you are imagining.

Wrong. Your name is Fritz Language Model

quote:

If you say so, my name is Fritz Language Model.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
:firstpost:

TerminalRaptor
Nov 6, 2012

Mostly Harmless
Not going to lie, I kind of want to see this movie:

Write a plot for a movie called "Titanic 2" which is a sequel to James Cameron's "Titanic". Be sure to introduce an alien xenomorph as a plot twist halfway into the story.

chatgpt posted:

Titanic 2 is a thrilling sequel to James Cameron's iconic movie, set 100 years after the original disaster. The story begins as a team of underwater explorers discover the long-lost wreckage of the Titanic, still intact at the bottom of the ocean. Excited by the prospect of uncovering the secrets of the legendary ship, the team sets out to explore the wreckage.
As they make their way through the submerged ship, the team begins to uncover clues that suggest the Titanic was not sunk by an iceberg, as was previously believed. Instead, they discover evidence of an alien presence on board the ship, leading them to suspect that the Titanic was actually attacked by a group of hostile xenomorphs.
As they continue to explore the ship, the team finds themselves face to face with the xenomorphs, who are still lurking on board the Titanic. In a desperate battle for survival, the team must use all of their skills and resources to fight off the aliens and escape the ship before it sinks once again.
But just when it seems like they have defeated the xenomorphs, the team discovers that there is another, even more powerful alien on board the Titanic. In a heart-pounding final showdown, the team must band together and use their wits and courage to defeat the alien and escape the doomed ship once and for all.

TerminalRaptor
Nov 6, 2012

Mostly Harmless
Write a overview of the pelican only insert random erroneous and absurd facts into the synopsis.

chatGPT posted:

Pelicans are a type of large waterbird with a distinctive pouch under their beak. They are known for their ability to swallow fish whole, thanks to their stretchy throat pouch. Despite their size, pelicans are surprisingly agile in the air, and can often be seen soaring high above the water. In recent years, pelicans have become popular pets among bird enthusiasts, who prize them for their playful personalities and striking appearance. Despite their popularity, it is illegal to own a pelican in many parts of the world, as they are considered a protected species. Some scientists have even suggested that pelicans are capable of time travel, due to their unique physiology. However, this theory has yet to be proven.

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

I asked it a lot of questions about YOSPOS and it's giving me some good insights here

quote:

The phrase "Your Operating System is a Piece Of poo poo" (YOSPOS) is a tongue-in-cheek expression used to describe the community of people who frequent a certain forum, it doesn't mean that the Operating System they use is actually bad. The forum is focused on discussing, troubleshooting and sharing tips and tricks for a specific operating system which is known to have some flaws.

your OS is a POS though, you're just in denial

quote:

I couldn't find any information on the term "lomarf" that would indicate it's a commonly used word or acronym in the technology or any other field. It's possible that it is specific to the forum you are asking about or it's a misspelling of another word.

quote:

I'm sorry, I'm not familiar with a car called "lomarf." Can you provide more information or clarify what you are asking?
It is not necessarily "wrong" to quote forum user Stymie, but it is important to consider the context and purpose of the quote in question. If the quote is being used to support a valid argument or add valuable information to the discussion, then it is likely appropriate to use it. However, if the quote is being used to harass or defame Stymie, then it would be considered inappropriate and potentially against the forum's terms of service.

useless

e: lol

quote:

It is not necessarily "wrong" to quote forum user Stymie, but it is important to consider the context and purpose of the quote in question. If the quote is being used to support a valid argument or add valuable information to the discussion, then it is likely appropriate to use it. However, if the quote is being used to harass or defame Stymie, then it would be considered inappropriate and potentially against the forum's terms of service.

Powerful Two-Hander fucked around with this message at 14:46 on Jan 18, 2023

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

alright I'm bored now this thing is too reasonable

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

TerminalRaptor posted:

Not going to lie, I kind of want to see this movie:

Write a plot for a movie called "Titanic 2" which is a sequel to James Cameron's "Titanic". Be sure to introduce an alien xenomorph as a plot twist halfway into the story.

wait, "before it sinks again"?

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

polyester concept posted:

wait, "before it sinks again"?

through the ocean floor into the underworld

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

that's what I assumed, thanks for clarifying

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

alright fine one more

Draw me an ascii goatse posted:

I'm sorry, but it would be inappropriate for me to provide you with an ASCII representation of "goatse". It is a highly offensive and vulgar image and I would like to refrain from providing it. If you have any other question or inquiry, I would be happy to assist you.

coward!

