Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Thanks Astral for costing me $20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Soul Dentist posted:

Just went to Costco. Portofino Yellowtail Tuna in Extra Virgin Olive Oil is loving CHEAP. 4.5ozx8 is $5.69! Limit two though

At poo poo club they put the motor oil and olive oil in the same aisle and it doesn't even matter which one you pick it's all the same poo poo (Dr
Thunder)

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
the bathroom at sam's club is just a drain on the floor

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

kntfkr posted:

the bathroom at sam's club is just a drain on the floor

lol

BigHead
Jul 25, 2003
Huh?

Nap Ghost
Postin' from the receipt checker line.

DangerZoneDelux
Jul 26, 2006

Scan and Go crew represent!

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

BigHead posted:

So if you want to serially get arrested for DUIs, its smart to start in WI then move out to any other state after that. That way, you get two firsts, and the next one is a second.

Someone's gotta do a DUI Tour of the United States.

What's Rick Steve's or Samantha Brown up to right now?

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

DangerZoneDelux posted:

Scan and Go crew represent!

They knocked two bucks off my Hint water. Appreciated.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
The COSTCO street taco kit is actually better than I expected.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
If I lived in a place that didn't have killer street tacos everywhere I'd probably do it once a week

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Pennywise the Frown posted:

The COSTCO is actually better than Sam's club.

Really big opinions here

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Now a proud member of the beej

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

The COSTCO street taco kit is actually better than I expected.

drat, where have you been the past five years?

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Cartoon Man posted:

drat, where have you been the past five years?

I passed up on it many times after debating. I didn't realize there's enough for 12 tacos in there. I always thought there wasn't enough chicken but I was certainly wrong. I'll probably have leftover chicken after using all of the tortillas.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

The Quesadilla kit is not bad either but not as good as the street tacos.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
This is the only defense of Sam's club anyone can ever and will ever give: Because it's so poo poo, it's way less crowded. Costco can be a madhouse, especially around lunchtime and on the weekends. It's never like that at Sam's club. You can cough and hear the echo.

Also, despite it being less crowded, the checkout line is still absolute poo poo. Costco has 10x the people in it and I've gone through the checkout faster than a Sam's club. The parking lot is also just as lovely because, instead of a huge lot like you can expect at Costco, you get like 5-6 rows of parking and that's it. So despite less people and less cars, it still takes you longer to get in and get out. But hey, the middle part of it, the actual shopping, ain't that bad.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

ShowTime posted:

This is the only defense of Sam's club anyone can ever and will ever give: Because it's so poo poo, it's way less crowded. Costco can be a madhouse, especially around lunchtime and on the weekends. It's never like that at Sam's club. You can cough and hear the echo.

Also, despite it being less crowded, the checkout line is still absolute poo poo. Costco has 10x the people in it and I've gone through the checkout faster than a Sam's club. The parking lot is also just as lovely because, instead of a huge lot like you can expect at Costco, you get like 5-6 rows of parking and that's it. So despite less people and less cars, it still takes you longer to get in and get out. But hey, the middle part of it, the actual shopping, ain't that bad.

Is Scan&Go not supported there?

astral
Apr 26, 2004

sharknado slashfic posted:

Thanks Astral for costing me $20

:cheers:

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

poo poo club

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Smugworth posted:

poo poo club

:hmmyes:

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

Is there any reason to have the executive membership other than the 2% back?

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

pencilhands posted:

Is there any reason to have the executive membership other than the 2% back?

When you pull that card out in the checkout line panties be dropping…

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Gas thread ban op and re locate to Costco Megathread

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

poo poo club

FORUMS USER 1135
Jan 14, 2004

Went to the ‘co and had a chicken bake before shopping. Never had one before so the calorie bomb made me feel like garbage, just like when I walk into Sam’s club.

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"
we always do some returns to costco when we go shopping but this time they made a big fuss about only reimbursing if at least 50% of the product was still there, like to the point of opening and shaking things. wtf??? (all our stuff was fine but they acted like we were commiting fraud or something)

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Why are you buying so much stuff you return?

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
You always do some returns? What in the world are you buying and returning so much that you always do it?

Makes me want an update from that guy that was going to return the bed frame he bought like 3yrs ago.

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
My dad used to buy the fanciest DSLR camera from Costco, use it for a bunch of pictures, and return it within the window so in a way he always had a top of the line model, usually Nikon/Canon.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Mad Wack posted:

we always do some returns to costco when we go shopping but this time they made a big fuss about only reimbursing if at least 50% of the product was still there, like to the point of opening and shaking things. wtf??? (all our stuff was fine but they acted like we were commiting fraud or something)

You return something every time you go? That would certainly throw up some red flags.

I've returned 2 things in the maybe 5+ years I've had a membership.

slurm
Jul 28, 2022

by Hand Knit
I don't think I've ever returned anything there the stuff is usually decent and easy to see what it is

edit: bought a TV and some poo poo for work, that rewards check getting bigger at no expense to me hell yeah

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

You return something every time you go? That would certainly throw up some red flags.

I've returned 2 things in the maybe 5+ years I've had a membership.

Seriously if I was LP and someone was doing this I'd definitely be keeping an eye on them

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
Stop abusing the returns system and they won't treat you like that

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

ShowTime posted:

Makes me want an update from that guy that was going to return the bed frame he bought like 3yrs ago.

He returned it for a full refund.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Hey PS gently caress Sam's Club and the degenerates that populate it

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

poo poo club
:gas:

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
I don't like how the greeters at Sam's Club spit at you when you show your membership card.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

kntfkr posted:

I don't like how the greeters at Sam's Club spit at you when you show your membership card.

You don't show a card anymore your photo isn't even on it :grin:

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Sam’s Club has a mandatory anal probe before they let you in the door.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Cartoon Man posted:

Sam’s Club has a mandatory anal probe before they let you in the door.

its actually consensual and they use lube now so... don't be such a prude