Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

maffew buildings posted:

(USER WAS AUTOBANNED FOR THIS POST)

lolololol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

Is it just me or does it look like everybody in this video is whiter than mayonnaise?

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

Hyrax Attack! posted:

I liked how the maquis offended Sisko by how he’s gotten so much from the Federation that he doesn’t understand why anyone would leave even if they have defensible reasons.

That's the thing, though. The Maquis don't have defensible reasons.

"Hi! We're going to settle these planets in a disputed zone! Thank you for fighting a war in defense of our territorial claims! Wait, what, some of these planets were ceded to Cardassia in the peace treaty? We demand you go to war over those planets! What do you mean no?! My family has lived on this planet for part of an entire generation! This is our ancestral home! We don't WANT you to move us to a new planet and set us up there! gently caress you, we're breaking off and are going to attack the Cardassians until we get what we want!"

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

Kazinsal posted:

Were the Maquis also involved in that TNG S7 episode where they have to go deal with a land dispute involving Space Native Americans and the Traveler shows up at the end to kidnap Wesley? I distinctly remember that involving the disputed colonies along the Cardassian border.

Same issue, but they weren't involved with the Maquis.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

ASAPI posted:

I think it was something to the effect of, "if you travel too fast, you might accidentally time travel. So we now have a speed limit!"

It was "warp drive is tearing apart the fabric of space-time in a specific region, please observe a speed limit until we can figure poo poo out"

And then they never mentioned it again aside from an occasional "we've gotten the OK to break the speed limit for this mission" reference when a writer remembered it was a thing, but by then it was TNG season 7 so who cares.

There's some fluff in promotional materials about Voyager's moving pylons as being a part of some solution but it's never really mentioned again.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

ASAPI posted:

Ah, it's been forever since I've watched pretty much anything Trek. Apparently even my memories of the show are fading away.

I wish I could say the same.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

slurm posted:

I still don't really understand what makes something a "war crime" unless it's pointless cruelty that also hinders the war effort. You're already AT WAR and losing is worse than anything that can happen on the battlefield. Are our perceptions distorted by decades of police action colonial war?

So pointless cruelty that assists your war effort would be OK to you?

Is this a bit? Are you doing a bit?

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?
So I've decided slurm should post somewhere that isn't this subforum. The whole "just asking questions, what is a war crime anyway?" schtick isn't landing.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?
slurm can post here again after a well-written PM on the matter.

I do invite them to start that war crimes thread that bulletsponge suggested, though.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

my kinda ape posted:

If he's already permad on a different account just ban him again. I'm personally not really opposed to letting reregs slip back in if they can stop being obnoxious or whatever but clearly he cannot.

He's not perma'd on a different account.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?
How long does it take for an asteroid to get from Klendathu to Earth anyway?

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

FrozenVent posted:

Gonna wipe New Zealand off the…

Oh.

Thread's over, can't top this.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?
It wasn't a lawsuit, they were criminally charged and convicted of manslaughter.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

SlowBloke posted:

Yeah, we use the equivalent word for lawsuit for both civil and penal charges proceedings in Italian, sorry if I miswrote.

Ah, gotcha. In American English, a lawsuit is a civil action.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

SquirrelyPSU posted:

Which begs the question, what is the American English term for penal charges? "Criminal charges brought" is what I came up with after a few minutes of thought. AP is probably the best arbiter of this.

Indictment, maybe?

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?
My guess is that a whole bunch of grad students aren't going to be finishing their projects.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?
I think it's a new article on the same shooting, not an article on a new shooting.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?
Maybe they'll keep him under scrutiny and Gaetz'll get complacent thinking he got away with it and then they'll nail him.

Maybe I'll win the lotto.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

https://twitter.com/BillyGribbin/status/1625966169365643274

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

Platystemon posted:

I do not believe that Kamala Harris would launch strategic nuclear missiles, no.

What if we told her that Russia is full of truancy?

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

Milo and POTUS posted:

What was last title

"Gonna wipe New Zealand off the map -- oh."

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

bird food bathtub posted:

I love that they take off with wheel-stilts that just fall away and get picked up on the side of the runway, and then land by touching down on a car.

They don't land on the car.

The car talks them down.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

mlmp08 posted:

While it is kind of funny that people got MAD about free U2 on their phones, it was also not great to have your music/voice synonymous with "my Apple product just hosed up" since it would default to the U2 album when it really didn't know what you wanted it to resume.

It also tried downloading the album automatically, filling peoples' phones without their knowledge.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

Coasterphreak posted:

And this is why I use MFA and facial recog anywhere I can. Oh and my phone never leaves my line of sight, you’ll need to have me at gunpoint to get access to it.

Look if someone wants your dick pics they'll just catfish you instead of making you unlock your phone.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

Stultus Maximus posted:

Who would enforce that?

I'm sure Liberty University would be happy to establish a Moral Law Enforcement major and send undergrads out to do this.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

Proud Christian Mom posted:

the polls guys, the polls.

Pelosi's hand picked successor is one of the biggest Israel whores in Congress if that tells you where the party is going on this issue

I don't have enough energy to deliver a lecture on problematic language and why I don't want it in GIP so just consider this a sternly worded "don't."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

Would the payment cap part of the plan still survive?