Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Garbanzo
Sep 14, 2010
Bathurst 12 hour is on this weekend with a far wider field than we've seen since 2020. Rossi is also attending driving a pro class M4GT3 for wrt with farfus and and martin as co drivers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Garbanzo
Sep 14, 2010
He got to go out in one of the bronze driver practice sessions today and for a first trip to the mountain did solidly well with a 2:05 topping the time sheet for the session. Somehow think he'll go alright come race day

Dr. Garbanzo
Sep 14, 2010
Well if qualifying is anything to go by Maro engels dipped below the 2:01 second mark to score pole. I don't remember the cars cutting a lap that fast previously. Rossi's car is back in 5th but it's a long old race so we'll see what shakes out

Dr. Garbanzo
Sep 14, 2010
Before the safety car came out Rossi was holding onto a credible 3rd a second slower a lap than the cars in front of him

Dr. Garbanzo
Sep 14, 2010

harperdc posted:

Bathurst 12 Hour is almost 1/3 of the way done:

https://www.youtube.com/live/yfS3OXbrpdU

After seeing the Rossi BMW, I’m now convinced that the ACO/FIA changed the rules about car number fonts a couple years back anticipating a need to incorporate that 46 in future years.

Yeah I hadn't noticed till you pointed it out but I still kinda fits the themes of the other cars number boards. It still has the correct top and bottom sections on the numbers

Dr. Garbanzo
Sep 14, 2010

BlankSystemDaemon posted:

drat it, I forgot about Bathurst!

The run down from the top of the track with the dips on the inside is just.. pwoah!

Its scary enough in a normal road car doing the speed limit of 60km/h cause the whole run is blind. In saying that though it does flow very nicely

Dr. Garbanzo
Sep 14, 2010
and the rossi car is out of contention after having to spend time cleaning the oil off the tail lights

Dr. Garbanzo
Sep 14, 2010
I got back from the shops just in time to see that happen. Now to see if Campbell can pull off one of his overtaking specials

Dr. Garbanzo
Sep 14, 2010
Next up in the ICGT championship is the Kyalami 9 hour which despite being 2 weeks away has gently caress all info for. I'm sure the same sorts of drivers that where kicking around bathurst will be in attendance.

Dr. Garbanzo
Sep 14, 2010
I get the feeling the record crowd numbers at Bathurst had a direct correlation to Rossi driving in the race. A mate who’s always been really into bike racing went out to see it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Garbanzo
Sep 14, 2010
Kinda sad I won't get to spend all of sunday watching the race as usual cause I have stuff on. Won't even get to stay up late for the start due to said things on.