Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Annabel Pee
Dec 29, 2008
I know I'm a bit late to the discussion but I saw some talk of this show in the general chat and thought it could do with its own thread, theres a lot to discuss in here.

I loved the show personally, I know its been hit and miss for some people, I have to wonder if it's due to some people getting worse orders than others? I need to look up if it was actually random or there were different combinations. I though it was a load of fun, Giancarlo crushed it, and the format somehow made it more than the some of its parts rather than being a gimmick.

We got the order:

- Yellow: 6 weeks before the heist
- Green: 7 years
- Blue: 5 days before
- Orange: 3 weeks before
- Violet: 24 years before
- Red: the morning after
- Pink: 6 months after
- White: The heist

Starting with Yellow and Green worked great, they were two of the strongest episodes (diamond heist and the prison flashback) and didn't need too much context.

Ending on Pink before the finale worked great. Pink was basically the finale and then the heist itself was more of an epilogue. I can't imagine what it's like getting Pink earlier in the show and it must completely change the whole thing. Pink completely felt like a finale, it even had an extended length. But then again maybe if I had the two after heist episodes earlier on it would have improved the mystery for some of the others? It would have certainly made it more confusing. I guess its hard to compare which viewing orders are the best since you only get one chance to experience it for the first time and each probably has its own benefits. I wonder if the app gave some people fully chronological or reverse chronological (minus the heist at the end), and what that would be like.

Do you think theres a possibility of a Season 2? I feel like there would be 3 options: Continuing the story, a completely new story with the random order gimmick, or either of the previous but with a brand new gimmick instead of the random order thing (Choose your own adventure etc.).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Just wrapped it up last night. I had the same order. Blue was definitely the weakest for me because I could not stand the FBI aspect of the plot. The amount of bullshit that she got away with was insane.

SwissDonkey
Mar 29, 2007

Annabel Pee posted:

Everyone got the order:

- Yellow: 6 weeks before the heist
- Green: 7 years
- Blue: 5 days before
- Orange: 3 weeks before
- Violet: 24 years before
- Red: the morning after
- Pink: 6 months after
- White: The heist

Annabel Pee
Dec 29, 2008
Everyone got the same order? What I thought the whole thing was the random order, or is it just you can pick the order if you want but this is the standrd one? Thats disappointing if so.

Yeah the FBI plot was ridiculous, it was like kids playing dress-up out of Riverdale except played straight.

E: So it seems its "partly" random:

quote:

It would appear Netflix has actually randomised the story within these smaller blocks to provide an overall better-on-average experience for most viewers, especially those going in cold. The official synopsis(Opens in a new window) even backs this up:

Some members may start with certain episodes (like episodes “Yellow or “Green”), then move deeper into their own personal viewing order with varying episodes (“Blue” or “Violet” or “Orange,” followed by “Red” or “Pink”) until the epic “White: The Heist” story finale.