Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
Tio does currently seem like the only adult in the room somehow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

Hwurmp posted:

also Towa

The figure site that keeps suggesting every Trails figure to me went "you want Long Towa, right?" the other day and it was horrifying

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

Erpy posted:

- You HAVE seen a baby in a Trails game before.

I want you to know I just began cackling like a hyena. Of loving course that's the one I'd blank out.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
I hope to high heaven that this entire game keeps one-upping itself on dumbass names.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

Hwurmp posted:

believe it

or not I guess

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GM-e46xdcUo

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
While you all wait for more content, someone just discovered the orbal department stores are real, please enjoy

https://twitter.com/rusty_shackles/status/1637147768908021760

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
The big reason I prefer the later system is it means I can more easily change quartz regularly. In CS, if I want to, say, remove an Information from one person and put it on another because I have a better fit for one character, I swap two orbs and I know what everyone's spells are. If I were to do this in Sky/Crossbell, this has a chance of completely loving two characters' builds and skills, Arts-wise, without a lot of trying to make sure I'm only shifting equivalent elements.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
I forgot how many spit-takes and choke-laughs I was responsible for this recording session.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
Fishing is to this continent what... I don't know how to make this metaphor non-offensive but I was gonna call it as addictive as crack.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

CmdrKing posted:

Fishing is to Zemuria as coffee is to America: some might avoid it but a randomly selected persona will almost certainly do it, with a 50/50 chance of not being able to function without it.

Heyyyyyyy. :(

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

Cyouni posted:

No reason to visit the hospital, you say...what about : new dialogue?

As long as we can finally use the buses.

Please don't tell me anyone ever appears at the campsites or other middle areas.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

Hwurmp posted:

it always comes back to combat data somehow

I think my favorite version of this is that I am currently playing Wolfstride*, a game about mechs, where since you can't just have a bunch of random encounters for your giant mech if you want to practice piloting/test a build, someone just goes "they make video games about this, what if we just run all your grinding on an SNES game to do test runs?" and so the in-universe explanation for how you test efficiency or do random battles is that you go over to a dinky little CRT and beat the poo poo out of randomly generated mechs and/or "data" based on prior bosses you input post-battle.

* for a podcast

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

Admiral H. Curtiss posted:

e: I tried to verify this but I can't actually find anything, so I think I'm actually wrong here. In fact, every source I find says that these chest monsters always give 1 EXP regardless of when you do them.

You tempted me to go loving around with this and so I took our latest saves out for an experiment. It taught me a lot of things!

First off: in-battle HP values are not the same in memory as out-of-battle HP values. When I finished the fight, everyone came back to life at 100%. In the middle of the fight, only a very quick memory search after Randy survived the first hit allowed this to even work. Look at how smug he is.

But it looks like those sources are correct. Even running around 5 levels beneath the enemies, two bigass murder-apes were only worth 1 XP each. The reward was the chest item.

While I was poking under the hood, I decided to look at the fish fillets from last chapter we got out of RNG. Turns out there were 16 possible items we could have spawned and those were on the low side. We truly hosed up some amazing luck there.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

Hwurmp posted:

"Just stay off the ground. Heh" - Arios, probably

Ohhhh, there's your problem, someone put the character sprite together wrong. Here, I'll have that fixed for you in a jiffy.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

- Please tell me that "90" refers to kilometers per hour. In mph that's probably edging into the range of "stunt driving" charges.
- After watching this video my tongue is sore from biting it so much. Which is not to say you got all your wild theories and guesses correct, you did get some things wrong.

a) I would never use kilometers.
b) That's the best part of shotgunning out anything that comes to mind is I'm guaranteed some hits with the spread!

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

Erpy posted:

- You do meet Vaan's alcoholic dad eventually, though not in this game. And when you meet him, I imagine your first reaction is gonna be "of course, THAT'S the name they gave him".

Basch?

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

- Ouroboros is not actually up to Enforcer XIX yet. Do not look it up.
This definitely means someone at some point is going to turn on us, the players, and I am going to get stupid with my internal guesses as to the most sinister figures imaginable as a result.

Erpy posted:

[Vaan's father's name is] Bacchus
loving excellent.

- Those Banana Blades have Deathblow, so watch out.
I want you to know that this has just sent me on a no-lie one minute long string of laughter all over again. Of course the loving bananas have instakill attacks! Sure! Why not?! There's a potassium sensitivity joke here but I have no characters in Crossbell I can make this about.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
It might be better to think of it this way: an actual discussion of a day/chapter between the two of us can go so much smoother if we just dig in on the characters who we notice, enjoy, or remember as opposed to three horndogs in each district and 12 old folks who might be spies battering on about "did you know? Blatant foreshadowing!" that we then have to pretend we have much to add to. Especially since a lot of our wildest theorycrafting comes between sessions, after we chew on things or the both of us revisit material in editing/listening to the latest release.

Also it means we can play at our own pace instead of block chunks on a schedule.

Level 1 Thief posted:

* we actually tried that once as a commentary track for an FMV game with very strict video policy. it didn't really work so it never got posted anywhere.

Oh yeah, I don't think we ever said this anywhere: we also just have this unspoken policy of "if one or both of us don't feel like something worked, we scrap it" ever since some of our older material? So we promise there will be quality control. Tech tests and experiments happen all the time for "is this a thing? No." reasons. It's why as much as I tease it, we'll never have that Neptunia thread with me at the controls: the vibes are incredibly off.

claw game handjob fucked around with this message at 17:25 on Oct 23, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
As a longtime Puyo sicko I cannot wait to encounter this and, if it's as bad as this sounds, savage it.