Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What's the worst thing Dana White has ever done? Vote for as many as you want.
This poll is closed.
End sponsorships so fighters are completely dependent on the UFC's pay 62 10.56%
Ban elaborate entrances and custom gear unless you're a company favorite 43 7.33%
Align himself and the UFC with Donald Trump 53 9.03%
Abuse his wife and somehow guilt MMA media for reporting about it 60 10.22%
Go on a homophobic, misogynist rant about Loretta Hunt and play free speech martyr thereafter 48 8.18%
Compare pay-per-view pirates to Osama bin Laden 40 6.81%
Argue so poorly that he somehow made Jake Paul the good guy 46 7.84%
Allow Logan Paul to own the colors Red and Blue 36 6.13%
Create Conor McGregor 36 6.13%
Blackball the entire American Kickboxing Academy until they signed away lifetime likeness rights 49 8.35%
Use Marlon Vera's daughter's medical needs for advertising, then make fans crowdfund it 49 8.35%
Create the Power Slap League 54 9.20%
Post your own and then vote for it 11 1.87%
Total: 84 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
excellent write up, as always carl

i am glad i get to shitpost thru this terrible sport with yall

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
bless joe silva for booking akiyama's penance via punching. punchnance

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

:siren: B League Preview :siren: ennui and despair edition!

ONE Friday Fights 3 - Friday, February 3, 2023

Main Card - YouTube, 8AM

Bantamweight (Muay Thai) - Chorfah Tor.Sangtiennoi vs Phetsukumvit Boybangna

I am no great genius of fighting. I know very little about Muay Thai, and I realize these previews are very barebones in terms of content beyond basic facts. However, when it becomes difficult to find the fighters on the card to provide even those simple facts, such as win-loss record and championship history, my barebones previews crumble to dust.

Here is what I can say about Chorfah and Phetsukumvit: Both men exist and will attack one another with their deadly 8 Weapons of Muay Thai until such time that the fight ends, either by time expiring, or one man being unable to continue. It will probably be very good to watch.

Featherweight (Kickboxing) - Paedsaenlek P.K. Saenchai vs Amir Amirkhanovich

It’s a rivalry as old as time: Saenchai Gym and the Amir Khans of the world. Will either side ever acquiesce? Will the world ever know peace?

Flyweight (Muay Thai) - Kongchai Chanaidonmuang vs Kritpetch P.K. Saenchai

Little tiny guys hitting with littler tinier fists. Let’s go!

Featherweight (Muay Thai) - Phanrith Lookjaomaesaiwaree vs Ilias Musaev

Look at that long name. Bet you never saw a name so long.

Strawweight (Muay Thai) - The Star SitChor vs Yu Yao Pui

I realize it’s part of Thai nicknaming conventions, but being called The Star is pretty rad.

Prelim Card - YouTube, 5:30 AM ET

Welterweight (Muay Thai) - Rungrawee Sitsongpeenong vs Mustapha El Takreti

Shout outs Sitsongpeenong Gang, all my homies love Sitsongpeenong Gang.

Lightweight - Shannon “One Shin” Wiratchai vs Puriya Golpour

Wiratchai is 10-6, with 5 TKO and 2 submission wins. He’s fought mostly in ONE, going 8-6 inside the Circle. He ended a four fight losing skid by taking a split decision over Fabio Pinca in 2020, which is the last time he fought.

Golpour is 4-2, with 2 TKO and 1 submission win. He’s fought mostly in Iran, and the only time he left, he lost those two bouts in Afghanistan.

Oh thank god, information I can regurgitate to make me look slightly more competent. ONE doesn’t usually set up their local, hometown guys to get whomped, so I’m guessing Wiratchai will pummel Golpour.

Lightweight (Muay Thai) - Alex “Bodyhammer” Bublea vs Alan Yonny

What is a body hammer?

Welterweight - Elliot “The Dragon” Compton vs Alisson Barbosa

Compton is 1-0 in MMA, winning that bout by first round TKO. He’s also competed in kickboxing and Muay Thai, losing to Anthony Njokuani and Nieky Holzken under the ONE Championship banner.

Barbosa is 18-8 with 4 TKO and 14 submission wins. He’s also alleged to have engaged in activity to either remove losses, or otherwise improve his record, per Tapology. Fun stuff!

Barbosa looks to have way more experience, but it’s unclear how legit some of these fights were. It also appears that it wasn’t until he was 5-1 that he beat someone with a winning record.

Bantamweight (Muay Thai) - Barbara Aguilar vs Dokmaipar Fairtex

Fairtex supremacy!

Featherweight - Ivan Parshikov vs Dimitry Dubkin

Parshikov is 8-3, with 3 TKO and 3 submission wins. He’s mostly fought in Russia, but has had some bouts in Kazakhstan and most recently competed in Thailand.

Dubkin is 7-1 with 2 TKO and 3 submission wins. He’s on a one fight win streak, and is making his first foray outside of Russia.

Man, I just hope these MMA bouts are good and exciting, because they haven’t been very good in the first two Friday Fights events. Just give us more Muay Thai, Chatri.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

anyway, it is FIGHT WEEK PETS WEEK

Bellator 290 edition (Bellator 290 preview coming soonish)

First up, Johnny Eblen's dog

Anatoly Tokov's pup

Dante Schiro's dog

Sabah Homasi's dog (We here at Fight Week, Pets Week must once again state that we do not condone the practice of cropping dog ears)

Chris Gonzalez's dogs, Nala and Chevy

Grant Neal's two pups

Diana Avsaragova's pal

Alejandra Lara's training paw-rtner

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

:siren: More B League Preview! :siren:

Bellator 290 - Saturday, February 4, 2023

Main Card - 9PM ET, CBS

Heavyweight Title - Ryan “Darth” Bader vs Fedor “The Last Emperor” Emelianenko

Bader is 30-7 overall, with 12 TKOs and 3 submission wins, plus 5 TKO and 2 submission losses. He is 8-2 in Bellator, including 5-0 at heavyweight. He’s on a two fight win streak, both successful defenses of his heavyweight title.

