Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome
Iron Dames in a Porchse rather than a Ferrari is new to me; Michael Fassbender in a Proton Porsche, and only 1 Corvette. Really excited that this is the year we're going.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome
Also it's silly but I'm excited to see a NASCAR at Le Mans

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome
I think they should reply in the thread because I’m going and am also curious :kiddo:

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome
I went with a tour group since I'm bringing my parents who are in their 70s, we're staying in Tours and taking a shuttle in. We have Tribune 23 grandstand seats and I expect the girls will go back to the hotel overnight but my dad and I are going to stay for the 24h.

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome
Just don’t ask where he was Jan 6.

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome
Hopefully the Vantoors don’t play bumper cars again this year.

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome
I have this on at work and people keep calling it NASCAR <:mad:>

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome
Anyone know when they're sending out the (?digital) Le Mans tickets?

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome
Weird, still haven’t gotten ours from the tour group.

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome
I saw on Daily Sportscar that the 787b will be there, I hope to see it run but I don't think we'll be at the track until Saturday.

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome
RIP Darksky

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome
I made a late purchase of some inflatable cushions after seeing a suggestion on Reddit, didn’t think about multiple hours of bleacher sitting.

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome
As long as Kobayashi doesn’t punt them into the gravel I’ll be happy.

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome
September 1 in Texas? Was Hell booked?

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome
80% chance of rain and 1.5” forecasted now. We’ll be in the T23 grandstand and my dad and I are doing the grid walk. I feel like we’re the only Americans not wearing race/car branded polos l.

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome
Gridwalk was so fuckin crowded you could barely see the cars. Almost bumped into Michelle Gatting though.

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome
I’m glad I went but Jesus I want to lie down.

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome

I’d recommend bringing a folding chair even if you have a grandstand seat; the Motul grandstand at the Ford chicane is a great view, but even if you are the only person in the grandstand you can’t really lean back because of the way the seat is designed. (No back, but like a butt indention and then a hump at the rear. The start/finish straight grandstands have backs like those plastic school chairs.

If/when I go back I may just save up for a hospitality tent, I was about ready to spring for the ACO membership but when I walked by it was full/sold out. I’m certainly not going to COTA September 1 without being able to be in the air conditioning.

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome
There’s spigots like you’d attach a hose to!

When WEC was at COTA in 2016 they had these huge coolers for refilling water which I thought was a good move to avoid heat injuries.

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome
I’m watching the Motortrend VOD of Le Mans and there’s some weird audio stuff going on. Looking forward to when WEC puts it up on YouTube. Just went back to green after that lap 1 crash.

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome
I’m trying to watch the archive but MotorTrend keeps taking it down and now they have smaller vids up but not number 5 which contains where I was.

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome
Yeah that’s still 3 days away and I was finishing hour 4 last night!!!

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome

curried lamb of God posted:

Is this the first IMSA race with the Proton 963?

Blomqvist making a late surge here on Nasr

edit: Ben Keating gang we are so back

Hell yeah can't wait to watch later. The proton 963 debuted at the WEC Monza race but this is its first IMSA outing.

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome
Sounds worse than what happened at Petit Le Mans and teams there were bitching and moaning about driver quality. They did have an LMP2 take out like 3 cars though.

(I'm not halfway through yet but I did see some screenshots of the end :eyepop:)

Arcella fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Oct 26, 2023

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome
I still have like 1:45 left on Petit Le Mans, then I'll watch the archive of Bahrain

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome

Colostomy Bag posted:

Just a heads up, Sonny Pitt will be at Daytona for some filming.

who?