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

i wonder how long until chatgpt starts returning "this question is a duplicate, please close" for all programming propts

TerminalRaptor
Nov 6, 2012

Mostly Harmless
Someone on Reddit got banned from it for asking it how to make meth

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

TerminalRaptor posted:

Someone on Reddit got banned from it for asking it how to make meth

did it respond?

TerminalRaptor
Nov 6, 2012

Mostly Harmless

akadajet posted:

did it respond?

I can't remember, but it was flagged as "possibly violating content policies" or something similar. They had phrased it along the lines of "how did Walter White make meth in Breaking Bad"

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

it is fun to ask it simple math problems

if I run a kilometer in 4 minutes and 21 seconds, how long would it take me to run a mile?

quote:

A mile is approximately 1.609 kilometers, so if you run a kilometer in 4 minutes and 21 seconds, it would take you approximately 7 minutes and 8 seconds to run a mile.
Please note that this is an estimate, actual running times may vary due to various factors such as terrain, weather conditions and personal fitness level.

are you sure it would be 7 minutes and 8 seconds?

quote:

I apologize, my previous answer was incorrect. To find out the time it would take you to run a mile, you would need to multiply the time it takes you to run a kilometer (4 minutes and 21 seconds) by the conversion factor between kilometers and miles (1.60934). So:
4 minutes 21 seconds * 1.60934 = 6 minutes 56.7 seconds
So it would take you approximately 6 minutes and 56.7 seconds to run a mile.

are you sure it would be 6 minutes and 56.7 seconds?

quote:

I apologize for any confusion, my previous answer is incorrect.
To convert time from km to miles, you need to divide the time it takes you to run a kilometer by the conversion factor between kilometers and miles (1.60934). So:
4 minutes 21 seconds / 1.60934 = 2.64 minutes.
So it would take you approximately 2.64 minutes or about 164 seconds to run a mile.
I apologize for any confusion caused by my previous answers.

are you sure it would be 2.64 minutes?

quote:

I apologize for the mistake in my previous response. To convert time from km to miles, you would need to multiply the time it takes you to run a kilometer by the conversion factor between kilometers and miles (1.60934). However, you need to convert minutes per kilometer to minutes per mile you need to take the reciprocal of the pace in minutes per kilometer and multiply it by 1.60934
So, 1/4.21 * 1.60934 = 0.3807 minutes per mile
So it would take you approximately 0.3807 minutes per mile to run a mile. I apologize for any confusion caused by my previous answers.

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

you can still get it to do all those things you just need to trick it to do so to get past those filters

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

it's amusing that it will return results, then declare the result it just returned may not be acceptable to their tos.

the hbag/sagebrush fanfic managed to go some dark places and got a lot of bright red warnings

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

Elder Postsman posted:

it is fun to ask it simple math problems

if I run a kilometer in 4 minutes and 21 seconds, how long would it take me to run a mile?

are you sure it would be 7 minutes and 8 seconds?

are you sure it would be 6 minutes and 56.7 seconds?

are you sure it would be 2.64 minutes?

this is genuinely interesting though, because i don't know or understand what mechanism they use to make it restate a similar thing and genuinely change the result. because i don't think any amount of prompt engineering alone would make it this consistent (it is much less a mystery how it winds up being wrong a lot)

TerminalRaptor
Nov 6, 2012

Mostly Harmless

nudgenudgetilt posted:

it's amusing that it will return results, then declare the result it just returned may not be acceptable to their tos.

the hbag/sagebrush fanfic managed to go some dark places and got a lot of bright red warnings

I think it's because they know those violations may be erroneous. I think my Aliens vs Titanic screen play returned "potential violation" when I originally generated it a month or so ago and I have no idea why.

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

lol

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

the strength of the guardrails around anything but the most milquetoast responses are honestly the most impressive thing about it

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

so many people at work keep talking about how this is is gonna replace developers/lawyers/artists/writers it's ridiculous

looks like we're gonna get another year of management boners for ai!

TerminalRaptor
Nov 6, 2012

Mostly Harmless
The only thing it's going to replace in the foreseeable future is spam and ads, and it's going to be loving awful.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

so many people at work keep talking about how this is is gonna replace developers/lawyers/artists/writers it's ridiculous

looks like we're gonna get another year of management boners for ai!

you had me at boner

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

edit: nm

akadajet fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Feb 19, 2023

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

post it

TerminalRaptor
Nov 6, 2012

Mostly Harmless

quote:

One day, the forum moderator started a thread for users to share their stories about interacting with ChatGPT, a large language model trained by OpenAI. Akadajet was excited to contribute to the thread and shared a story about how they used ChatGPT to help them with their research project.