Emelianenko is 40-6, with 16 TKO and 15 submission wins, and 5 TKO and 1 submission loss. He’s 4-2 in Bellator, all bouts ending by TKO. He’s on a two-fight, first round finish win streak, having dispatched Rampage Jackson and most recently, Tim Johnson in October 2021.

In addition to being 40-6, Fedor is also 46. His last defeat came at the hands of Bader, getting knocked out in just 35 seconds in 2019. This is allegedly Fedor’s retirement fight, which marks eleven years since he first retired. As for Bader, he’s got everything to lose, and should he lose it all, he should probably also consider retiring.

Middleweight Title - Johnny “The Human Cheat Code” Eblen vs Anatoly Tokov

Eblen is 12-0, with 2 TKO and 4 submission wins. He’s 8-0 in Bellator, where he notched those two strike-based stoppages. He’s a solid grappler with a good wrestling base, which is how he won the 185 lb title, as Gegard Mousasi, despite 20 years in MMA, still can’t defend against wrestlers.

Tokov is 31-3 with 17 TKO and 7 submission wins. His last loss came in 2016, and since then he has rattled off 7 straight wins, all inside the Bellator Circlegon, including 3 TKO and 2 subs.

Tokov feels like a throwback, in that he’s a non-Dagestani Russian with a Combat Sambo background. Seems fitting, here on Fedor’s alleged retirement fight. Tokov’s record isn’t the most impressive when you look at who his competition has fought, but outside of Mousasi, Eblen’s past opponents aren’t anything to write home about, either.

Welterweight - Sabah “The Sleek Sheik” Homasi vs “Irish” Brennan Ward

Homasi is 17-10, with 11 TKO and 3 submission wins, plus 6 TKO and 2 submission losses. He went 0-3 in UFC, getting knocked out by Tim Means, then twice within 49 days by Abdul Razak Alhassan, which just seems unfair, especially to cut someone after that. He’s 6-4 in Bellator, including a current two-fight, first round finish streak.

Ward is 16-6, boasting 11 knockouts and 2 submission wins. He has 2 knockout and 4 submission losses as well. Ward is 11-6 in Bellator, including 8 TKOs and 3 submission wins. Since his return to the cage after getting sober, Ward is on a 2-fight win streak, both second round TKO victories.

Ward and Homasi are classic bangers who wanna throw big shots and cuss at their opponents and by god, they are gonna do all of that to kick off the CBS portion of this Bellator card.

Prelim Card - 5:55 PM ET, YouTube

Welterweight - Neiman Gracie vs Dante Schiro

Gracie is 11-4, with 1 TKO and 9 submission wins. As a Gracie, he has excellent BJJ, and as a Gracie, he is bad at everything else. Last time out, he got knocked out by My Main Man Goiti Yamauchi, and there was much rejoicing.

Schiro is 9-4 with 5 TKO and 3 submission wins. His last contest saw him get choked unconscious by my personal choice for 2022 Submission of the Year, Luca Poclit’s Lucanator Choke, which I will contend is more of a Thing than a drat Buggy choke.

Both guys are grapplers, and both guys have lost to Interim champ Logan Storley. Will they attempt to fight on the ground, or will we get yet another installment of Tepid Kickboxing for 15 Inexorable Minutes?

Welterweight - Lorenz “The Monsoon” Larkin vs Mukhamed “Cherkes” Berkhamov

Larkin is 24-7, with 12 wins coming by TKO. He went 4-0 in Strikeforce, notching a win over the second saddest version of Robbie Lawler (Current Lawler is most saddest), then went 5-5 in the UFC, beating guys like Ponzinibbio, Masvidal, and Magny. He’s gone 6-2 in Bellator, and is on a 6-fight win streak, not counting the no contest in his last bout.

Berkhamov is 15-1 with 2 TKO and 10 submission wins. He has a win over Tofiq Musayev in their Oplot days, bested Jesse “JT$” Taylor in Russia and is now 1-0 in Bellator.

We’ve got a rematch because Larkin clocked Berkhamov with an illegal elbow to the back of the head. Let’s see if Lorenz can continue his winning ways, or if Mukhamed will get sweet revenge.

Featherweight - Henry “OK” Corrales vs Akhmed Magomedov

Corrales is 20-6 with 7 TKO and 6 submission wins. He’s 8-6 in Bellator, but he immediately got launched into the deep end, dropping consecutive fights to Daniel Straus, Emmanuel Sanchez, and Patricio Pitbull. He’s currently on a two-fight win streak, including a technical decision over Aiden Lee, which got called early because of an accidental eye poke.

Magomedov is 10-0, with 2 TKO and 4 submission wins. He is 1-0 in Bellator, submitting Kevin Boehm in July.

Corrales clearly has more experience, especially at a higher level, but he’s also 10 years older, and age isn’t very kind to the lighter weight classes.

Heavyweight - Steve Mowry vs Ali Isaev

Mowry is 10-0 with 4 TKO and 6 submission wins. He’s 6-0 in Bellator, not counting the no contest due to an eye poke under one minute into the fight. His opponents haven’t been the greatest, but he’s dispatched them all with his incredible height.

Isaev is 9-0 with 4 TKO wins. He went 5-0 in PFL, winning the 2019 title with a 4th round KO over Jared Rosholt. He has not competed at all since then, pulling out of multiple fights in the 2021 and 2022 PFL seasons.

Isaev has beat better people than Mowry, but he’s also been inactive for over three years. Plus, it’s my dude, Tall Steve, gotta go with Tall Steve at all times.

