Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Ooooh! Bookmarked hard.

Fat and Useless posted:

Next time: Understanding the world hell you exist in

I KNOW HER! SHE GAVE ME MY COOL SAMURAI ARMOR!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Its kind of shocking that this game's plot kicks into gear with the arrival of a woman who is both from the apocalyptic future and a land so far on the other side of the world its not even on your map and she actually already knows you. Its a left field turn for sure after the first update was all relatively standard Medieval Politics Stuff. It reminds me of 1990s X-Men and how crazy they could get when something came along to interrupt their normal Mutant Civil Rights stuff. By comparison FF14's Start Of The Real Story twist that there's some sort of God War going on behind the scenes of the Normal War is relatively mundane.

I'm curious to see if the general statement that nobody would or could treat with this game's Beast Tribes is mechanical fact and they're Always Enemies like a lot of WoW's sentient races or if they'll eventually be people you can deal with as in 14.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Thinking on it a bit this morning, Iroha seems to be a true an artifact of her time. The early 00's, when XI came out, was the golden age of the "Magical Girlfriend Appears To Change My Ordinary Life," genre in Otaku Media. It was always a strong sub-genre, but the early 00s saw the debut and dominance of some major pillars that are still remembered and influential today, like Familiar of Zero, Shakugan no Shana, A Certain Magical Index, The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, Fate/Stay Night, Tsukihime, and even the ascent of Bleach to Shounen Jump's "Big Three." Anime, Manga, Light Novels and Visual Novels were all ruled over by this type of story, and I think Iroha fits the mold.

The fact that your "ordinary life" in this case is an adventurer in a fantasy world is a twist on the genre, but not an unprecedented one.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

I feel like you're a lot better than me at making screenshots look nice and clean and sharp and uniform and it makes me insanely jealous :lol: Fantastic work on these updates. I need to make time to post itt more often than not at all.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Fat and Useless posted:

Boy has this been a learning experience as a first Let's Play. The worst idea for a first Let's Play! Chains I think is the quality I want to aim for through this thing. Audio issues in videos are fixed, text boxes are nicer, I interact with the story in a way where you can just ignore my text if you want. Yeah this feels about right. I need to up the OBS quality on the boss videos, file size be damned. Remind me to do that or something. The biggest goal of this thing is to archive the story of Final Fantasy 11 in a way that doesn't wholly depend on video, if I happen to tell a nice story for Visaria too that's great. Really I just want everyone to be able to enjoy this game and this feels like the best format for it. One thing I would like to do when I have time is go back (also going forward) and add related reading links to all the updates for easy looking up of things.

I know all these feels.

You're an absolute gem and an inspiration F&U. I'd probably never have learned a single thing about this game that wasn't in the 14 crossover without the work you've done here. Here's hoping for another triumphant year. <3

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Fat and Useless posted:

Okay so I had to dive into Dynamis Bastok to grab a Relic armor piece I needed, here's the list of what I got in my 90 minute run.

6 relic scythes
3 relic axes
3 relic swords
4 relic great katana

9 armor nuggets I don't need (25k each)
3 armor nuggets I need (80k each)
19 1 byne bills (1k each)

1 thief chest
2 scholar legs
3 black mage legs
1 paladin helm
1 corsair boots
4 bard gloves
3 dragoon legs
1 blue legs
1 red gloves
2 dark boots
4 monk boots
0 samurai gloves
0 beast chest

So yeah, just a little look into what this grind is all about for anyone curious.

Woof

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Lt. Commander Data must learn how to become human

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Puppetmaster is a cool Job idea. Kankuro was an underrated Naruto character. Also, that Chocobo was clearly on performance enhancing drugs :colbert:

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

drat, FF11 Blue Mage goes hard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

PurpleXVI posted:

What the hell is King of Hearts.

THE SCHOOL OF THE UNDEFEATED OF THE EAST!

THE WINDS OF THE KING!

ZENSHIN!

KEIRETSU!

TEMPA KYOURAN!

LOOK! THE EAST IS BURNING RED!!