Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Go on to Wikipedia and see what happened. IS THIS WHERE ALL MY DOLLARS WENT, JIMBO?!?!?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
If you and everybody else donated three dollars(or the equivalent in bitcoin) this wouldn't have happened so technically it is your fault :dings:

SamDabbers
May 26, 2003

At least they kept the article about farts. Farticle if you will
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flatulence

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
I don’t see any difference op, have you tried turning your monitor on?

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Lol if you actually read entire wikipedia articles in 2023 instead of googling "wiki [topic]" and reading google's terrible 2-sentence summary of the wikipedia page

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

oh good another website that can't loving figure out how to optimize for a 2560x1140 resolution

Emrikol
Oct 1, 2015
Every site and application redesign has been bad for years now, and it shows no sign of letting up.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Emrikol posted:

Every site and application redesign has been bad for years now, and it shows no sign of letting up.

Hey I personally enjoy every website using only 25% of the available space on my monitor because this is 1994, correct?

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Just look at it on your phone like everybody else does

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
as long as the stats, history and current employment of all types of athletes and musicians nobody cares about, or ever cared about, are meticulously updated

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
This is why our teachers in high-school told us not to rely on Wikipedia. You just didn't listen.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Why isn't Wikipedia in 4K for fucks sakes

Canine Blues Arooo
Jan 7, 2008

when you think about it...i'm the first girl you ever spent the night with

Grimey Drawer
How many dollars do I have to donate pay to get a Desktop layout on my Desktop. If I wanted a loving 400px wide phone shitpile, I'd use a phone.

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

This site is designed for Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 at 640x480. please adjust resolution accordingly.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Wikpedia manager: What if the site looked like it was on a smartphone screen, but worse?

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017

Emrikol posted:

500 years from now wars will be fought over dark v. Lite theme reddit

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
It really is dogshit. I can't access any of the useful poo poo on the lefthand side of the screen now

Bula Vinaka
Oct 21, 2020

beach side
Change it back.

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

Wikipedia dilated my urethra one size too big now im pissing out of a flat tire.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

wick

Bula Vinaka
Oct 21, 2020

beach side
PoopyPeedia

Canine Blues Arooo
Jan 7, 2008

when you think about it...i'm the first girl you ever spent the night with

Grimey Drawer

Thank gently caress.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

I shouldn't have to play their game

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.
It looks normal to me. Is this because I didn’t give them money?

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Trixie Hardcore posted:

It looks normal to me. Is this because I didn’t give them money?

The mobile version is unchanged. The desktop version has some formatting changes.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
they did change it and it sucks

gently caress you jimbo

goochtit
Nov 2, 2021

Feeling pretty good about never donating to them right now :grin:

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

Looks exactly the same on my phone :shrug:

lil bip
Mar 13, 2004

That ain't workin', that's the way you do it
I like it OP.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

haljordan posted:

Hey I personally enjoy every website using only 25% of the available space on my monitor because this is 1994, correct?

It does look like it was designed for the local Lions Club.

Or fark.com

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Maybe you guys should have donated a little bit more huh? No problem paying :10bux: to post about farts here but Jimmy asks for a measly two bucks and you’re all :whatfor: with moths flying out your wallets

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Maybe you guys should have donated a little bit more huh? No problem paying :10bux: to post about farts here but Jimmy asks for a measly two bucks and you’re all :whatfor: with moths flying out your wallets

Those are my nighttime butterflies jerk

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.
glad they've caught up to web 2.0 by adding a giant amount of useless white space to every page if you're not on a phone. the table of contents idea is fine. maybe they'll let you put images and databoxes on the void to the right?

why do these websites make their ux designers make things worse all the time? is it like, we have to make them do SOMETHING

SidneyIsTheKiller
Jul 16, 2019

I did fall asleep reading a particularly erotic chapter
in my grandmother's journal.

She wrote very detailed descriptions of her experiences...
I'm on a desktop and I don't see any difference.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

SidneyIsTheKiller posted:

I'm on a desktop and I don't see any difference.

Ok it is cool that wikipedia supports braille

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

some articles that i've visited before seem the same even through ctrl f5, but the front page and newer articles are changed for me. 1920x1080 old vs new

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

All that stuff on the left was super useful too, especially the foreign language articles

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

love to have more whitespace on my screen

need that eye-searing void

want to put my butt in it

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

you can get to the old left side with the burger menu

and the languages are on the top right, opposite side of the article title

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Quotey posted:

some articles that i've visited before seem the same even through ctrl f5, but the front page and newer articles are changed for me. 1920x1080 old vs new

Optimized for 4:3 CRT screens from 1997. What dipshit thought this was a good idea?