Lightweight - Chris “CG” Gonzalez vs Max “Rated R” Rohskopf

Gonzalez is 7-2, with 2 TKO and 1 submission win. He’s 6-2 in Bellator, most recently losing to Usman Nurmagomedov by choke in July.

Rohskopf is 7-1 with 1 TKO and 5 submission wins. He went 0-1 in the UFC, losing by retirement against Austin Hubbard, and by refusing to get off the stool for the third round, he was instantly served his walking papers. He went 2-0 in Cage Warriors in 2021, but hasn’t fought since then, partly due to that pesky Covid-19, and also various other hurdles to prevent a fight from taking place.

Rohskopf’s most notable win on his record is Zach Zane, and Zane is only notable because he’s just A Guy who shows up to get beat. Gonzalez has defeated folks like Saad Awad and Roger Huerta, both of which would be far more impressive if they had occurred about 10 years ago.

Light Heavyweight - Grant “The Truth” Neal vs “King” Karl Albrektsson

Neal is 7-1, with 1 TKO and 3 submission wins. He’s 6-1 in Bellator, losing only to Alex Polizzi by split decision. He bounced back from that defeat with a win over Christian Edwards in April. Most notably, he beat Tyree Fortune by rear naked choke. Two lesser-known brothers of more impressive fighters, duking it out, as Moosin, God of Martial Arts intended!

Albrektsson is 13-4, with 6 TKO and 3 submission wins. He went 3-2 in Rizin, beating Vadim Nemkov, but he did get punched out by Jiri Prochazka. He’s 2-2 in Bellator, including a win over Viktor Nemkov, but he also got TKO’d by Phil Davis by taking elbows from back mount.

Neal is not a Nemkov, so it seems unlikely for Albrektsson to win here.

Flyweight - Diana “Pantera” Avsaragova vs Alejandra “Azul” Lara

Avsaragova is 5-0, with 1 TKO and 1 submission win. She is 3-0 in Bellator, most recently besting the severely undersized Kyara Batara last March.

Lara is 9-6, with 4 TKO and 3 submission wins. She is 3-5 in Bellator, including a pair of split decision losses. She’s lost her last 3, and hasn’t notched a victory since December 2019.

Lara may be on a bad skid, but those losses are mostly to top level competition.

Bantamweight - Darrion “The Wolf” Caldwell vs Nikita Mikhailov

Caldwell is 14-6 with 2 TKO and 5 submission wins. He’s 11-5 in Bellator, with 5 submission wins. He’s currently on a 3-fight losing skid.

Mikhailov is 9-2, with 3 TKO wins. He’s 2-1 in Bellator.

Both guys have lost to Enrique Barzola in their last sorties. Caldwell shouldn’t be in too much trouble, though, as Mikhailov doesn’t appear to be a danger to choke him out when Darrion sticks his neck somewhere it doesn’t belong, as is his penchant.

Bantamweight - Jaylon “New Breed” Bates vs Jornel “A1” Lugo

Bates is 6-0, all fights inside the Bellator Circlegon, and he’s notched 4 submission wins. Are any of these people people you have ever heard of? Look, man, why you gotta ask questions nobody wants the answer to?

Lugo is 8-1 with 1 TKO and 2 submission wins. He’s 5-1 in Bellator, most recently losing to Danny Sabatello. He does, however, have a win over current TikTok food review megastar Keith Lee (Not the big wrestler, the little fighter)

I have heard of these men and I have seen them fight, yet I cannot recall their techniques or tendencies. The memories no longer stick firm in my brain, but simply wash away like the tide.

Featherweight - Isaiah “The Central Valley Gangster” Hokit vs Peter “Wasabi” Ishiguro

Hokit is 2-1, losing his Bellator debut by 10-second KO, but he rebounded with a first round RNC over “Headtaker” Macuka, and then a second round TKO against Matias Nader.

Ishiguro is 2-1, and 1-1 in Bellator. He’s on a one-fight win streak, but that came back in 2019.

Unsure why Ishiguro has not fought in so long, but I don’t like his chances against Hokit, who has looked very solid, minus that early setback in his pro debut.

Welterweight - Ethan Hughes vs Yusu Karakaya

Hughes is 3-0 with 2 TKOs and 1 submission win. He’s 1-0 in Bellator, grounding and pounding Mahmoud Fawzy Sebie in his promotional debut in November 2021.

Karakaya is 1-0, submitting Ali Damak in his only fight in 2019.

Both guys have very little in terms of experience or recent fight history. As always, the Bellator Prelim Ritual Sacrifice Hour must find new blood to satiate the ever-hungry gods of violence and destruction.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Regarding the Hardy Drama, I think the new company tagline should be

UFC: As Dumb as it Gets

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Fight Week, Pet Wee - UFC Fight Night edition!

Good news/bad news

Bad news: only one fighter had pet pics that met my criteria (I scroll through 1 year of instagram posts. Anything older than that shows a lack of dedication to providing pet content)

Good news: Marcin Tybura's got corgis and he's got plenty of pictures of them!

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

GDT for Bellator and UFC

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4023312

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Is it hosted by Michael Chandler?

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Fight Week, Pets Week is back with UFC 284

Here's Josh Emmett's lil guy, Apollo

Jack Della Maddalena's dog

Jimmy Crute's large pal

Jamie Mullarkey's pup

Loma Lookbonmee's 2 friends

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

In case anyone hasn't seen it before, or it's been a while since you've seen it, check out Julija Stoliarenko vs Lisa Verzosa since Invicta just put it up as their Fight of the Day

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ezkVcBDHkg

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

almost forgot there was another one of these

:siren: B League Preview :siren:

ONE Friday Fights 4 - Friday, February 10

Main Card - 8 AM ET, YouTube

Bantamweight (Muay Thai) - Batman Or. Atchariya vs Duangsompong Jitmuangnon

BATMAN!

