Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Smik
Mar 18, 2014

So I'm not really happy with this drawing but I've been uninspired for a few days now and hoping this helps kick-start me back into a creative loop. It's a scene I'm going to be describing in my CYOA Mega Frankenstein.
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3969259

Smik fucked around with this message at 03:18 on Jul 13, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smik
Mar 18, 2014

Decided to do a sketch of "Maesika"

She's one of the characters in a story I'm writing, a faerie spirit who takes the form of a cursed rag doll. She shifts her appearance based on her mood.

Smik fucked around with this message at 03:18 on Jul 13, 2023

Smik
Mar 18, 2014

Did a sketch of one of my central characters named Nem. An older version is in Mega Frankenstein.

Smik fucked around with this message at 03:17 on Jul 13, 2023

Smik
Mar 18, 2014

Do you use vectors or a specific kind of pen, out of curiosity?

Smik
Mar 18, 2014

Shinmera posted:

Neither, I just work digitally with Krita and am somewhat ok at creating clean line art. I use the Ink-2 Fineliner brush for the final lines these days, which is a default Krita brush.

Huh, never heard of Krita until now. Looked it up, seems pretty legit. I've already got Clip Studio though so I'm sticking with what I know for now.

A sketch of Sami, the protagonist of my second CYOA (on a different site) who is also in Mega Frankenstein. Sami is a lot rougher around the edges than Nem and it threw players for a loop. She drinks heavily and enjoys a fair bit of pot, neither of which have as strong an effect as she'd like due to her body being extremely resilient to drugs and disease as well as healing quickly.

Smik
Mar 18, 2014

White Light posted:

That's a neat writing idea!

I just realized I never replied to that, but thanks! The story involves the introduction of faeries into the world and the problems of finding decent housing to haunt when you're effectively a ghost. A paranormal investigator is hired to deal with her, but she just explains that all she has to do to get rid of him is to kill his wealthy client. Since what she really wants is a place of her own, she agrees to move in with the investigator instead despite all he has is a one-bedroom apartment (and having a real person as a front for holding property is a lot easier. From that point onwards it's the investigator trying to wrangle a bloodthirsty killer ragdoll although in a strange way it has some parallels to the concept of pokemon, as Maesika is in a much better situation with a human companion than without.

Smik
Mar 18, 2014

Wasn't particularly inspired today but tried a sketch of Rekki, one of the characters in Nem's story. He's pretty important but tends to stay in the background for the most part.

Smik
Mar 18, 2014

A sketching of Remmington, one of my characters. He's probably needing the most development in terms of his backstory and his character design since when given a choice between him and Sami, the readers at the time chose Sami. The concept for his story was that the players needed to keep him out of fights because he'd win them -- and leave a trail of bodies with consequences in his wake. One of the other elements I wanted to play with was an inability to easily give him direct instructions (related to his ability to dominate fights was the fact he had issues being able to 'hear' the players).

I'm not super-happy with this sketch but... one a day to break the curse right?

Smik
Mar 18, 2014

A sketch of Yeeryie, a character planned for a small short-story game I'm working on. She's a spooky seelie faerie who loves ice cream and scaring people.

Smik
Mar 18, 2014

Did a sketch of one of my characters named Macha. Not super happy with it but I wanted to get back on track with a daily drawing. (Macha is Nem's future daughter)

Smik
Mar 18, 2014

BoothBaberGinsburg posted:

haven't devoted nearly enough time to doodling lately. here's an aardwolf

and two lil dudes who could very well be rejected pokemon: an acorn dragon and his friend, a corn dragon. personally, i like the corn dragon

They're adorable!

Smik
Mar 18, 2014

Gonna share from my new art project thread where I create TMNT-style monster hero characters.

She's cool but rude (and a party dude).

Supporting cast member for the Dakka Smith Orkgirls

Major villain and member of the Renegade Skulls

She taught them to be a fighting team (she's a radical cat)

Smik
Mar 18, 2014

More sketches from my latest art project

"Make me a Friendly Thing"

She's a 7-tailed demon squirrel who pilots an ogre mech that resembles Shrek and is basically the expy of Krang, if Krang also had a thing about Shrek and chubby men.

Member of the badguy team who is a Slam Necrodancer

The Inspector Javert, except he eventually realizes he's been in the wrong.

Smik
Mar 18, 2014

Here's today's batch of characters.

Smik
Mar 18, 2014

BoothBaberGinsburg posted:

these are really cool, i'm impressed with the variety in all your character designs. it makes me want to know more about them!

Rather than copying and pasting blocks of text into the daily drawings, the thread's here:
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4037427

Each character gets a short bio about who they are and a notable story arc.

Smik
Mar 18, 2014

Next batch of characters

Bouncer Badger

Shield of the Abyss (it's sentient and calls itself 'Sophy')

Blud Phlart

Kyupileet

Freida Hubbahex

Smik
Mar 18, 2014

Claeaus posted:

Finally took some time to sketch for a while with results of varying quality

Really digging the frog-like creature.

Smik
Mar 18, 2014

Smaller batch today. Heat and fatigue did a number on me.

Smik
Mar 18, 2014

Today's batch.

Smik
Mar 18, 2014

Phylodox posted:

Thanks to Reddit for this prompt.

That's a Barbie they should have made.

Smik
Mar 18, 2014

Today's offerings

Smik
Mar 18, 2014

I really like that one.

Here's my next batch:

Smik
Mar 18, 2014

Just two today.

Smik
Mar 18, 2014

I did these yesterday and forgot to post.

These were today

Smik
Mar 18, 2014

I might only get one done tonight, a happy occasion came up. :)

Smik
Mar 18, 2014

Smik
Mar 18, 2014

Just a couple today.

Smik
Mar 18, 2014

White Light posted:

We have a drawing discord? :aaaaa:

HanzoSchmanzo posted:

We have a drawing discord?

I found it in this thread: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3908678&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

Smik
Mar 18, 2014

Another batch

Was I high when I came up with this character? You bet your rear end.

Smik
Mar 18, 2014

Bonus art

Smik
Mar 18, 2014

Another Batch!

Actually friendly Skellating Jelly

Also actually friendly Keetie Koala (she just eats the energy of eldritch horrors)

Only slightly spooky and also actually friendly goblin girl

Smik
Mar 18, 2014

Just want to say they're all great!

Smik
Mar 18, 2014

Another batch.

Smik
Mar 18, 2014

Got three done today.

Smik
Mar 18, 2014