Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

https://i.imgur.com/Ftncixz.mp4

Space Camp fuckup fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Jan 27, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

The GTP Cadillacs sound incredible

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

I was curious to see how Toyota would stack up against all the new competition. The answer is: Pretty good! On the broadcast the mentioned this year’s car was about 2.5 seconds faster than last year’s.

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

curried lamb of God posted:

the GTPs are having a hell of a time braking, massive lock-up for one of the Porsches on the first turn and I've seen a few more as well

Laguna Seca is beautiful, would love to see any race there at some point

That new 963, the #5 just did the same drat thing

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Shumagorath posted:

Is there no booth commentary on Motortrend+ now or is my audio mix hosed?

It’s not just you

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Brass Hand posted:

Is the Motortrend coverage on the app only or is it broadcast on something?

It should be on their cable channel too, but I think it’ll have commercials

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Mokotow posted:

Started watching endurance racing literally a few weeks ago with Nurburgring 24 where I saw a Dacia Sandero being split in half by a GT3 car. Le Mans is awesome so far, I am certainly enjoying it more than F1 which is in a but of a dire spot.

Sportscar racing in general and endurance racing specifically is much more interesting than F1. It’s a lot less sterile.

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

That was a great race! Cool to see the Lexus cars win in GTD and GTD Pro. @BoziTatarevic is worth following on Twitter, he’s a pit crew guy for them.

Jaminet drove his rear end off, erased a 10 second lead in like 5 laps and that pass in traffic was insane

It seems like it always comes down to the last 20 minutes. IMSA should be more popular but I’m not going to complain about $100 weekend passes.

Space Camp fuckup fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Jun 25, 2023

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

coconono posted:

we just had a double top fuel shutoff during our TV window. Mike Salinas was convinced his dragster was going to blow so he got out and ran into the stands.

Drag racing fuckin rules.

I don’t watch much drag racing but I always enjoy your posts about it. 20 years ago my dad and uncle raced a Firebird in NHRA. Can’t remember the class they were in (maybe stock or super stock?) but they usually were in the 11 second range if I remember right. I used to travel with them and help where I could. Cool scene, cool people.

All the strips in the Phoenix area are gone now. I miss it a lot!

Space Camp fuckup fucked around with this message at 01:12 on Jul 15, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Where's the best place to watch Super GT? It sounds like a fascinating series and I love the old school JGTC cars in Gran Turismo

I think motorsport.tv has it