Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Hey, speaking of March 2020, here's the shot heard 'round the leopards-eating-faces party world!

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1620451219641876482

Mr. Nice! posted:

To add to the laughter, Maffew texted me curious if a picture hotlinked from facebook was responsible for his being banned. He’s posted on these forums for 22 years and never knew about the three tags that cause an autoban. Just, lol. Thanks for the laughs. Great start to the day.

I'm wondering if it was accidental. I started a GDT in SAS once and got an autoban because I'd somehow moved the tag from "Hockey" to whichever autoban is/was next to it (keyboard?) and didn't catch it until it was too late.

e- For those keeping score at home, "BANME" is directly above "NHL".

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Feb 1, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Platystemon posted:

BREAKING: Ron DeSantis is taxing your electric stove

https://twitter.com/therecount/status/1620822734769983491

Jesus loving Christ. :psyduck:

I see he's officially arrived in his lame duck term that he wouldn't answer to when Charlie Crist called him out about.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

maffew buildings posted:

https://twitch.tv/watchmeforever An AI was given the Seinfeld catalogue and is now making it's own Seinfeld episodes from here to eternity

Is this actual AI or something written by a human masquerading as AI as Keaton Patti did?

His "scripts" were hilarious until people realized he was the AI.

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Still better than the Office.

Dear God this.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Milo and POTUS posted:

Kinda wish Dwight took him to the farm

Dwight going postal would have been a believable plot.

Dwight totally would've been into Trump/QAnon.

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Creed Bratton is the best thing about the Office.

The only good thing.

Krasinski isn't worth my time to think of insulting.

That show lived and died by the secondary and ancillary characters.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

hobbesmaster posted:

You can the smoke/constrail from a missile. Idk if a sidewinder would’ve worked?

Sounds like both were sortied.

https://twitter.com/aircraftspots/status/1621952050975371264?s=46&t=H8u7MTix4OJUiosRU3fatA

That's one way to get out of -20 wind chills for the day.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

facialimpediment posted:

Joe is bad because he didn't shoot it down before it violated our airspace

Joe is bad because he said to shoot it down on Wednesday and his military didn't do it

Joe is bad because he listened to his military and let them wait until Saturday

Donnie never would've let that happen and it would've been met with

https://twitter.com/Forbes/status/1621949420299231232?t=bctkr7ZB7Z_qZOXuZkxP5g&s=19

absolutely no response whatsoever

Alternately, Joe is bad because he shot it down over Tennessee and now it rained debris all over mah property and dented mah truck.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

facialimpediment posted:

I've basically fallen back onto this option. Basically, in general life, you don't want to know people that have the ability to whatabout / sunk cost fallacy themselves into oblivion because at some point, you'll probably be on the negative end of that when you do something that may/may not actually exist in real life. General exception for coworkers and family members, with the added exception if they're actually good people.

Once you get into fever swampy whataboutism stuff, there's not really much convincing that can be done. See:

https://twitter.com/GlennKesslerWP/status/1622353829369888768?t=zZWRvhAX99ZsVo63Ycjwgw&s=19

Last June, a derecho rolled through Ohio and knocked power out for hundreds of thousands. The grid was so damaged that more people lost power while they repaired it.

One of my mom's friends went all :tinfoil: because the lights were out and one of HER friends claimed it was government attempting to mind control people.

Just the worst kind of degenerate brain worms.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Alright then, where's the body of the pilot?

CommieGIR posted:

Nothing a Sharpie can't fix!

Also: I love how EVERY deal he makes is somehow the greatest deal ever.

He's lost sight of the fact that he wouldn't be the one making the deal and that giving Dark Brandon credit for the best deal ever would run counter to Donnie Safbrains' messaging.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

https://twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/status/1623044526091763712?t=2QUoA8GPAnE4s5xjY48Ycg&s=19

And we're off... :unsmigghh:

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Tiny Timbs posted:

get his rear end Donnie

Genuinely curious to see how Ron handles Trump. Does he try to be the "sane" one and let grandpa shake his cane while speaking civilly or roll around in the mud and we get the bloodbath to end all political bloodbaths in this country's history?

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Glad to see that they can NUH-UH just like the republicans they are deep down.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

CBJSprague24 posted:

Genuinely curious to see how Ron handles Trump. Does he try to be the "sane" one and let grandpa shake his cane while speaking civilly or roll around in the mud and we get the bloodbath to end all political bloodbaths in this country's history?

