Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
:siren:New Episode:siren:

Let's Play Yakuza Kiwami Episode 43 - Shoulda Ate Some Steak

Yuya, you noticed the guy was crossdressing but didn't notice the shotgun?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Just Winging It
Jan 19, 2012

The buck stops at my ass
Pissing it out is no biggie, the part where it's stuck in the duct between the kidney and bladder is where it hurts like gently caress.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
Toilet Man is pooping so hard his nose starts bleeding.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Yakuza Kiwami Episode 44 - He Did It!

I'm imagining we got a call from the florist some time during the story and then I said "YEAH YEAH WHATEVER" and forgot instantly

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Yakuza Kiwami Episode 45 - Where It All Began

We've spent sessions trying to get this drat substory, I'm pretty sure the Pares one was blocking it

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Yakuza Kiwami Episode 46 - Kazuma Kun

Wow he REALLY caught on quick to pocket circuit

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

Japan puts family names first, so he's Kazuma Kiryu but Kiryu is his given name and Kazuma is the family name. They also consider your given name to be a semi-intimate thing to call you (if you guys know some French or Spanish, think tu vs vous/usted), so Fighter is calling them both by the family name. They call each other by given names, though since Majima is the senior he gets "san". He doesn't have to give Kiryu a suffix at all but -chan is a slightly girly affectionate diminutive so he's just being a prick with that one. Fighter uses the -kun suffix for both of them which would be for boys similar to how -chan is for girls, but I think it's meant to be him treating you like all the other (ten-year-old child) racers. (I probably got something wrong in there, if there's someone in the thread who's more familiar with Japan feel free to correct me.)

Also, I loving love how he exits through the door and loving time-warps to the other side of the room to complain he's been waiting for you forever.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

I can confirm I didn't buy a monster energy can after that whole event but I remember it pretty well though.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
loving hell I knew there was an episode I wanted to edit :cripes:

DevNull
Apr 4, 2007

And sometimes is seen a strange spot in the sky
A human being that was given to fly

Akratic Method posted:

Japan puts family names first, so he's Kazuma Kiryu but Kiryu is his given name and Kazuma is the family name.

They switch things around for the english subs to account for the naming conventions. You hear him say Kiryu Kazuma in game.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Danaru posted:

loving hell I knew there was an episode I wanted to edit :cripes:

That's why you and Grace are some of the best LPers around, we get exclusive behind the scenes content without needing to sub to a patreon.

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

Any day now.

DevNull posted:

They switch things around for the english subs to account for the naming conventions. You hear him say Kiryu Kazuma in game.

Yep, you're totally right! Just heard it in the first episode of Kiwami 2.

Drives me crazy about Japanese names: unless it's a name you know is family or given, it's a coin toss whether it's already been reversed by the time you see it in Western media.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Yakuza Kiwami Episode 47 - If Looks Could Kill

kiryu you can't keep doing this

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

Any day now.

It sounded like that crane game absolutely killed Grace.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Haruka's disgusted expression should be the mascot for these LP's.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
https://twitter.com/DanaruLP/status/1642603325836197894

Folks, I do not enjoy Mesuking.

Storm One
Jan 12, 2011
https://twitter.com/SEGA_OFFICIAL/status/1642331088650649603

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

disposablewords
Sep 12, 2021

Thank you, sincerely.

I never even figured out exactly how I was supposed to play Mesuking properly. I don't know if it's because it was poorly explained, or because I was cringing back from it too much to learn.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Even after looking up guides on how to play, most of the advice is "yeah it's RNG". You're not missing much.

We ran out of backlog but we'll be recording more tonight. There were like seven Mesuking substories and also Majima showed up once because of course

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Yakuza Kiwami Episode 48 - Please Don't Pity Me

Check THIS poo poo out! *Gets a face card after hitting on 12, loving dies*

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Yakuza Kiwami Episode 49 - Jress

I get what they're going for, but having a skill locked behind a random chance isn't the best move.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Yakuza Kiwami Episode 50 - Not A But To That

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

Any day now.

Happy easter, you godless heathens

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Yakuza Kiwami Episode 51 - Jurassic Park Rules

We also watched Lord of the Flies and it loving sucked rear end

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Yakuza Kiwami Episode 52 - Whatever That Stuff He Said

poo poo I released this last night but forgot to post it

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Yakuza Kiwami Episode 53 - It's Been A While!

Okay so we did all of Yui's stuff off screen because she's really boring. Also to get a trophy I took Rina out to mahjong

https://twitter.com/DanaruLP/status/1644371046915514376?t=-4RwJK-HBoC9ivjKfbVnnA&s=19

Agony

disposablewords
Sep 12, 2021

A city where you can Tiger Drop almost any problem (but not even God will help you if you miss).

Fuckin' Amons.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Yakuza Kiwami Episode 54 - Well I'm Sad Now

:smith:

disposablewords
Sep 12, 2021

A good ending to a good LP. Including a good job beating the poo poo out of Jo Amon, that little fucker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

Any day now.

That rear end in a top hat was moving around in less than a frame sometimes. Like, literally running so fast that the game had to teleport him to a noticeably different spot before rendering the next frame. Absolute bullshit and you are either lucky or psychic for pulling off a tiger drop at his maximum speed. Probably both.

Well done! And thanks for slogging through some of the dull poo poo off-screen. Sometimes I really want to get these games and then other times I see the quests you're doing to get these full-completion bonus fights and it's like, you know, maybe I'll just have someone else deal with an hour of filler dialogue meant to let you just stare down the hostess's shirt.

Do you get anything for maxing out Haruka's affection?