Bantamweight (Muay Thai) - Mongkolkaew Sor.Sommai vs Petchmuangsri Tded99

No Batman? Aww man, what’s even the point?

148 lb Catchweight (Muay Thai) - Alessandro Sara vs Erdem Taha Dincer

Hold me closer, Taha Dincer.

112 lb Catchweight (Muay Thai) - Gusjung Fairtex vs Francisca Vera

Gusjung. GUSJUNG

Flyweight (Muay Thai) - Chaongoh Jitmuagnon vs An Bunhour

Uhh, p sure its “A Bunhour”.

Prelim Card - 5:30 AM ET, YouTube

Bantamweight (Muay Thai) - Ferrari Fairtex vs Fabio Reis

Vrooom, Ferrari!

Bantamweight - Bruno “Macaco” Azevedo vs Talekh Gamidov

Azevedo is 17-3, with 2 TKO and 11 submission wins. He’s 7-1 under Shoot Brasil’s banner, and is riding a one fight win streak, after submitting Rogerio Monteiro back in 2021.

Gamidov is 5-0 with 1 TKO and 2 submission wins. His most recent fight was at one of Eagle FC’s “not for American audiences” shows that was almost exclusively Russians fighting other Russians.

Again, Chatri, my dude. Nobody cares about these low level MMA bouts on the Lumpinee Muay Thai cards. Just give us more Muay Thai.

Bantamweight (Kickboxing) - Hiroki Suzuki vs Fariya Aminipour

Suzuki has fought some great names in kickboxing. I don’t mean the fighters are notable, I mean the names are outstanding. There’s Teleka Infinity Symbol, Super Anji, and the mysterious Takuma.

Flyweight - Awan “The Alpha” Aqib vs Peter “The Asia Viking” Danasoe

Aqib is 3-0 with two submission wins. He’s making his first appearance outside his native Pakistan for this bout.

Danasoe is 4-2, with 2 TKO and 2 submission wins. He dropped his first two bouts, both in the ONE Warrior Series, then rattled off four in a row, all in 2022.

Please have a good fight, or at least make it quick so we can get back to the Muay Thai.

128 lb Catchweight (Muay Thai) - Judy Humber vs Malena Garcia

We got UK vs Argentina. IT’S TIME FOR THE FALKLAND ISLANDS WAR: THE SQUEAKQUEL!

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

As always, another excellent write up and break down, Forums Friend Carl

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

New UFC contracts just dropped

https://twitter.com/AlexanderKLee/status/1624050554992197633?t=g3WiBqd0vQlcl_u027mV3Q&s=19

highlights include:

- all disputes must be taken to arbitration
- fighter that sign a new contract cannot join a class action law suit against UFC, including those in progress that a fighter qualifies for
- the previous provision that only let UFC extend a contract for 18 months for turning down fights is now gone, the time limit is the 5 year sunset clause
- sunset clause timer no longer starts the day the contract is signed, but the day of the first bout, and it gets paused for suspensions (not sure if that just means USADA or also medical)

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

I realize this is horrible timing, but 2023 Awards Nomination Thread has finally been updated. If there's anything that's happened so far in 2023 you think should be acknowledged, go ahead and pop it here:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4022571

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

cagliostr0 posted:

It's just a shame that being on somebody's back doing a reverse fitching while an angry gremlin punches you over his shoulder repeatedly is considered winning.

Hopefully Islam fights Poirier next so we can put Volk in context at 155.

I love Sluggin Dusty P as much as anyone, but Benny D has an 8 fight win streak and I don't want another Ferguson Situation where such a guy only gets a bunk title opportunity when he's way too old for it

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

I believe you are forgetting some key facts: Volkanovski made faces and yelled while stuck in a body triangle.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Fight Week, Pets Week is back with UFC Fight Night: Andrade vs Blanchfield

Jessica Andrade, noted cat haver

William Knight's beefy pals

Jamal Pogues' two friends, Apollo and Steve

Jim Miller's hunting companion

AJ Fletcher's got a pup, too

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Operation: Secret Project is now live, and it's the dumbest thing I've embarked on

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4024290

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

ONE Friday Fights 5 - Friday, February 17, 2023

Bantamweight (Muay Thai) - Kongklai AnnyMuayThai vs Superball Tded99

Kongklai is 90-28 in kickboxing. After going undefeated in 2020, he was the unanimous choice for Sports Authority of Thailand’s Fighter of the Year.

Superball took home the silver medal at the 2022 World Games, which is like the Olympics' sad, useless younger sibling.

Superball better be really brightly colored or I’m gonna go berserk.

130 lb Catchweight (Muay Thai) - Denkriangkrai Singha Mawynn vs Songchana Tor.Brucelee

I’m guessing that Songchana wears a black and yellow jumpsuit like Bruce Lee. And again, if that’s not the case, I’m going to freak out for real.

Bantamweight (Muay Thai) - Ploypanlan P.K.Saenchai vs Namphongnoi Sor.Sommai

Time for the Ploy Plan!

Flyweight (Muay Thai) - Teeyai P.K.Saenchai vs Jelte Blommaert

Saenchai Squad coming full force in Lumpinee Stadium!

132 lb Catchweight (Muay Thai) - Ploymuangjan SmileMuayThai vs Iony Lawrence

Smile Muay Thai. SMILE MUAY THAI!

112 lb Catchweight (Muay Thai) - Yodbuangarm Luckybuntherng vs Khunsuk Sor.Dechapan

I dont know any more. Muay Thai is cool and you should watch it and I dont know whom these people are and it is real hard to find out who these people are, which I’ve mentioned basically every single Friday Fight event. Anyway.

154 lb Catchweight (Muay Thai) - Revo Sor.Sommai vs Furkan Karabağ

Why not just call this a lightweight bout. It’s one pound away.

