Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Prowler
May 24, 2004

Wow, so he has braided hair/dredlocks? Kinda regretting not playing through with the extra profile picture mods. Also, I missed the quiz, as well! Surprised you can miss something so early.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prowler
May 24, 2004

I have started up Azure, myself, and I still can't believe (fake) MAJOR SPOILERS you still can't buy and hold a balloon from that guy. I reacted the exact same way to that vendor. At least say something like "sorry, I don't like the cops" or something. Instead of sitting there. Taunting me. Asking me if I want something you refuse to give me.

Prowler
May 24, 2004

Polsy posted:

Yeah, the BUSTED/WIN/LOSE graphics have indeed been there since the original release. The dealer even basically says 'ah, I busted' with the classic Japanese formation of take an English word and slap the 'to do' verb on the end of it.

This series has taught me that when the writers want to be horny, they're not going to be subtle about it. In fact, they will make special, one-time use animations to go out of their way to prove their point, if need be.

Prowler
May 24, 2004

Based on history, I assume anyone who has a picture is evil, will eventually become evil, or are actually, in secret, a complete badass trained by the church in the three sheets to the wind style. This applies to this game as much as any other game with special dialog photos.

Of course, this doesn't count in your playthrough thanks to the profiles mod, and the Cold Steel series uses the models as the picture...hmmmm

Prowler
May 24, 2004

I made a small minigame out of running around with Elie on high speed and shooting mofos.

Prowler
May 24, 2004

Merry holidays!

I missed that scene with Joshua and Estelle. This series has a lot of faults, but one thing it tends to do well is build up side stories and side characters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prowler
May 24, 2004

Welcome back!

I love the trope in RPGs where enemies waste a turn hurting themselves, taunting (with no gameplay impact), fighting amongst themselves, etc.