Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

beer pal

well folks, it's just about the end of the year and we all know what that means. its time for us to reflect on the past year and once again grade all the best art

here's my rankings for 2022:

1. film [^1]
you gotta love it. all your senses stimulated (except i guess for touch and smell and taste) which no other form of art can really claim. i get so many emotions when watching film

2. books [v1]
u can do a lot of great stuff with prose that u cant do with any other from of art, even film. its a great medium for engaging with the human experience

3. music [-]
one of the 'temporal art forms' as i like to call them, along with movies. so ephemeral. u can get a lot of emotional resonance out of songs but on the other hand what are y9ur eyes gonna do while you're listneing?

4. still images (paintings, photography, etc) [-]
some of em look good, others not so much

5. performing arts [-1]
never seen one

hon. mention: video games
are they art? are some of them art and others not art? are none of them art? someone call roland barthes. anyway i like em pretty well

https://i.imgur.com/xQxnooW.png

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae
Your posts

https://i.imgur.com/9jTkSUL.mp4
Thanks to vanisher for the paradise sig! :)

deep dish peat moss

I would rank Still Images lower. I mean they don't even do anything like move or make noise? What's the point. At least you can watch a Performing Art for more than a few seconds without getting bored of the same thing.

Twenty Four

Abstract and interpretive art [^2 v5]

Sometimes it's pretty cool so it like ^2, but most of the time I'm like "what?" and it's v5, sometimes it's in between, but that's just my abstract interpretation.

beer pal

deep dish peat moss posted:

I would rank Still Images lower. I mean they don't even do anything like move or make noise? What's the point. At least you can watch a Performing Art for more than a few seconds without getting bored of the same thing.

they dont even let u touch them most of the time

https://i.imgur.com/xQxnooW.png

baka of lathspell

lol I’m dumb

to answer your question posts were good this year

baka of lathspell fucked around with this message at 15:28 on Jan 21, 2023

join dork order
sig by ??? (<3 u)

biosterous

poetry: [~]
i heard some good poems so i was gonna rank this higher, but then someone wrote a rude poem about me, so,

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nut

1) watermarked getty images (images are the art part here)

2) the new series of mustards that were released this year

3) McDonald's returning the Big Mac to the masses instead of just selling it to elites

4) styrofoam backed band posters ("i don't play games, I don't use frames" etc etc you know)

5) using my vlog drone to take pictures of trash cans raided by raccoons the morning after