Bantamweight - Fritz “Kid Tornado” Biagtan vs Adamkhonov Nurmuhammad

Biagtan is 4-1 with 3 TKO wins. He’s also competed in boxing, kickboxing, and Muay Thai. He’s even got a loss to Tenshin Nasukawa.

Nurmuhammad is 0-1 and lost his only fight via “Pain Hold on the Hand” which is my new favorite finishing method. While sure, it probably means an injury, I prefer to think Adamkhonov faced a giant crabman who crushed his hands with horrible pincers.

Let’s go Fritz, I guess!

Flyweight - Aleksandra Savicheva vs Zeba “Fighting Queen” Bano

Savicheva is 1-0, winning her pro debut by 35-second ground and pound in September.

Bano is 1-1 in regular MMA, losing her most recent bout to Nat Jaroonsak by first round armbar in ONE last May. She’s also got a trio of bouts that don’t count on her record due to alleged legitimacy issues.

C’mon Bano, prove that you can beat up jobbers and still beat sort of regular fighters, too.

Bantamweight (Muay Thai) - Dedduanglek Tded99 vs Temirlan Bekmurzaev

Tded99 gym has been putting out a fair number of fighters on these cards, i’ve noticed. Good for Tded99 and all the Tdeds what came before.

Strawweight - Chihiro Sawada vs Sanaz Fayazmanesh

Sawada is 3-0-1, with three straight wins, all under the Shooto banner. She’s a wrestler from Japan, and Japan’s women's wrestlers are scary.

Fayazmanesh is 1-0, that fight coming in 2018, which was over FOUR YEARS AGO. HOW DID THIS HAPPEN?

Let’s go Sawada.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

secret juice - maybe there's apples, maybe there's not?

https://twitter.com/BorrachinhaMMA/status/1626310602837598208

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

thank you for this content

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

In a complete shock to my worldview, it turns out ONE's hydration testing system is bad, flawed, and extremely easy to trick

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2023/2/...big-names-cheat

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Schaub has to ask for boner medicine

Jon Jones is just given random pills from acquaintances

THEY ARE NOT THE SAME!!

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

BlindSite posted:

Yes it's still cool and good and DJ is still cool and good.

You'll also see Reece McLaren so make sure to cheer for him loudest cause he's my friend and a top loving bloke.

He also needs some pop because one doesn't pay enough and he has a little baby now and so he has to work while trying to maintain a professional standard of training.

Perhaps Reece should simply ask benevolent godking Chatri for an additional FIFTY THOUSAND DOLLAS

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

They've already fought, but dig a hole, put Sherman and Vanderaaaaaaa in there and make them sloppily paw at each other until the heat death of the universe

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

mister posted:

I wonder what they do with O'Malley now?

The Chito rematch would have made sense but he's booked against Sandhagen. Merab would be good from a sporting perspective but I don't think the UFC will want to risk that fight since he will probably outwrestle O'Malley and he won't fight Aljo. Rematch Yan maybe if he's backed down from asking to be released?

Merab is booked vs Yan for March 11

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

ONE Fight Night 7 - Friday, February 24

Main Card - 8 PM ET, Amazon Prime

Featherweight Title - John “Hands of Stone” Lineker vs Fabricio “Wonder Boy” de Andrade

The angry brickman is back. John loving Lineker had an outstanding first half of 2022, capturing the ONE Featherweight title from Bibiano Fernandes with an incredible knockout. The second half was a complete flip-flop loop-de-loop. He lost the title on the scale in his first attempted defense, and then he took a knee to the groin so devastating it shattered his protective cup, rendering him unable to continue. He’s bringing his 4-0 (1 No Contest) ONE record to try and reclaim the belt.

Fabricio de Andrade is a solid finisher, ending 6 of his 8 wins inside the distance. He also hasn’t lost since his 3rd pro fight, rattling off seven victories in a row, including 5-0 (1 No Contest) in ONE.

Lineker looked to be fading in the first fight, presumably in part due to the weight cut issues. If he shows up in better shape, he’s got more than enough power to hurt Andrade. However, Andrade is a solid striker as well, and as is the case with most John Lineker fights, the opponent has a sizable physical advantage. Fabricio is 7 years younger, 3 inches taller, with nearly 5 inches of reach on Lineker. I just hope the fight has a real conclusion this time.

Lightweight Title (Muay Thai) - Tawanchai PK Saenchai vs Jamal “Kherow” Yusupov

Tawanchai is 128-31 in kickboxing. He was the 2018 Lumpinee Stadium and Sports Authority of Thailand Fighter of the Year. He’s the current ONE Featherweight Muay Thai champ, having won the title with a decision victory over Petchmorakot Petchyindee Academy in September.

Yusupov is 3-0 in ONE kickboxing and Muay Thai, with 3 other fights falling apart.

You know my catchphrase by now - Muay Thai rules and you should watch it so watch this fight, it should rule.

Lightweight - Martin “The Situ-Asian” Nguyen vs Shamil “The Cobra” Gasanov

Nguyen is 14-6 with 10 wins by TKO and 3 by submission. He is 11-6 in ONE, having lost his most recent fight in September by first round TKO. He’s the former ONE Featherweight and Lightweight world champ, and was the first person in ONE to hold two belts simultaneously.

Gasanov is 13-0, with 9 wins by submission and 2 by TKO. He is 1-0 in ONE, having submitted Jae Woong Kim in October. It took until his 7th fight for Gasanov to face an opponent who had won prior to facing him. In his first nine fights, he fought seven people who had never notched a victory.

We’ve got a bit of a striker versus grappler matchup. Gasanov’s really only faced four opponents that could be considered legitimate. Nguyen has only been submitted once, and it was in 2015.

119 lb (Grappling) - Danielle Kelly vs Ayaka Miura

The only names I recognize on Kelly’s grappling record are MMA fighters, and she’s beat them. Miura is a MMA fighter, with a 11-5 record, boasting 7 submission wins.