Narrator: he took the high road and said boring politician things.

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1623424004949217282?t=kITcT7DM4NOaOc1lXvQNbA&s=19

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

GoGoGadget posted:

I am in the process of converting to Catholicism, which requires you attend like six months' worth of classes called RCIA, or Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults. Last class was about Catholic social teachings, and the speaker was talking about things like caring for the poor, showing compassion and working towards the greater good, uniting as workers and supporting unions, caring for babies even after birth, being against the death penalty; you know, typical Democratic views. Looking around the room, I noticed a lot of the men in the room getting uncomfortable.

What was really hilarious to watch was their reaction to her talking about women's rights and how it pertains to contraception and how the church is beginning to lean towards accepting its use within a marriage due to allowing for the safety of the mother in spacing out pregnancies, and to help ensure that the number of children they have is sustainable. I saw one old dude's face turn beet red in barely contained anger.

"Catholicism Boot Camp" seems to feed my perception that Catholicism is Christianity on Steroids with excessive Challenge and Response.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Rhodesian Lowtax=Springbok Trump

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

bulletsponge13 posted:

He's not a mascot, but I just want to share my favorite picture of Detective Tubbs Lumpkins, MD. This is the night my wife brought home an abandoned 2 week old kitten, who I refused to name until her first vet appointment- where we found out she was younger than we thought.
"What rescue cared for her?"
"My husband."
"Wow. He did an amazing job. Any experience?"
"He'd say the Infantry. He just loves little furry things "

If the big hoss in the background is anything like the 100 pound black lab we had when we brought in a stray kitten, its reaction will be something along the line of "HI NEW FRAND I DOG".

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Stultus Maximus posted:

Look at the camera and the dog at the same time?

:perfect: :thurman:

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Mr. Bad Guy posted:

I literally have never heard of this guy.

https://twitter.com/abughazalehkat/status/1624799907973414915?t=NVNymCs44SfcJMOej8zQxg&s=19

Picture the douchebag in high school who thought he was cool, tried desperately to be snarky and edgy to get attention, and whose only followers were social climbers. He thinks he's great, but nobody sane does.

Now picture that guy getting a late-night talk show on a right-wing cable channel full of hosts wanting to be Durr Fuhrer's pet with a rotating panel of no-names and (probably) the next Roger Ailes suit when he finally does something foul to the hot chick on the panel.

You have Gutfeld!. The only person alive I might be unable to resist the urge to punch in the balls if I met.

E- Wasn't Leslie Jordan on the show right before he died? That seems a bit treasonous to his LGBTQ+ community.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Feb 13, 2023

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

The projection by the GOP and its followers upon everyone else when, really, they're describing themselves, continues to be remarkable.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

FrozenVent posted:

Good thing the Russians brought their parade uniforms.

Just :lol: that he thought he'd march into and take Kyiv in three days but, had he actually pulled it off, where would we be now with Vlad's aspirations to get the band back together?

Would he have been emboldened to pick another ex-SovBloc state to Special Military Operation by this point?

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

facialimpediment posted:

DeSantis gave an interview where he basically called Putin no threat at all, and MTG is currently calling for a nationwide divorce between red states and blue states. Biden basically needs the GOP to lose their minds while he just presidentials it up and uh

https://twitter.com/Tendar/status/1627611746591440899?t=YfRKUeVHx8HiYtFvbG4BMQ&s=19

MTG doing what I figure Donnie will do in '24 if he loses and offer to bankroll a breakaway state.

You would think Madge would know how it went the last time Georgia was involved in a nationwide divorce, though "The South Is Gonna Rise Again" is a phrase she's probably scribbled at some point.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Have we talked about how Jared and Ivanka are getting an invitation to Atlanta to testify against :smugdon:?

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

CBJSprague24 posted:

Have we talked about how Jared and Ivanka are getting an invitation to Atlanta to testify against :smugdon:?

Correction- this is Jack Smith and January 6th related.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

The line he left out was "whatever my side is is the right one regardless of any fact to the contrary".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Milo and POTUS posted:

They'll probably give him his own show

I'm willing to accept this if it means any of the cretins on The Five or Ingraham/Tucker/Hannity lose their shows which lol will never happen so why did I bother typing this?

(Because Greg Gutfeld can suck my gently caress.)