Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
5 second street cars yeeeeeesh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

amenenema
Feb 10, 2003

Both "street" and "five second" are being stretched to their absolute limits though, but as we all know technically correct is the best kind of correct!

I'm about an hour from Steve's shop, wonder if I should offer to grab his spare trans and drive it down. I'd take payment in the form of a ride-along for one rip.

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
I'm gonna be following everyone's favorite giraffe and his coverage, and probably KSR's

amenenema
Feb 10, 2003

MazeOfTzeentch posted:

I'm gonna be following everyone's favorite giraffe and his coverage, and probably KSR's

It's wild now that every racer has a channel too - used to be 1320 or nothing (HRDW not withstanding) and now it's interesting to see the various perspectives vs the "overall" coverage.

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
If you haven't watched Formula E from India today you owe it to yourself to watch it, it's an absolute banger.

VPN to the UK and go to the Channel 4 Sport YouTube channel and you can find the no commerical international feed there.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Watching the Superbowl and the bump music for an ad break was whatever the song is that I know as the "Radio Le Mans Hourly Update" song.

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
She Sells Sanctuary

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCOSPtyZAPA

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Pescarolo are back next year and will also run Peugots.

So somehow we are getting even more Hype for next year

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
Misc. Auto Racing 2024: cramming it into H even harder

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

algebra testes posted:

Pescarolo are back next year and will also run Peugots.

So somehow we are getting even more Hype for next year

Monsieur Pescarolo isn’t involved in the team, so let’s see if the money turns up. We’re bound to have a customer hypercar team run into problems, this is sports car racing after all.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Yeah, got a whiff of the various Lotii about it.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Nothing planned for Sebring weekend so guess I'll be watching some of that.

Also apparently wife planned a date weekend in Ithaca for 6hrs at the glen so guess I'll be going there on Saturday to wish wickos the same luck I brought being in the pit box last year.

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
I'm in a 6-day class for Sebring, gonna miss most of both races :negative:

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

There are 16 hypercars on the entry list for Le Mans from 7 manufacturers. Also a Nascar.

https://www.24h-lemans.com/en/2023-entry-list

It's going to be so loving good.

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome
Iron Dames in a Porchse rather than a Ferrari is new to me; Michael Fassbender in a Proton Porsche, and only 1 Corvette. Really excited that this is the year we're going.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Arcella posted:

Iron Dames in a Porchse rather than a Ferrari is new to me; Michael Fassbender in a Proton Porsche, and only 1 Corvette. Really excited that this is the year we're going.
Some Danish hosts on Eurosport, I think, were talking about Iron Dames being in an LMPh - but I guess that's not in the cards.
Still, 10 Danish race drivers is, I think I'm right in saying, a record.

I'm also a fan of there only being three classes of much more equal size.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Arcella posted:

Iron Lynx (and therefore the Dames) have switched allegiance and are becoming a factory Lamborghini effort, hence running that at the Daytona 24 last month. And next year, when the Lamborghini LMDH arrives, they’ll be the team to first run it (alongside Prema). So that would make running a Ferrari this year a bit awkward!

Three Cadillacs, four Porsches (three factory plus the JOTA car) and a second Glickenhaus are the additions for Le Mans on top of the standard WEC Hypercar group. Should be fun.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

harperdc posted:

Iron Lynx (and therefore the Dames) have switched allegiance and are becoming a factory Lamborghini effort, hence running that at the Daytona 24 last month. And next year, when the Lamborghini LMDH arrives, they’ll be the team to first run it (alongside Prema). So that would make running a Ferrari this year a bit awkward!

Three Cadillacs, four Porsches (three factory plus the JOTA car) and a second Glickenhaus are the additions for Le Mans on top of the standard WEC Hypercar group. Should be fun.
It's not news that Deborah Mayer, and therefore Iron Lynx, switched to Lamborghini - it was known last year, at the very least.

And yeah, the LMPh field looks interesting - but I still can't get over how nice it is that each class is roughly the same size.
It should get much better chance of real competition in each of them, instead of half the field being taken up by LMP2 as it's been some years.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

The only surprise there, other than Jim glickenhaus finding some change down the back of his couch is Action Express, which is great to see.

Actually there's another, Proton have a 963 entered for the WEC and it's not there. Guessing that's not getting delivered on time then.

Dudley fucked around with this message at 13:40 on Feb 28, 2023

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Dudley posted:

The only surprise there, other than Jim glickenhaus finding some change down the back of his couch is Action Express, which is great to see.

Actually there's another, Proton have a 963 entered for the WEC and it's not there. Guessing that's not getting delivered on time then.

Action Express apparently won/earned one of the automatic bids from IMSA, so it's nice they can bring the LMDH over (or that three chassis will be over there).

seems like Proton don't think they'll make it to Spa or Le Mans with the 963, which is a bit of a shame.

Angryhead
Apr 4, 2009

Don't call my name
Don't call my name
Alejandro

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCzYNweLaXs

quote:

"Henri was level above us all. He was fast." - World Champion and Group B legend Ari Vatanen on May 2nd 1986, after the tragic news from the island of Corsica had arrived.

This is the story of Henri Toivonen rising to the top of the world with Lancia - by winning the 1986 Rally Monte Carlo and ending the domination of Peugeot and Audi. He was going to be a champion.

Heroes live forever.
This channel makes great stuff and this new vide on rally legend Henri Toivonen is quality as well.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

harperdc posted:

Action Express apparently won/earned one of the automatic bids from IMSA, so it's nice they can bring the LMDH over (or that three chassis will be over there).

seems like Proton don't think they'll make it to Spa or Le Mans with the 963, which is a bit of a shame.

Yeah, they're entered with 4 911s (3 of which are not WEC entries) so I'm guessing that's the same people redeployed plus the ELMS and IMSA crew.

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome
Also it's silly but I'm excited to see a NASCAR at Le Mans

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

Lemans now fully sold out. I was planning to take the train from Paris to the track in the morning right before the race but lordy this might be a shitshow.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

pretty reasonable to do that, but the tram to the track will be rammed

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
LM's been sold out for at least a month now. It's gonna be wiiiild

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

You know it’s drag race week when the cops are on your hotel floor more than you

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/TomBrady/status/1630942038601474049

BUMBACLOT
Jun 19, 2008

Great to see Brady in full divorced dad mode getting in to sim racing

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Lol if Tom Brady becomes a gentleman driver for a gt team, he's going to make that Russian dude from Blancpain GT series look like a racing legend

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
He's going to win Le Mans 7 times.

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
He looks like he's doing an ad inside a mobile game for another mobile game

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Gold Porsche :flashfap:

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

The Tom Brady on the back though..

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

i'm gonna buy a shitbox and paint it with high life branding

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

ArmZ posted:

i'm gonna buy a shitbox and paint it with high life branding
thats what Jota already did :v:

get it cause the 963 was slow at daytona

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Since Brady's NFT nonsense blew up, I'm half expecting his car to blow up too.

Just a little bit, not enough to hurt anyone.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
Better check he doesn't deflate the tyres.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
Have some racing. It's the pace laps as I type...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Abstmt_xLdw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I think the dude’s ok.

https://twitter.com/ratfacedmoonboy/status/1631816279261626371