Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.
I get why you'd change this for the official translation, but the Geofront orbal terminal system information is very funny in a 'we just copied the output of dxdiag' kinda way.

Though... looking at this I just realized they hosed up the timestamp in the official version, oops.

e: Hm, something bugged me about this so I checked, and the timestamp is wrong in the original Japanese PSP version too. So good job whoever noticed that in the long chain of what eventually became the Geofront release. It looks like that literally says Windows and AMD here so this might actually just be the dxdiag output of some developer's computer, haha.

Admiral H. Curtiss fucked around with this message at 13:58 on Feb 4, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.
It's even better once you learn that the Japanese version spells it as 'Łazy' in the voice actor credits.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

Despite Zero/Azure largely using the same buff/debuff/ailment mechanics that Cold Steel does (unlike the weird mess that was Sky...), there's one significant difference that you can spot in your battle with Wald here: In Cold Steel, the turn you start casting is a 'free turn' that does not decrement the turn counter or trigger any end-of-turn effects like Poison. In Zero/Azure, they count the same as any other turn. So, for example, if you start your turn with a 3 turn SPD+ and cast an Art, by the time the Art is done casting you only have 1 turn SPD+ left. This also means that it's impossible to refresh your buff with a self-target Art if you have 1 turn left on it before you start casting! This took me a while to get used to.

Admiral H. Curtiss fucked around with this message at 15:10 on Mar 5, 2023

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

Level 1 Thief posted:

which is new for the PH3 ports.

That menu has been there from the start, actually -- probably because the PSP doesn't have Achievements either.

The progress indicator in the menu seems to have been added somewhere along the port chain but I'm not sure where exactly.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

- If someone had a fever of 103 Kelvin, they probably died of hypothermia, as that would be -170 degrees Celsius.

Yeah, English Zemuria uses Fahrenheit for temperatures because someone decided to change the number here back in the PSP translation days...

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

- I don't really know what the deal is with "EXP 1" listed for some powerful enemies, but rest assured that if you beat them, you do get a healthy pile of XP.

It's because of the EXP scaling. If you beat a thing way above your level, you get nothing, similar to as if you had beaten a thing way below your level.

e: I tried to verify this but I can't actually find anything, so I think I'm actually wrong here. In fact, every source I find says that these chest monsters always give 1 EXP regardless of when you do them.

Admiral H. Curtiss fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Aug 22, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

- Pom Pom Party is a real minigame (beginning in Azure) which I'm told is a clone of someting called Puyo Puyo.

I really despise this minigame and I really hope they won't bring it back in any more games. It's like a bad combination of Panel de Pon and Puyo Puyo (which are both great puzzle games!) that completely misses the point of either, and on top of that it's extremely colorblind-unfriendly because all tiles are only differentiated by color.

And yes, I realize that you can't expect a minigame in a giant JRPG to have the same level of depth as an actual standalone puzzle game but ugh, it just feels impossible to set up any intentional combos in it and that pulls the entire fun out of this type of game.