Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

A couple of pics!

Lincoln!

The last time you'll likely see the hall this empty.

Ticket to ride but big.

Cultural artifacts on display at the 50th anniversary recreation of Gen Con 1.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8one6
May 20, 2012

Dr. Quarex posted:

Also 8one6 how old is the Abraham Lincoln picture? I know that is RUSTY BAWLS, and I have not seen him for ages there, but that does not mean too much given how often I am sequestered for most of the day at the Auction. Though I just Goog'd his name and one of the first results was someone on the Gen-Con Forums in 2017 asking why he had not been back for years, so yeah probably just died of stilt-related causes

2007 I think.

8one6
May 20, 2012

I miss the Indian buffet that was in Indy. It was close enough to walk but just far away enough that it wasn't packed during the con.

8one6
May 20, 2012

pizza di tito inside the PNC center/hyatt is legit good pizza.

8one6
May 20, 2012

Dr. Quarex posted:

How is it only 100 days to go

It was 140 days to go, like, 40 days ago. This just does not add up

I just realized yesterday that my kiddo wanting to go to Indianapolis for the week before his birthday is, in fact, the weekend before Gen-Con, so now I have to decide if I want to amp up my concerning behavior by staying at the same hotel starting the Friday before the convention. I could bring TWO car loads of stuff for the Auction that way! The child can ride on the roof

It's never too early to teach a child how to do the auctioneer voice.

8one6
May 20, 2012

They really should connect the skywalks to more hotels. Including a miles long tunnel to the airport hotels.

8one6
May 20, 2012

Other than driving through a storm last night to get here the trip was easy and I'm in Indy! GEN CON!

8one6
May 20, 2012

SonOfGhostDad posted:

They say children have been born and grow old and die in the Island Noodles line
GEN CON

Those noodles must be goddamn amazing but I'll never no for sure because of that loving line.

The hotbox official Gen Con pizza is pretty good this year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8one6
May 20, 2012

BlackIronHeart posted:

So who stole a $300k pallet of cards on Wednesday? Fess up!

I hope it was those Disney cards.