Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Nothing planned for Sebring weekend so guess I'll be watching some of that.

Also apparently wife planned a date weekend in Ithaca for 6hrs at the glen so guess I'll be going there on Saturday to wish wickos the same luck I brought being in the pit box last year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

coconono posted:

Take some good ear plugs and yes! It basically like a county fair except the cars explode on purpose.

Double up even. Ear plugs and then muffs over it.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Dudley posted:

Yeah, it's a scam to me. I cringe everytime someone says "We can't go racing without them".

Then maybe your multi billion sport can loving pay the people who could save your life one day.

Yeah Marshalls for semi pro and pro series should 100% get paid.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

i'll boycot this until GT comes to PC

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Good news is it's going to be kinda lovely this weekend so will be sweet to put on the 24h.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

two hundred and thirty three MPH lap speed!

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

I get soaked in anticipation of every endurance race

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

So is Motortrend+ worth it to watch the race in the USA? Or will there be better / free options with a VPN?

I'm fine with paying $5 for a month to watch the race, but don't want it to be a bullshit service like Peacock is for Indycar, with not having the side by side and just lovely elevator music in place of ads.

The coverage is decent I usually use it for lemans and it's not terrible trash.
Note.. Mototrend is FREE*

(they don'' retain their records for very long or something)
Next year.. Sign in, subscribe up for the free week.. Rinse, repeat.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

The goodwood coverage I watched a little of kinda made me a bit mad because they kept talking about lame crap to stop dead air.. I just wanted to hear each of the cool cars make real neat car noises.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Xerol posted:

TBH that's all I want out of a lot of events. I'll pay extra even, just make no-commentary feeds available please.

I mean it's neat hearing that billy pip is driving the car when the original leather gloves that Peter bibbens wore when he drove the 1968 automobile to victory in lemans . But also lemme hear that baby purr.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

I went to the firematic races this evening always a great time and there's racecars.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

coconono posted:

so we're out in the Dallas are at the Texas Motorplex, and I just saw the slowest wall bonk. Dude's steering wheel broke off and he slowly ran into the wall. Header snapped off unfortunately tho

Amazon / nrg wheel owner spotted

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

coconono posted:

not enough engine noise, enjoy some bangers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5iUam2jZeg

some bangers and smash.. hell yeah .

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Finger Prince posted:

Wreckfest for Playstation (might be on steam too) is so fun.

It is and it probably is on sale soon. Or I think it's on game pass for PC as well.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Oh man I can't believe I missed the roar before.

Oh is the 24 actually being streamed on peacock? May have to stay subscribed. My kids r gunna be sad next weekend.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Bloopsy posted:

I used it the last two years for Daytona and it sucked. Enjoy!

IMSA is always the better feed but sometimes dealing with a VPN and poo poo for a roku connected tv just isn't worth it. Also my living room and bedroom are torn apart due to ongoing renovations so I don't have a lot of room to plop a laptop down and HDMI it.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Imsa is leaps and bounds better iirc.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

coconono posted:

I just watch whatever trash I can find on youtube. Oval racing in general doesn't groove my brain right. Unless its crown victorias.

Cletus n cars was kinda cool and fun to watch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Mx5 racing is some of the best road racing out there. I was busy for the race so will fire it up this morning with coffee