Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

Ilor posted:

I sometimes feel this way about Haveli.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
Don’t forget Chickfila Pantsshitter

Masks were definitely going to be a non-starter this year, people just give absolutely zero fucks anymore (at least in rural PA) and even if there was a mask policy people would probably flaunt it.

I’m more frustrated by lack of vaccine card req, that’s something that really weeds out the assholes. Guess I better time a booster to my Aug - Jan con schedule

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

I’ve never eaten at any place in the ICC nor at any of the food trucks. I went to the food court in the mall once lol

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

That kinda sucks for people just wandering in or TOVA drawing in passerby, but the room was overfull for that anyway. I think the auction has enough of its own crowd that it’ll still get traffic. Also consignment not being cramped as hell will be nice

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Ego Trip posted:

Have a session where everyone is playing a different game. The characters are all together, but each player is using a different system.

No, I do not have any idea how that works in practice but it was in my brain and I hade to share.

I’ve run a one-shot where each player had a unknown target number on a d20 to confuse them about things going on, but entirely different rule sets sounds fun too.

Also gave everyone character sheets with squares/stars/smiley face tracks and would randomly ask them to cross off symbols

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Anti-Bunny posted:

Our Airbnb just now cancelled on us and they're trying to get us to officially cancel the stay with the site, presumably as some kind of scam.

I knew not getting a hotel room was a bad idea

They likely didnt know that gencon was happening and they want to relist for a higher rate or something for someone last minute, they can’t do that unless you officially cancel (cause airbnb won’t let them cancel it unless they also blackout the dates for everyone)

Tell them you are gonna get airbnb support involved unless they let you stay, do not cancel your reservation. You might be hosed anyway if they decide to be spiteful, but you can at least get them back by forcing them to do it

Fellis fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Jul 28, 2023

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

GEN CON

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Charity Auction quote: “Once again, you have only angered the man in the Racoon Hat”

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Those people aren’t in Will Call, they are in Purgatory

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

If you spend more than an hour or two in lines during Gencon, I feel like you have failed on some fundamental level