Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
This Trade Deadline Will Be . . .
This poll is closed.
Fun 5 20.83%
Boring 9 37.50%
Triple H 10 41.67%
Total: 24 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Last year's trade deadline minigame is returning.

Name 4 players you think will get traded after your post but before the trade deadline which is February 9th at 12:00 PM Pacific. Once a player is traded you can no longer pick them but you can keep playing until the deadline. You can change your picks until the deadline but please make another post saying you did so just in case I already entered them.

You get

+01: For a correctly named player.
+03 Bonus point if between (and including, to clarify) 5 and 1 other people mentioned this player
+09: Bonus points if no one else mentioned this player.
Experimental: +06: If you nail at least three players.

So 10 if you submit a unique name, 4 if you submit a semi unique name, 1 for a name everyone else guesses. But even if it's all commonly guessed names, if you nail three picks, you will get a total of 9 points at least.

Thanks to all the advice from last year's thread and collaboration with Kibner this will no longer be me counting all the results by hand, which means my capacity for participants has increased. But since we are actively putting this together, results might not be as instant this year and probably won't come until after the event.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Darius Bazley
Fred VanVleet
Tim Hardaway Jr
Jordan Clarkson

chilihead
Nov 5, 2010

Is this real life, or is this fantasy?
Jordan Clarkson.
Kelly Oubre Jr.
Alec Burks.
Jae Crowder.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

D'Angelo Russell
Thaddeus Young
Isaac Okoro
Patrick Beverly

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Khem Birch
Cam Payne
Chris Duarte
Eric Gordon

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Mike Conley
Bojan Bogdanovic
Nerlens Noel
Jakob Poeltl

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Deandre Ayton
Jae Crowder
Chris Paul
Cam Payne

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Gary Trent Jr
John Collins
Cam Reddish
Bojan Bogdanovic

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

Jae Crowder
OG Anunoby
Josh Hart
Derrick Jones Jr.

rivetz
Sep 22, 2000

Soiled Meat
Josh Hart
Eric Gordon
Cam Reddish
Rui Hachimura

abuse culture.
Sep 8, 2004
Cam Johnson
Cam Payne
Cam Reddish
Cam Thomas

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

ˇHola SEA!

abuse culture. posted:

Cam Johnson
Cam Payne
Cam Reddish
Cam Thomas

Lol godspeed

Giggs
Jan 4, 2013

mama huhu
Jimmy "Buckets" Butler
Kenyon "Junior" Martin Jr.
Lauri "Hiisi" Markkanen
Duncan "Donuts" Robinson

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

Kendrick Nunn
Bojan Bogdanovic
John Collins
Jakob Poeltl

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
All righty we have our first successful trade:

https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1617584814256693248

So Kendrick Nunn and Rui Hachimura are off the board, and people who picked them will get points!

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
Reggie Jackson
Jae Crowder
Terrence Ross
Malik Beasley

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Jalen McDaniels
Gary Trent Jr
John Collins
Devonte’ Graham

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Jaylen Nowell
Immanuel Quickly
Kelly Oubre
Jae Crowder

Lockback fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Jan 30, 2023

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Lockback posted:

Jaylen Nowell
Immanuel Quickly
Kelly Oubre
Jakob Poeltl
Jae Crowder

You have an extra one L.B.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Rick posted:

You have an extra one L.B.

Whoops, edited

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Nassir Little
Theo Pinson
Malachi Flynn
Jalen McDaniels

rivetz
Sep 22, 2000

Soiled Meat
Which coward will be the first to edit in Bones Hyland I wonder

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

rivetz posted:

Which coward will be the first to edit in Bones Hyland I wonder

Yeah he's being held out and the coach says they are having "honest conversations" with him, that dude is gone.

idk seems like easy points.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
placeholder 4 feb 8th so ppl cant steal my guesses

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
The app to calculate the points is slightly ahead of schedule and is undergoing testing now. It should hopefully be bug free by the time of the trade deadline.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Kibner is working so hard on this y'all.

Golly for some reason no one predicted this highly predictable turn of NBA events well 100% for sure saw coming 48 hours ago. But Kyrie Irving, Dorian-Finney Smith and Spencer Dinwiddie are off the table.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Rick posted:

Kibner is working so hard on this y'all.

Thanks for enlisting my help! It's been pretty fun and a good excuse to learn and try out a few different techniques.

For everyone else, my hope is to spend the next offseason or two enhancing this so that it is just a website you can visit, put in your predictions, and see a live leaderboard. We'll see if I maintain the longterm interest required to do all that. lol

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Nerlens noel
Khris middleton
Jakob poeltl
John collins

Porfiriato
Jan 4, 2016

Dario Saric
Jarred Vanderbilt
Serge Ibaka
Jae Crowder

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook
Luke Kennard
John Wall
Fred VanVleet
Mike Conely

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Plumlee (it’s just the one now right? Charlotte. )
Jalen mcdaniels
Landry shamet
Dame lillard

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Jae Crowder
Bones Hyland
Lonnie Walker IIIJakob Poetl
Terry Rozier

Rick fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Feb 7, 2023

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
Christian Wood
Bones Hyland
Grant Williams
Kelly Olynyk

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
I have made an edit: Removing Lonnie Walker and putting in Jakob Poetl instead.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Idea for next time: Give a bonus to whomever FIRST names a trade target to give more reason to post early

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
That is a good idea. I also have been thinking maybe just posting one name public and the rest secret next time, with maybe the opposite scoring in that the most popular posted name that gets traded gets 10 or something.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Rick posted:

That is a good idea. I also have been thinking maybe just posting one name public and the rest secret next time, with maybe the opposite scoring in that the most popular posted name that gets traded gets 10 or something.

This is similar to The Sheep Game and I've been thinking of doing one in the off-season.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Salvor_Hardin posted:

This is similar to The Sheep Game and I've been thinking of doing one in the off-season.

I'll definitely check it out if you do.

abuse culture.
Sep 8, 2004
Cam 1 down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1623490045465468933

Twitter is broken for me so I am having trouble seeing some tweets including Woj's so hopefully this guy isn't a major weirdo

https://twitter.com/BrettSiegelNBA/status/1623527421524983810