Bantamweight - Eko Roni Saputra vs Danny “The King” Kingad

Saputra is 7-1, with 2 TKO and 5 submission wins. All of his fights have been in ONE, and he’s on a 7-fight win streak.

Kingad is 14-3, with 1 TKO and 2 submission wins. He is 10-3 in ONE, having last fought in a losing effort to Kairat Akhmetov in 2021.

Kingad has faced better competition, though his record against that better competition isn’t great. He’s also over a year out of action, and he could be rusty.

Featherweight (Kickboxing) - Saempetch Fairtex vs ChenLong “Muay Thai Boy” Zhang

Saempetch is 124-18 in kickboxing.

Zhang’s kickboxing record on Tapology has him at 10-6, with 5 straight losses.

Something tells me that the Thai fighter is the real Muay Thai Boy, but I guess that’s why they’re fighting.

Heavyweight (Kickboxing) - Andrei “Mister KO” Stoica vs Francesco Xhaja

Stoica is 54-13 with 30 wins by knockout in kickboxing. He is the former SUPERKOMBAT Super Cruiserweight champion.

Xhaja is 1-2 in kickboxing according to Tapology. I’m pretty sure his record is a bit more extensive than that.

Large men throwing meaty heat, let’s go!

Postlim Card - After Main Card, YouTube

Flyweight - Adrian “Papua Badboy” Mattheis vs Zelangzhaxi

Mattheis is 10-6, with 5 TKO and 4 submission wins. All of his bouts have taken place inside the ONE Circle. He lost his most recent contest, getting submitted by Alex Silva in June.

Zelangzhaxi is 16-7, with 10 TKO and 3 submission wins. He is 3-2 in ONE, with all 3 wins coming under the ONE Hero Series banner. He lost his last bout, getting knocked out in the first round last July.

It is time for the Papua Badboy, baby!

Welterweight (Grappling) - Uali Kurzhev vs Tommy Langaker

Kurzhev is a judoka who was last seen getting heel hooked by Kade Ruotolo for the inaugural ONE Welterweight grappling title.

Langaker is 120-29 in grappling bouts. He’s won several European grappling contests.

I don’t know diddly squortch about grappling. This could be cool, or it could be ten minutes of two sweaty guys frantically grabbing at each other as they scrabble around on the ground like little lizards. Or, in other words - cool.

Strawweight - Linda Darrow vs Victoria “Vick” Souza

Darrow is 6-0, with 5 TKO wins. She’s fought exclusively in One Pride MMA, which has somehow not been sued into oblivion.

Souza is 6-1, with 3 TKO and 2 submission wins. She went 5-0 in Gladiator CF before leaving Brazil for ONE and losing to Angela Lee. She then went back to Gladiator, winning over a 5-9 opponent last September.

Souza’s first 5 opponents are a combined 0-5. To a woman, they made their pro debut to get beat up by Souza and have never fought again. Her other victory came against someone who is now 5-10, putting her combined opponent record to 5-15. Darrow’s opponents are 11-12. Nobody is fighting anyone of consequence, so it’s unclear if either fighter here is of consequence.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Fight Week, Pets Week - ONE Prime 7 edition

Lineker's dog

Ayaka Miura's rabbit

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Breaking news, Bellator fighters are drug tested out of competition

https://twitter.com/mma_kings/status/1628122195640651789?t=Fj8edkFcb2YU9HzlcYqTIQ&s=19

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

:siren: B League Preview Time! :siren:

Bellator 291 - Saturday, February 25, 2023

Main Card - 4 PM ET, ShowTime

Welterweight Title - Yaroslav “Dynamo” Amosov vs Logan “Storm” Storley

Amosov is 26-0, with 9 TKO and 10 submission wins. He is 7-0 in Bellator, with one TKO and one submission win. His last fight was June 2021, winning the welterweight belt by decision against Douglas Lima. Since then, Amasov has been in his native Ukraine, fighting the Russian invasion.

Storley is 14-1 with 8 TKOs. He’s 9-1 in Bellator, with 3 stoppage victories. He was last in action against Michael Page, taking a decision and the interim title in May 2022.

This is a rematch from 2020, a split decision win for Amosov, and the only blemish on Storley’s record. Both men are strong grapplers, with Amosov utilizing his sambo background, and Storley relying on his corn-fed midwestern freestyle wrestling.

Featherweight - Pedro “The Game” Carvalho vs Jeremy “JBC” Kennedy

Carvalho is 13-6, with 2 TKO and 6 submission wins. He’s 6-3 in Bellator, most recently beating Mads Burnell in September.

Kennedy is 18-3 with 7 TKO and 2 submission wins. He went 3-1 in the UFC, 2-1 in PFL, and is 3-1 in Bellator. He was most recently seen destroying Aaron Pico’s shoulder in October.

Kennedy’s losses have come against guys who are a combined 79-8. That’s wild. I’ve got tremendous respect for the man who calls himself Junior Bacon Cheeseburger.

Lightweight - Peter “The Showstopper” Queally vs Bryce Logan

Queally is 13-7, with 3 TKO wins. He’s 2-3 in Bellator, currently on a two fight losing streak.

Logan is 12-7, with 1 TKO and 3 submission wins. He’s 0-4 in Bellator, and is currently on a 3-fight losing streak.

Here we see Bellator’s desperate attempts to make Peter Queally relevant. Sheesh.

Featherweight - Sinead “KO” Kavanaugh vs Janay “Hollowpoint” Harding

Kavanaugh is 8-5, with 4 TKO wins. She is 5-5 in Bellator, and is on a one-fight win streak.

Harding is 6-6, with 4 TKOs. She is 3-4 in Bellator, and is on a two-fight losing streak.

