Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Borscht posted:

Is it spelled howcatchum or howcatchem?

i always preferred howdunnit, i don't care if howcatchem makes more sense >.<

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

howketchum

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

It's actually Ash Ketchum

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
I thought this episode was great, best one so far! The man on home arrest with one night of freedom is a really fun hook.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Joseph Gordon Levitt was perfect this whole episode. I always had hoped for Benjamin Bratt to have a big role in this season so having him back for the finale will be great. kind of want the show to go full Columbo if it goes a few more seasons after 2, bring back the coolest guest stars to be a different type of rear end in a top hat

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..
I think the episode just going with "Mortimer Bernstein" is my favourite joke so far.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
Kind of funny how Charlie survives getting stabbed right in her chest. At this point she should just let the baddies catch up with her since she'll bounce back once they "kill" her.

Albatrossy_Rodent
Oct 6, 2021

Obliteratin' everything,
incineratin' and renegade 'em
I'm here to make anybody who
want it with the pen afraid
But don't nobody want it but
they're gonna get it anyway!

Snooze Cruise posted:

i always preferred howdunnit, i don't care if howcatchem makes more sense >.<

Howdunnit is a different thing entirely, e.g. Inside Man (2006).

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

withak posted:

They should do a double fake where Stephanie Hsu faked her own death also so she can come back as a recurring sidekick later on.

could always come back as Jobu Tupaki

Nameless Pete
May 8, 2007

Get a load of those...
This means they get to incorporate Natasha Lyonne's real life gnarly surgery scar into the character.

misguided rage
Jun 15, 2010

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

PantsBandit posted:

Kind of funny how Charlie survives getting stabbed right in her chest. At this point she should just let the baddies catch up with her since she'll bounce back once they "kill" her.
It was pretty funny how bad JGL was at telling if people were actually dead.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

PantsBandit posted:

I assumed she somehow blocked it with the ankle monitor and faked being stabbed. I went back and watched it in slow-motion; she grabs the ankle monitor and stuffs it under her jacket a millisecond before he stabs her.

This was a great episode, I love how quickly they established JGL's character. I was hoping he'd be the one getting murdered.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.

Chamale posted:

I assumed she somehow blocked it with the ankle monitor and faked being stabbed. I went back and watched it in slow-motion; she grabs the ankle monitor and stuffs it under her jacket a millisecond before he stabs her.

This was a great episode, I love how quickly they established JGL's character. I was hoping he'd be the one getting murdered.

That makes more sense, I thought it would be the one time she had her wallet NOT stolen and that was how she survived, but then that clearly wasn't true

Mellow Seas
Oct 9, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Call me crazy but what if this show has even more magical realism than we thought, and Charlie's superpower is actually more complicated than "can tell truth from lies," and involves some form of immortality as well as causing people she comes across to die?

Not likely but makes u think

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
I was thinking “regardless of anything going on with Charlie, JGL’s character is going to have some explaining to do about how his car ended up with a dead woman in it at the bottom of a cliff”.

except

She’s a master thief with rap sheet a mile long. If he got away with it, that would be how.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
These two most recent episodes have been bangers. RIP Tuvok

UnquietDream
Jul 20, 2008

How strange that nobody sees the wonder in one another
This Poker Face show is real good.

(Columbo season 3 - Publish or Perish)

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I just say "that's a lie" to everything people say to me because you miss 100% of the accusations you don't make

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Finally caught up with the episode and loved it, and that ending :kiss:

Mellow Seas
Oct 9, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Khanstant posted:

I just say "that's a lie" to everything people say to me because you miss 100% of the accusations you don't make

That's a lie.

Luff
Jul 11, 2006

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!
(Season finale)Another season, another Perlman

Borscht
Jun 4, 2011

Luff posted:

(Season finale)Another season, another Perlman

Who is loving killing it btw

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

the head of the five families

The only thing missing was after she says "i got you on speaker with the five families" them all going "hi charlie"

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

i only saw the first two episodes so far but i like this and i think it's a better thing for natasha lyonne to be doing than russian doll was, which kind of annoyed me. her schtick is entertaining, it just needs a good place to belong and happenstance columbo is perfect.

i liked ep1 more than 2 but i enjoyed both. i think the writing is a bit corny but that's okay. i hope the way she solves these things can become more inventive, or at least not play it's hand so obviously because i figured out what her next clue was going to be before she did too early. but i am very up for an episodic road trip crime solving outcast show.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Well I love how that wrapped up, and it was particularly satisfying that what did Cliff in was that initial murder of Charlie's friend, rather than all his other crap, and OF COURSE he immediately turned the moment the pressure was on him.

Roll on more ColumboPoker Face!

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

there's always a chance he turns states evidence for the feds, that way they can bring him back for s2

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
Just based on the montage stuff, I'd be down with a comedy Benjamin Bratt as a fixer TV series.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Jose Oquendo posted:

Just based on the montage stuff, I'd be down with a comedy Benjamin Bratt as a fixer TV series.

His only solace: Burn Notice.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

idk when your spinoff anti-hero's origin story is he helped kill witnesses to protect a CSAM haver that's a rough start

or maybe he was posting on Somethingawful dot com idk

Borscht
Jun 4, 2011

Jerusalem posted:

His only solace: Burn Notice.

I was laughing at this every time it popped up. If burn notice can make it 6 seasons, poker face can make it to 100 eps. I mean, how expensive can these things be to make?

Borscht
Jun 4, 2011

Alan Smithee posted:

idk when your spinoff anti-hero's origin story is he helped kill witnesses to protect a CSAM haver that's a rough start

or maybe he was posting on Somethingawful dot com idk

You must have missed the part where he was saying that he hated the whole family.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Good finale! Pretty much what I expected - not a season highlight, but a great wrap-up to the story set up in the pilot. Loved the scenes with DuVall and the whole dick ring thing, and certainly managed to have more twists than I expected in a really satisfying way. So happy we’re getting more and can’t wait for Perlman 2.0

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Borscht posted:

You must have missed the part where he was saying that he hated the whole family.

ah, a redemption arc for having done said coverup

Annabel Pee
Dec 29, 2008
Anyone know who that Dont think twice its alright cover is by?

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

The character trait of reciting Blues Traveler lyrics is so loving good.

Annabel Pee posted:

Anyone know who that Dont think twice its alright cover is by?

Burt Ives

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

CatstropheWaitress posted:

The character trait of reciting Blues Traveler lyrics is so loving good.

hahaha gently caress is that all it was? I thought it was poetry, maybe even something he wrote himself.

I mean I guess song lyrics are also poetry but lol that makes it seem a whole lot less erudite.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I would totally watch Cliff Notice

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Specifically, it's the bridge segment of the song "The Hook", which is up there with Bare Naked Ladies for whittest rap.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdz5kCaCRFM

Annabel Pee
Dec 29, 2008

Thanks, I’ve heard loads of versions but that’s such a good cover, the score underneath really adds something to it, it’s got Jim Croce vibes.

Been listening to that Blues Traveller song on repeat since too, and agreed it’s awesome except the whole whitest rap ever bit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

You're talking into the speaker, man.