Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

I've got 2 bottles of tequila and a nice six pack of local blonde ale waiting for me this week.

Going to taste real good after abstaining for a while. Probably better than I hope!

This thread won't be closed by an addict who refuses to admit they're an addict (I love alcohol), so feel free to discuss drinking, or not drinking!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
It's still January you have 2 and a half days still

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

I don't drink so I never had to care one way or the other, thanks for the thread

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

Toxic Mental posted:

I don't drink so I never had to care one way or the other, thanks for the thread

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Toxic Mental posted:

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.

Toxic Mental posted:

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

I drank this January

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

hell yea bitch dis go hard as hell flocka i will suck big dick team slut all day and week month year and century i love big naps D I C K S Q U A D

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
Wonka Flocka was funny

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

flubber nuts posted:

hell yea bitch dis go hard as hell flocka i will suck big dick team slut all day and week month year and century i love big naps D I C K S Q U A D
yea

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

I WILL drink again!!

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost
of the people replying itt that don't drink

How many of you never/rarely drank to begin with, and how many of you stopped drinking because of problems with alcohol? As I posted in other threads, i haven't had a sip of alcohol in over 10 years because I used to get Sluggo-lit but I'm really curious what other goons experiences are

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
This thread is so bad it makes me want to drink

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

This thread is so bad it makes me want to drink

You should drink water!!

nom epique
Apr 24, 2022

by VideoGames
I will pray for yall

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

Vampire Panties posted:

How many of you never/rarely drank to begin with, and how many of you stopped drinking because of problems with alcohol? As I posted in other threads, i haven't had a sip of alcohol in over 10 years because I used to get Sluggo-lit but I'm really curious what other goons experiences are

drinking for me was only ever really done in the pursuit of getting wasted. and i did plenty of it during my band days playing gigs or touring in my 20's. despite this i never had a problem with alcohol, and would just decide whether it was a drinking night or not just depending on how i felt. i was a happy drunk too, never got into fights or trouble because of it.

as my social life changed with age i just dropped the booze and stuck to smoking weed. never missed it, and i didn't even consciously decide to stop. i just realised at some point i hadn't had a drink for years.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Booze is cool

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
Dry January isn't a thing. It was made up this year. Don't be led astray by false traditions!

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Who the gently caress is January to judge me? I drank more bitch.

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
January was that Roman emperor guy

He probably drank a bunch too

nom epique
Apr 24, 2022

by VideoGames

Nigmaetcetera posted:

Dry January isn't a thing. It was made up this year. Don't be led astray by false traditions!

It’s sober October that I do with Ari Shaffir bro

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
I used to drink a lot a lot but stopped about 2 years ago and now I like to drink 1-3 beers when doing house work every once in a while or whiskeys if I'm out with people and I'm okay with but anything more than 3 and I'm hungover for like 24 hours.

I was gonna buy a sixer of Stella liberté to drill during the games today but idk if you can take them through self checkout and there was only one regular checkout open and the line was long as gently caress so instead I'm drinking coffee :coffeepal:

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

I drank this January

Hector Delgado
Sep 23, 2007

Time for shore leave!!
I'm gonna go wild and break up the water with a little ginger ale. Time to get crazy!

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Hector Delgado posted:

I'm gonna go wild and break up the water with a little ginger ale. Time to get crazy!

You maniac

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Sparkling water is amazing but the really incredible thing about it is how so many companies make it taste bad.

Centrist Dad
Nov 13, 2007

When I see your posting
College Slice
I enjoyed dry January so much, I'm going to stay dry well into February, when I plan to do a bunch of powerful hallucinogens. But they will take the form of dried matter! So perhaps my dry streak will continue...

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Nooner posted:

I used to drink a lot a lot but stopped about 2 years ago and now I like to drink 1-3 beers when doing house work every once in a while or whiskeys if I'm out with people and I'm okay with but anything more than 3 and I'm hungover for like 24 hours.

I was gonna buy a sixer of Stella liberté to drill during the games today but idk if you can take them through self checkout and there was only one regular checkout open and the line was long as gently caress so instead I'm drinking coffee :coffeepal:

You can take them through self checkout but the worker still has to come check your is

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude
I made it to this past friday. I lost a significant chunk of my belly, can see the top four abs, and I felt a lot less lovely all the time, but I still feel lovely most of the time because im broken and my job and boss are really terrible. But from here on out I will only drink friday and saturday evenings. I was hoping that yuengling would taste like nectar of the gods on friday, but it didn't and neither did the next 3 until I smoked a joint and realized drinking more than 5 or six drinks on the weekends is just dumb and pointless. it was a good dry jan

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude
lets shorten it up to " Dryjan"

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
moist January

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words

Vampire Panties posted:

My immediate family is fine, but there's a lot of alcoholics in my extended family, so I was just like nah not gonna get started. My dad also doesn't drink at all (like one summer he was doing sweaty yardwork with a neighbor who gave him a cold beer, and my dad thanked him and put the beer in the fridge where it lived for like 5 years) so I guess that normalized it for me. Iirc his father, my grandfather, also didn't drink at all, so probably something bad happened higher up in that family tree. Anyway, I can get obsessive enough about other things, so no regrets about not getting into alcohol or drugs

nom epique
Apr 24, 2022

by VideoGames
Pray more OP

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

nom epique posted:

Pray more OP

Praying lead me to the understanding that complete abstinence is pointless and moderation is key since life is more temporary than clout and cancer.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

I had half a glass of sangria just so I could recycle the bottle and make a spot for another bottle of salad dressing.

b mad at me
Jan 25, 2017

satanic splash-back posted:

I've got 2 bottles of tequila and a nice six pack of local blonde ale waiting for me this week.

Going to taste real good after abstaining for a while. Probably better than I hope!

This thread won't be closed by an addict who refuses to admit they're an addict (I love alcohol), so feel free to discuss drinking, or not drinking!

play this one
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jstb6yvIKNg

alternaticvely
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pByzOXvxhIE

b mad at me fucked around with this message at 04:25 on Jan 30, 2023

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Szyznyk posted:

I had half a glass of sangria just so I could recycle the bottle and make a spot for another bottle of salad dressing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0-XkMc-eIw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

b mad at me
Jan 25, 2017

satanic splash-back posted:

Sparkling water is amazing but the really incredible thing about it is how so many companies make it taste bad.

agreed on this one