Here we see Bellator’s desperate attempts to make Kavanaugh into A Thing. Yowza.

Featherweight - Ciaran Clarke vs Leonardos “Pitbull” Sinis

Clarke is 6-0, with 1 TKO and 3 submission wins. He is 6-0 in Bellator’s world famous Circlegon.

Sinis is 11-5 with 1 TKO and 10 submission wins. He’s on a two fight, two submission win streak.

Sinis hasn’t really beaten anyone of note, and Clarke is an Irish in Irishland, you do the extremely easy math here.

Prelim Card - 11:30 AM ET, YouTube

Light Heavyweight - Karl Moore vs Maciej “Spartan” Rozanski

Moore is 10-2, with 2 TKO and 5 submission wins. He’s on a two-fight win streak, both bouts taking place in Bellator. Most recently, he submitted Karl Albrektsson in September in a tragic Karl Fight (Karl shall never harm Karl).

Rozanski is 14-3, bringing 2 TKO and 9 submission wins to the cage. He’s on a four fight win streak, most recently taking a decision over Lee Chadwick in his Bellator debut last May.

Both guys look solid, though their most notable names are both losses, with Moore getting guillotined by Paul Craig and Rozanski dropping a decision to Jack Hermansson. Strangely enough, both of those fights took place in 2015. Spooky stuff!

Middleweight - Charlie “Relentless” Ward vs Mike “Sea Bass” Shipman

Ward is 10-5, with six of those wins coming by TKO. He went 0-2 in UFC, losing both bouts by first round KO. He’s 7-2 in Bellator, but did lose his most recent fight in October by decision.

Shipman is 14-4, with 7 TKO and 6 submission wins. He is 5-3 in Bellator, losing in May by first round TKO.

Of all the terrible troglodytes associated with Conor McGregor, I still can’t believe a major MMA organization is trying to make Charlie Ward into something resembling a mildly competent fighter. Those 7 Bellator wins have come against an extremely mediocre group of guys who have a combined 0.539 win rate. But here we are, again, trying to throw someone at Charlie so that he can get a win so that Conor can be proud of his friend.

Heavyweight - Gokhan Saricam vs Oleg Popov

Saricam is 8-1 with 6 TKO wins. He is 4-1 in Bellator, and has won four in a row after dropping his promotional debut to Steve Mowry.

Popov is 15-1, boasting 8 TKO and 3 submission wins. He’s on a 13-fight win streak, most recently pummeling the sad husk of Bigfoot Silva in June.

Someone’s one is gonna be done!

Middleweight - “Magic” Norbert Novenyi Jr vs Andy “Predator” Manzolo

Novenyi is 5-0 with 4 submission wins. He’s 4-0 in Bellator, most recently taking a submission victory in 2020. He had a bout scheduled for 2021, but had to withdraw after tearing his ACL.

Manzolo is 26-9 with 6 TKO and 17 submission wins. He’s 0-2 in Bellator, but is currently on a 3 fight win streak back where the competition is easier.

Manzolo is a tremendous can crusher. Five of his wins have come against guys who aren’t even on Tapology. He’s got another 4 wins against known jobbers, including three coming over Shaun Lomas. Wild that the guy named Norbert is a much scarier threat than the PREDATOR, but here we are.

Bantamweight - Brian “The Pikeman” Moore vs Luca “Duke” Iovine

Moore is 15-9, and brings 4 TKO and 6 submission wins to the world famous Bellator Circlegon. He is 6-5 in Bellator, having won his most recent fight by decision in September.

Iovine is 18-8, with 4 TKO and 10 submission wins. He’s on a one-fight win streak, notching a first round submission in October.

Fourteen of Iovine’s first fifteen fights came against guys that barely exist. He went 0-3 in Cage Warriors, so it looks like he struggles against real competition.

Featherweight - Piotr “Niedziela” Niedzielski vs Richie Smullen

Niedzielski is 17-4, with 5 TKO and 6 submission wins. He’s won 9 in a row, including his Bellator debut in May.

Smullen is 9-2, and has notched 2 TKO and 5 sub wins. He went 0-1 in UFC and is 3-1 in Bellator. He’s currently on a four fight win streak, with his last win coming in February 2022.

NIedzielski has slightly better wins on his record, though I might just be saying that because of a split decision over Pedro Carvalho.

Featherweight - Darragh “The Moville Mauler” Kelly vs Dorval Jordan

Kelley is 2-0 as a pro, both wins coming inside Bellator’s Circlegon. He’s got one submission to his credit.

Jordan is 2-2 with both wins coming by TKO.

Look, it’s prelim dregs time. Jordan’s got more fight cancellations than wins.

Featherweight - Asael “The Sultan” Adjoudj vs Liam McCracken

Adjoudj is 4-1, and has 2 TKO and 1 submission win. He’s 2-1 in Bellator.

McCracken is 3-0 with 1 TKO and 2 submission wins.

These guys have 9 bout cancellations between them. Nobody wants to fight any more!

Flyweight - Elina “Gunner” Kallionidou vs Jena Bishop

Kallionidou is 9-4 with 2 submissions and 5 TKO wins. She is 2-4 in Bellator, having won her two most recent bouts.

Bishop is 4-0, with two submission wins. All four of her previous fights have been in LFA.

Striker versus Grappler, Greek versus American. Two wars that have been waged for all time begin another chapter today.

Featherweight - Kenny “Black Diamond” Mokhonoana vs Craig “Mop” McIntosh

Mokhonoana is 4-0, with all four wins coming by submission. He’s 1-0 in Bellator, winning his promotional debut in September.

McIntosh is 3-4, with 1 TKO and 2 submission wins. He’s currently on a two-fight losing streak, having last won in 2015.

Black Diamond is going to wipe the floor with Mop.

