Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
Just popping in to say that I'm following this thread, but I don't have near as much of a knowledge on this game as I did the Cold Steel series, as I've only played it .98 times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction

Hwurmp posted:

Jazz Bar Garante sells jazz, obviously; they have a two-jazz minimum

e: if Detective Points makes you uncomfortable, you'd really hate the original concept of Department-Validated Detective Accomplishments

So did I, but now I'm pushing 40.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction

Level 1 Thief posted:

Last boss is that bad, huh?

Dungeon. It's insanely long. I just got bored and started playing... something, and then never finished.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction

Delphisage posted:

You think Zero's final dungeon is long, of all things? I'm pretty sure it's the shortest in this franchise. Seems more like falling off the game right at the end to do other stuff and not feeling like finishing it.

I thought it was boring and ugly. Maybe that made it feel too long.

But, as much as I enjoyed the game beforehand, I just... couldn't do it at that time. I'll probably pick it up again.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction

Erpy posted:

- Huey was the red nephew. The green one was Louie.
- On the bracer board, "perimeter patrol" (or "Erebonia/Remiferia") means "don't bother looking for this bracer this timeblock".
- Aeolia is essentially albino Anelace, as you no doubt immediately took note of.
- Estelle's reaction to Tita in Sky was also along the lines of "we could take her home, she'd be like a pet who'd cheer us up whenever we felt down" before Joshua commented on how hosed up that sounded.
- Grace wouldn't be able to afford a luxury apartment in Villa Raisins, but you do find out who lives there eventually, long before Sammie does.
- That door in the back alley is open in Azure for exactly one segment and if you miss it then, the recipe behind it is lost forever. I found this out the hard way. But yeah, it does lead to the department store's behind-the-counter section even if the door's not obvious from inside.
- In the pre-Geofront fan translations, Grizzly Grimm's nickname was "Mister Beardy Bear". It was used in serious conversations the same way nicknames like "Divine Blade", "Radiant Blademaster" and "Icy Maiden" were used. It was hilarious.
- You're not the only one who noticed Inspector Dudley's similarity to Machias. Take note that this is Machias' menu portrait post-Cold Steel II.

They're not even being subtle. I'm pretty sure that Falcom, when coming up with characters to be part of Class VII, thought something along the lines of: "Alright, we already have a blond tsundere with mommy issues, a harem lord who can go super-Saian and operate a huge mecha, a snooty noble with a chip on his shoulder, a snarky emotionless kid, a mysterious girl with big boobs who is mysterious, a sword lady who swords, a music note in human form and a guy who says "wind" a lot, but we're still missing something. Oh, I know: how about a younger, dorkier Dudley with a slightly smaller stick up his butt?"

Carl Regnitz sure was thoughtful to take his wife with him on all his business trips into Crossbell, earlier in his career.