Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

Lemans now fully sold out. I was planning to take the train from Paris to the track in the morning right before the race but lordy this might be a shitshow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

ArmZ posted:

i'm gonna buy a shitbox and paint it with high life branding
thats what Jota already did :v:

get it cause the 963 was slow at daytona

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

Number_6 posted:

There was a pretty hilarious Indycar race today, is there not even an Indycar 2023 thread?

Thread is pretty fully moved to Discord now

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

SlowBloke posted:

If you have purchased a green ticket for LM24, ACO has started sending confirmation emails to learn what eco friendly transportation you will use. I'm going for the full masochist option of trains(which is still less painful of the electric car alternative i could use by then).

They asked for the longest leg of the trip, so i uploaded the Bordeaux to Paris leg of my larger Barcelona to Le Mans choochoo itinerary? I guess I did this right? We will see how much they care.

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

I'm another first timer to Le Mans (but not endurance races) flying in from Los Angeles and then coming into Le Mans by train from Caen the morning of the race. Have a tiny airbnb in the city center that cost me an arm and a leg. I paid the extra 46 euro to have access to the ACO members area to try to avoid having to buy/haul a chair around and hopefully get some wifi access, we will see if my plan is succesful.

I booked my train out of Le Mans like an hour before the race actually ends (there weren't great options with my railpass), so bit of a bummer. Have every appendage in my body crossed that the strikes in europe stay at bay for June lol.

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

btw, since i think Indycar is moving into the Misc thread, it is fast friday at Indy, and we are in the discord!

https://twitter.com/IndyCaronNBC/status/1659602533311037454

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

SlowBloke posted:

I know they are different things, but you cannot deny that, even if it's done on a smaller budget, there is sneer on n24 from a lot of endurance fans due to the feeling that is a circus instead of a proper race.

But that’s what it… is. It’s an am race that’s kind of a circus, that’s the point. Making it more like the other enduros would make it less special, not more imo.

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

Arcella posted:

Anyone know when they're sending out the (?digital) Le Mans tickets?

I got an email when i bought the ticket in December with a link to download it.

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

Wundeground is showing a high chance of rain but a tiny amount of actual precipitation, a peak of half a millimeter an hour during the race. The lightning chance is prolly a bigger concern tbh

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

I’m technically doing 1665km on 7 trains between now and raceday, plus the earlier 13hrs/9000km-ish of flying. But that’s by choice cause I wanted to tour around a bit.

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

SlowBloke posted:

Plenty of yanks wearing t-shirts and other non-wec aligned apparel in the village.

Can confirm, wearing my Indycar hat and Indy 500 tshirt on my way to the track now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

Finger Prince posted:

Do you think we'll ever see the Audi diesels in historic/support races, or do you think VAG memory-holed anything related to diesel and they'll never see light of day again?

There are only 2 R10 TDIs that are in private hands, the two cars Kolles ran. One sold last year and is apparently in full racing condition, so might pop up in HSR/SVRA some day.

https://www.artandrevs.com/car.php?id=632

There is also only one R15 and one R18 in private hands, both changed hands last year too. The more recent the cars get though, the more difficult they would be to run without full engine swaps or factory support.