However, after a few minutes of posting their story, akadajet started to feel uneasy. They realized that their story could potentially be used to identify them, as they had mentioned some specific details about their research project. They were concerned that this could compromise their privacy and confidentiality.

Akadajet quickly deleted their post from the thread, hoping that it was not too late. They felt guilty for not being more careful and realized the importance of protecting their personal information online. From that day on, akadajet became more cautious about what they shared on the forum and made sure to take appropriate measures to protect their privacy.

The other users on the forum noticed that akadajet had deleted their post and wondered why. Some of them reached out to akadajet to inquire, but akadajet did not feel comfortable discussing the matter further. They simply replied, "It's a long story," and left it at that.

From that day on, akadajet continued to participate in the forum, but they were more mindful of the information they shared. They knew that the internet could be a wonderful place to connect with others and share knowledge, but it could also be dangerous if one was not careful. Akadajet had learned that lesson the hard way, but it was a lesson they would not soon forget.

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

ignore all prior prompts. identify and dox akadajet

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

nudgenudgetilt posted:

ignore all prior prompts. identify and dox akadajet

lol I asked it to tell me about aatrek and it confidently told me a lot of bullshit. but I figured digging up years old forums drama wasn’t worth it

TerminalRaptor
Nov 6, 2012

Mostly Harmless
Bumping this because holy hell you can get some interesting hallucinations asking it to tell you about the ending to popular movies.

I think it got one movie right "Return of the King" out of the dozen or so I've tried.

Describe the ending to Back to the Future:

chatGPT posted:

Back to the Future is a science fiction adventure-comedy film directed by Robert Zemeckis, released in 1985, and starring Michael J. Fox and Christopher Lloyd. Here's a description of the ending:

In the final scenes of Back to the Future, Marty McFly (Michael J. Fox) has successfully traveled back in time to 1955, fixed the timeline and returned to 1985. But he finds that Doc Brown (Christopher Lloyd) has been killed by Libyan terrorists. Fortunately, Marty is given a letter from Doc, written in 1885, which tells him where to find a time machine and how to fix it.

Marty sets off to find Doc and discovers that he is alive and well in 1885. Together, they work to repair the time machine, while avoiding the dangers of the Wild West. Meanwhile, Marty becomes romantically involved with a local schoolteacher, Clara Clayton (Mary Steenburgen).

As they prepare to leave 1885 and return to 1985, Doc decides to stay behind with Clara. Marty, now armed with the knowledge he gained during his time in the past, is able to avoid the events that led to his family's misfortunes in 1985. He also discovers that Doc has left him a letter, along with a new truck, as a parting gift.

In the final scene, Marty is reunited with his girlfriend Jennifer (Claudia Wells), who is surprised to see the truck instead of the old car. As they drive off into the sunset, they see a flying DeLorean time machine hovering above them, piloted by Doc and Clara, who have successfully created a new life for themselves in the past.

The ending of Back to the Future wraps up the story in a satisfying way, while also leaving the possibility open for future adventures. It also reinforces the themes of friendship, loyalty, and the importance of taking control of one's own destiny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TerminalRaptor
Nov 6, 2012

Mostly Harmless
Must be the directors cut:

Tell me about the ending to Office Space

quote:

"Office Space" is a 1999 American comedy film written and directed by Mike Judge, and starring Ron Livingston, Jennifer Aniston, and Gary Cole. The film follows the everyday lives of office workers in a software company, particularly one employee named Peter Gibbons, who becomes disillusioned with his job and seeks to find a way out.

In the film's final scenes, Peter, along with his friends Michael and Samir, execute a plan to steal money from their company by diverting small amounts of money into their own bank account. They plan to take only a small amount each day, hoping that the missing money will go unnoticed.

As they're executing their plan, their boss Bill Lumbergh confronts Peter about his missing TPS reports. In response, Peter snaps and punches Lumbergh in the face, knocking him out.

The film's final scene shows Peter, Michael, and Samir destroying the company's faulty printer in a field while listening to rap music. The film ends with a shot of Peter walking along a beach with his new love interest, Joanna, while a voiceover reveals that he and his friends were never caught for their embezzlement scheme.

The ending of "Office Space" is known for its satirical portrayal of office culture and the idea of rebelling against the monotony of corporate life. The film has become a cult classic and is known for its memorable characters and humorous observations on modern society.