Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
Driftworks rubbering up the GP section of the ring for tommow by the looks of it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZDSbR3Dc8E

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
Great advert for aspiring Porsche owners though.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

MazeOfTzeentch posted:

The 296 won one of the N24 qualifying races too so it wasn't its first win but first major endurance win for sure.

Also the "get rid of slower cars" take is probably the worst take in the history of takes. N24 is the last major endurance race that you can show up with a group of mates in a car you built and prepped yourselves and that gives the race an entirely unique and wonderful character and to turn that into a race for only off the shelf customer cars would be a terrible loss for the sport.

You could argue that undersells it somewhat, you can't just show up, you have to have passed your DTP(?) as well which is like a separate license to race at the ring.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
Reminder that it's the annual fortnight long celebration of the highest form of being a bit mad:

https://www.iomttraces.com/racing/page/2023-schedule/

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

BlankSystemDaemon posted:

RLM RLM RLM RLM RLM RLM RLM.

For sure. I'm not sure it would feel right watching Le Mans without it be commentated in a Geordie accent.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Bip Roberts posted:

Did Charles get a stint?

The fuckers did me wrong again.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

algebra testes posted:

Wait is Toyota in the lead again??

Ferrari poo poo itself in the pits.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

they can't help themselves

They've managed to pit since and it managed to keep its undies clean. I eagerly await having my heart broken at some point in the next three and a half hours.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
who has that photo of the old dude from toyota?

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

:kiss:

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

refleks posted:

Charles get the gently caress out of that garage. You're bad juju.

:smuggo:

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

smackfu posted:

Thoughts on the TV coverage as a first time watcher…

Night shots where half the screen is white glare from the headlights is silly.
They should rotate the timing tower more instead of leaving it on hypercars for minutes at a time.
Cutting to slow motion shots of cars going over the curbs got pretty old. And was there background music to this?
MotorSport+ was worth paying $5 for. Good quality, no ads.

I'm glad I wasn't the only one wondering if they were losing their mind over the extremely quiet Halo/World of Warcraft theme music to those replays.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
The result proves the rules can be dumb as hell and I still get to laugh at Jack Aitken binning it on the first half of the opening lap of a 24 hour race. :colbert:

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Mokotow posted:

Having electrics poo poo on you in your amazing Ferrari is the most Italian thing ever

It made the victory all the sweeter. The only way it could've been better would be if they stuffed a banana skin into the diff to mask the whine.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
100 cars thrashing round the 'ring for four hours? :getin:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOo4BgqUdVk

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
I was at Silverstone today for a drift clown event and on the way out past the Porsche centre I spotted two 919s in their post-WEC gently caress your lap records and farewell liveries and had to pull up.

It actually hurt my heart a little bit to see those two priceless pieces of history parked up, nose to tail, hidden away with moss and algae on them. I've tried Googling but I'm not finding anything on why they'd be there in such a borderline abandoned state. I'm guessing they are just shells with no drive train in them.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
It's a good couple of hours to Goodwood from Silverstone, my best guess was that they were the chasssis used on the farewell tour when they derestricted them and went on a European tour of breaking lap records and just transported the drivetrain?

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
F1 will probably be poo poo this weekend but I'm sure there will be some good racing at the Silverstone festival - lots of old school cars getting the dentist treatment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvxMTFl5kOM

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Dudley posted:

For Porsche's parts department certainly.

For everyone who didn't see.

He wiped out an LMP2 car, which is an effort in a GTE. Pitting to fix that meant he hadn't hit minimum drive time.

So he came back out with 10 minutes to go, immediately spun in turn 1, wiped out an LMP3.

I'm actually kind of impressed at that level of binmanship.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
Are Jense is back for WEC next year with Porsche

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

i can't believe they put a 75 year old behind the wheel of a porsche and he immediately binned it

Lmao