Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Prurient Squid

Tiddy cat Buddha improving your day.
It was this video game from years ago and it was like a film but with lots of dumb fake options.

The part that sticks in my head is the fbi guy (it was the fbi thread that made me think of this btw) that kept getting bullied by the local cops and he tries to solve the crime using cyberglasses. I remember there being a lot of shitposts and stuff around this game and I'm starting to get nostalgic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Simsmagic

im beautiful

JASON

thank you dumb sex-parrot for the wonderful sig!

Dumb Sex-Parrot
huh, I thought it was a movie starring gordon freeman

thank you Saoshyantx4, Plant MONSTER. and deep dish peat moss for the excellent signature

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs

Shifty Nipples

thought this was gonna be about precipitation

Thanks Plant MONSTER. and deep dish peat moss and deep dish peat moss and deep dish peat moss

Buttchocks

No, I like my hat, thanks.
I remember the very necessary segment that was a dream sequence in which the not-superfluous character runs around in skimpy underwear.

And the criminal mastermind who talks and acts completely normal the whole game until the very end when they start talking in their insane-voice for some reason.

barnold

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
I downloaded the demo when it first was available and was like "gently caress yes. yessssss"

then I bought the game and I was like what the gently caress is all of this poo poo

The Hello Machine

I'm not a real machine, but I am a real Hello-sayer.
He cut off his fingers or something

Buttchocks

Electrical substations don't work that way!

Prurient Squid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmUz6zLYLIs

Twenty Four

Shifty Nipples posted:

thought this was gonna be about precipitation

:same: I miss the byob perpetual rain thread but where I live I rarely have anything to contribute other then "hey that's a nice rain gif someone posted there!"

Shifty Nipples

it's hard to hold a candle in the cold november rain

Thanks Plant MONSTER. and deep dish peat moss and deep dish peat moss and deep dish peat moss

Finger Prince

watho

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JJWIZ_S8UQ

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/BigClutteredJoey-mobile.mp4
thank u vanisher for the sig
and thank u nesamdoom for the good loops

Prurient Squid

Dick Bastardly

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
I really wanted to get a PS3 just to play Heavy Rain but I never ended up getting a PS3 or play it :(

I did get and play Indigo Prophesy for PS2 however and that was interesting imo

Awesome winter sig by Symbolic, love it!

Lovely sig by the masterful Matoi Ryuko, thanks!

watho

heavy rain is notable because it has the absolute worst twist in the history of storytelling

Prurient Squid

I think I saw it as a let's play first of all and the guy who went through started posting on screen text from a book on how to write a mystery story to show how Heavy Rain basically broke every rule.

Also, the entire middle of the game is filler. All progress occurs at the beggining and the end, and it really feels like it too.

Dick Bastardly

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
There's another game that has similar "choice tree" vibes called "12 minutes" that I enjoyed quite a bit. I'd like to use this thread as an opportunity to query the 'yob about other titles with this style/mechanic that i may have never heard of. What other good games are there that have player choice driven narratives (not Mass Effect, I've tried and failed to get into it)

I recently came across a YouTube video highlighting a game called "Planescape: Torment" which the reviewer called it "the most philosophical game ever made to date" and am quite curious about it.

yobbers please recommend me games that'll tickle that part of my psyche plese and thnak you

watho

do you specifically want games that are predominantly an interactive story or just any old game where your choices matter?

Dick Bastardly

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

watho posted:

do you specifically want games that are predominantly an interactive story or just any old game where your choices matter?

I'm leaning more the former vice the latter but am open to any and all suggestions

Prurient Squid

What a coincidence Dick Bastardly. That video about Planescape Torment came up for me too.

Dick Bastardly

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Prurient Squid posted:

What a coincidence Dick Bastardly. That video about Planescape Torment came up for me too.

algorithmic tomfoolery is afoot

biosterous

SHAWN

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

biosterous

i haven't played but from the vids i've watched my fav part is when the cop is doing a footchase through a grocery store and if you gently caress up the inputs he keeps tripping over boxes and slipping on ice cubes and running into people

poetry in motion, but for failure

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

Finger Prince

Dick Bastardly posted:

There's another game that has similar "choice tree" vibes called "12 minutes" that I enjoyed quite a bit. I'd like to use this thread as an opportunity to query the 'yob about other titles with this style/mechanic that i may have never heard of. What other good games are there that have player choice driven narratives (not Mass Effect, I've tried and failed to get into it)

I recently came across a YouTube video highlighting a game called "Planescape: Torment" which the reviewer called it "the most philosophical game ever made to date" and am quite curious about it.

yobbers please recommend me games that'll tickle that part of my psyche plese and thnak you

Dragon Age: Inquisition fits the brief I think. At least you feel like the choices you make have a tangible edged on the story.

Buttchocks

How many other directors would have the artistic vision to include a "forced to perform a strip-tease at gunpoint" mini-game?

Escape From Noise

Heavy rain? Yeah. I lived in Seattle. Can't say I miss it too much though.

Thank you Pot Smoke Pheonnix for this Kickin' Rad sig

Dick Bastardly

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Finger Prince posted:

Dragon Age: Inquisition fits the brief I think. At least you feel like the choices you make have a tangible edged on the story.

I have this one downloaded and I think I might've even started it many moons ago but didn't follow through. perhaps I shall give it another go

Finger Prince

Dick Bastardly posted:

I have this one downloaded and I think I might've even started it many moons ago but didn't follow through. perhaps I shall give it another go

I really enjoyed it. It helps to play in character, whatever character you decide to play.

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

super sweet best pal

Chubby Rain was better.

Escape From Noise

Husky Hail

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs
Cheugy sleet

Buttchocks

There wasn't a single horse in Heavy Rein.

Escape From Noise

Buttchocks posted:

There wasn't a single horse in Heavy Rein.

Was their a king?

Dick Bastardly

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
Thick Thunderstorms

baka of lathspell

remember moderate precipitation

join dork order
sig by ??? (<3 u)

itry

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEK5VxDMMjo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

itry

Oh, oh. This is better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpcj3QlJuvY