Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

How much are tickets to the old people buffet featured in the OP?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

WerrWaaa posted:

I'll be there with Magic cards and a Kill Team. Looking forward to games and drinks and spending too much money. I cannot say for certain how much time I will have to ditch my Hoosier friends for Goon friends but it'll happen more than once.

drat you ain't playing around.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

I only got to try Haveli once because it closed my second year.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Al-Saqr posted:

Gen con is probably the only good thing about Indiana tbh

There's uh... well some places it has a low cost of living.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

theironjef posted:

Oh, I host a podcast where we review weird old roleplaying games called System Mastery along with a few other shows that grew out from that, and then my podcast partner and I have also written an RPG cocktail recipe book and cookbook, both under a brand called Dungeonmeister. We have more Dungeonmeister stuff coming, too.

Are you guys doing any System Mastery stuff this year, or just running games? I haven't been able to get my James D’Amato brand live show fix since 2019.

I imagine he's busy with a baby and all, at least.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

theironjef posted:

We're doing at least a few things, most with James present as well. I assume we'll do our regular show live, probably one or two table games, and then because we're at GenCon as part of a book tour thing through our publisher, we're doing Dungeonmeister/Ultimate RPG stuff: a rebranding of a quiz show we ran in 2019, this time with audience prizes, and a panel about how to onboard your friends that are trying to get into non-D&D RPGs, I think? That one isn't finalized yet. But yeah, James will be there, and it would be wild if he wasn't doing some other panels/live shows of his own, I just can't speak to what they are yet.

Sweet, sounds like I'll have more events than just Rude Tales this year.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Ego Trip posted:

Does buying everything Free League sells count as an event?

The event of a lifetime.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Fate Accomplice posted:

has anyone stayed 10-15 miles away from the convention center?

curious about experiences cause every time I've gone I've stayed at the JW, but this year my group missed the hotel lottery.

I'm seeing some cheap stuff in that distance range and I'm wondering how well it works.

Along with what other people said, look into Gate 10 parking. They have several lots within walking distance of the ICC, or you can take their shuttles that arrive every 5-10 minutes or do. I think in the past they've been 24/7 but I don't know if the shuttles themselves go that late. Might be cheaper than ride sharing 2+ times a day.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Finally set up an event wishlist. I have two whole items, both of them System Mastery. The third System Mastery event conflicts with Grover Lunch and Rude Tales isn't coming this year.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

theironjef posted:

Ooh which ones are you going to?

The live show and hopefully Sentinels. Grover Lunch is at 1:15 instead of noon this year so I may not commit to Sentinels :ohdear:

Obviously you should move the game to Harry and Izzy's then

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

theironjef posted:

Yeah, that's what I was wondering. The only event I'm not hosting or helping at that I signed up for was free, but I think it's held by GenCon itself so I was briefly confused. So yeah, let's say it's two bucks but I don't make any money (unless you buy my books).

Join the discord, nerd. You won't make any money there either but there are plenty of goons playing board games and RPGs, unless your schedule is super packed I guess.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

One of these years I'll bring in a bunch of board games for the auction since I'm never going to play them.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Dr. Quarex posted:

HE IS GOIN' NOW

drat that is early, even I am not leaving until Friday :dadjoke:

Here just bring them this year, we can put them in the Auction by crossing out the names of things I was going to put in and attaching the tags to them instead

This sounds way more complicated than waiting a year so I can not do it then either.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Someone about to get Pinkerton'd again

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

I hope it's all branded for whatever event it was scheduled for and are the only versions of the prizes so they're basically unsellable.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

BlackIronHeart posted:

GC 2024 was pretty fun and I'll echo everyone else; where the gently caress did all these people come from?

Sounds like they all time traveled from 2023

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Deviant posted:

shots Wednesday will do that to you

I've had more Fireball "shots" on all the Wednesdays before Gencon than I have the rest of my life.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Bottom Liner posted:

Shots Wednesday needs to be restored to its former glory. Next year, we storm the courtyard.

Obviously one of us needs to form a band and get booked Wednesday night then just no show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

TheHoosier posted:

I got to be a crypto-obsessed swindler in the grim darkness of the CY_BORG future, and it was swell. I regret not going with my original plan of reciting the John Galt speech on top of the poker tables to distract security, but alas

I would've made you recite the entire thing in the background while I asked the other players what they were doing.