Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners

Space Camp fuckup posted:

The GTP Cadillacs sound incredible

The Acuras sound good too, but man, that Caddy is insane

First-time viewer here, Gran Turismo got me interested in sportscar racing. Where's the 787B

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners
We have GrosjeanCam :toot:

The coldness is something I hadn't considered - not only are drivers on cold tires when they leave the pits, but the ambient temperature is near freezing and the track is cold. Definitely different from what I see in F1

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners

Dudley posted:

Oh did it drop more than they thought overnight then, about when I was watching yesterday evening UK they didn't expect it to go below 60F track temp.

EDIT : Yeah it's 67F out there right now at 5:30am, not exactly near freezing.

Oh man, I must've misunderstood the broadcast team

Grosjean back out there

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners

biglads posted:

Porsche #6 just spewed a load of smoke. Race looks over for them.

Oof, they just showed the replay of the #6 on the super speedway and it looks bad

Just looked at the timing, the #7 BMW made up a ton of laps overnight :stare: They were down like 133 laps and now only 16

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners

Sexual Lorax posted:

sure youre not thinking of the number 25 bmw theyre still down 133 laps

edit

imsa radio just mentioned https://livetiming.alkamelsystems.com/imsa/ which i wish i knew about at the start of the race

the live position map is a treat

Ah gently caress you're right

Holy poo poo that LMP2 ending

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners
the GTPs are having a hell of a time braking, massive lock-up for one of the Porsches on the first turn and I've seen a few more as well

Laguna Seca is beautiful, would love to see any race there at some point

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners
And it's their pay driver holding off Robert Kubica, too

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners
Yeah I'm definitely paying for + next year, the commercial cutaways on the cable channel were really annoying. Fantastic race, I tuned in around 11 PM (Eastern) hoping to catch half an hour or so, but ended up watching until 3 AM.

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners
the BMW prototypes are cursed, one of them spins into the wall right after turn 1 due to cold tires

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners
Jaminet drove his rear end off, erased a 10 second lead in like 5 laps and that pass in traffic was insane

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners
Is this the first IMSA race with the Proton 963?

Blomqvist making a late surge here on Nasr

edit: Ben Keating gang we are so back

curried lamb of God fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Aug 6, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners
Where's the best place to watch Super GT? It sounds like a fascinating series and I love the old school JGTC cars in Gran Turismo