Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
Apparently the ARX-06 never ran more than 5 consecutive hours prior to the event. The V6 in the Acura is good - too bad it won’t be seen in Indycar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
Toyota’s pace is crazy, Ferrari impressed as well.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

harperdc posted:

You talk about pink racing cars and forget sports cars in this, of all threads? Shameful.

I love the Italya livery.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
Liam Lawson became the first rookie to win on debut in Japanese Formula Car racing in 45 years - the last rookie to do that was Marc Surer.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
Really entertaining Super Formula race - Mugen/Nojiri won but for a time a brand new team looked like they’d win (TGM.)

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
Really good Super Formula race.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
Solid race.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
De Vries might be a little worried about Liam Lawson. Another great qualifying performance in Super Formula.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
Lawson won Yesterday’s Super Formula race. Great performance.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
Really good Super Formula season so far.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
There is an app I have Directly owned by Super Formula itself but I am in Canada.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
Liam Lawson is very good.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
Yeah the Super GT race was fantastic.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
Wild SF race.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

Dudley posted:

Vanwall kicked out of the WEC, 3rd Ferrari approved, Pescarolo Peugeot didn't happen.

Expected 9 GT3 teams.

https://www.motorsport.com/wec/news/third-ferrari-lmh-receives-approval-as-wec-issues-37-car-entry-list-for-2024/10552559/

Vanwall is such a weird rear end brand to revive I've never understood it. Vanwall never was sportscar team either - they were in F1, and in any case the name was dormant for like 60+ years.

The 680 was pretty, however it was poorly designed. The Gibson V8 was apparently losing between 60-80HP if it was hot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

Dudley posted:

Yeah, supposedly they've swapped engines in the thing, although I'm not sure to what.

And it probably doesn't matter now. I suspect they were undone by them failing to up the grid to 40. They'll struggle to get in next year too unless at least one manufacturer starts the inevitable future bust phase.

They considered a V10 of…some make however it appears they have gone with the Pipo V8 Twin-Turbo 3.5L from the Glickenhaus.