Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

GEN CON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There's a chance I have to go to EVO again this year, which overlaps with Gen Con but I'm hopeful that won't happen. No Gen Con for me last year was sad for a lot of reasons, and I want to get back to it!

My friend group is all still really said Paizo pulled PACG play, but I think this year I might just pack up my own box and we can grab a free area to play every morning for a few hours to start the day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

Fate Accomplice posted:

has anyone stayed 10-15 miles away from the convention center?

curious about experiences cause every time I've gone I've stayed at the JW, but this year my group missed the hotel lottery.

I'm seeing some cheap stuff in that distance range and I'm wondering how well it works.

We used to stay downtown with a friend, but after they moved farther out we... still stay with them... but are just farther away. My whole Gen Con experience has always been commuting in either via Uber or driving and parking. If you have a car and are aiming to get there early, you can usually find either street parking within a few blocks or park daily at a garage (which is expensive, but the cheaper room probably more than offsets this). The downside is that it gets messy if people in your group want to go at different times, and it kind of locks you into being there all day.

Any time we've Uber'd, I never felt the cost was too bad, and there were always plenty available (even late at night if we stayed out and went drinking after a late event). The obviously downside here, though, is that it can be inconvenient to lug stuff to and from the convention center if you're relying on Uber.