Welterweight - Daniele “Scat” Scatizzi vs Dmytrii Hrytsenko

Scatizzi is 12-6, with 5 TKO and 2 sub wins. He’s 4-2 in Bellator, winning his latest bout in October.

Hrytsenko is 7-0 with 4 TKO and 2 submission wins.

Hrytsenko’s first 5 wins came against guys who barely count as fighters.

Welterweight - Steven Hill vs Joel Kouadja

Hill is 6-0 with 3 TKO and 2 submission wins. He’s 1-0 inside Bellator.

Kouadja is 7-9, with 5 TKO and 1 submission win. His career has been a land of contrasts. He started 0-4, then had another four-fight losing streak after notching his first career win. At 1-8, he went on a 6-fight win streak before losing his most recent bout, a second round submission loss.

Neither of these men have really beaten anyone good or relevant or real, but I think Hill’s going to be slightly better.

Featherweight - Khasan Magomedsharipov vs Rafael Hudson

Magomedsharipov is 7-0, with 2 TKO and 3 submission wins. He’s 2-0 in Bellator.

Hudson is 7-4 with 3 TKO and 4 submission wins. He is 0-1 in Bellator.

As usual, it is best to back a Magomed, especially on the Bellator Human Sacrifice Hour prelims presented by Monster Energy.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

LobsterMobster posted:

Fight Week, Pets Week - ONE Prime 7 edition

Lineker's dog

Ayaka Miura's rabbit

Fight Week, Pet Week - Bellator 291 Edition

Amosov's dogosov (As always, we here at FWPW do not condone cropping dog ears)

Storley's cat

Peter Queally's pair o'pups

Jena Bishop's Cash and Toast

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Pwny_Xpress posted:

On a scale from 1 to horse meat buffets for the fighters backstage, how blind are OneFC to PEDs?

Well, Chatri said his fighters have too much bushido spirit (oss!) to use steroids, so I'm sure everything is fine

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Jeezum crow, that sure is a lot of non Wikipedia page having fighters on the prelims

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

you know how carl's write up is good and full of information and nuance? throw that out the window, it's

:siren: b league preview time :siren:

ONE Friday Fights 6 - Friday, February 24, 2023

Bantamweight (Muay Thai) - Gingsanglek Tor Laksong vs Kongthoranee Sor Sommai

Gingsanglek is 31-19, maybe. He’s the 2020 Siam Omnoi Stadium champ at 135 lbs, with one successful defense.

Kongthoranee is 33-22 on Wikipedia. He was Rajadamnern Stadium champ at 122 lbs in 2018 and the 135 lbs champ in 2022.

Muay Thai whips rear end and you should watch the hell out of it.

141 lb Catchweight (Muay Thai) - Petchmanee Por Lakboon vs Khunhanlek Singmawynn

Time for some lads to throw their bones into each other quite viciously.

Strawweight (Muay Thai) - Khunsueklek UFABoomdeksian vs Koko Sor Sommai

Here comes the BOOM!

143 lb Catchweight (Muay Thai) - Petsaenkom Yaicheyseafood vs Yodprabsuk Sor Ninthai

On Tapology, the guy’s name is listed as Petchsankom Sitnayoktang, but Wikipedia has the above, and of course I went with the one that includes “seafood”. More fighters need to be named for the restaurant they’re sponsored by.

Bantamweight (Muay Thai) - Padetsuek Fairtex vs Muhammad Johan Ghazali

Fairtex Squad, staaaaaand up!

Strawweight (Muay Thai) - Yoddoi Kaewsamrit vs Chokdee Maxjandee

Yoddoi lost on Friday Fights 2. Let’s see if he can get a win on this edition.

Featherweight (Muay Thai) - Ilias “Tweety” Ennahachi vs Aliasghar Ghodratisaraskan

Ennahachi is 37-3 in kickboxing, and was the ONE Flyweight kickboxing champ, but had to vacate the belt after failing to make weight ahead of a defense.

Lightweight - Anzor Chakaev vs Leonardo Casotti

Chakaev is 6-0 with 3 TKO wins. He’s fought almost entirely in Russia and Dagestan, with one jaunt over to Ukraine, but now he’s in Thailand, baby.

Casotti is 9-2 with 4 TKO and 3 submission wins. He dropped his first two bouts and since then has won 9 in a row.

Both guys are untested in terms of solid competition. Let’s just hope someone ends it quick so we can get back to the good poo poo - scorching hot Muay Thai action.

Welterweight (Kickboxing) - Bogdan Shumarov vs Marwin Houli

Bog Dan, the Bog Man, from the Bog Land.

Featherweight - Brogan “Broken Heart” Stewart-Ng vs “Rice Champ” Riccardo Cantindigg-Stagg

Stewart-Ng is 1-0 in MMA, winning his debut in 2020 with a submission in ONE.

Cantindigg-Stagg is 0-1, losing his pro MMA debut by third-round TKO at ONE Friday Fights 2 in January.

“Broken Heart” is totally an anime villain name, and I can’t stand for such buffoonery.

Featherweight (Muay Thai) - Hercules Wor Jakrawut vs Shingo Shibata

Hercules! Hercules! Hercules!

Shibata looks to be roughly 11-5 in kickboxing. He’s also not the famous wrestler who broke his brain from too many headbutts.

Strawweight (Muay Thai) - Celest Hansen vs Angela Chang

Small Muay Thai! Let’s go!

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

LobsterMobster posted:

Fight Week, Pet Week - Bellator 291 Edition

Amosov's dogosov (As always, we here at FWPW do not condone cropping dog ears)

Storley's cat

Peter Queally's pair o'pups

Jena Bishop's Cash and Toast

Fight Week, Pet Week - ONE Friday Fights 6 Edition

Brogan Stewart-Ng's cat

Celest Hansen's bird

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

LobsterMobster posted:

Fight Week, Pet Week - ONE Friday Fights 6 Edition

Brogan Stewart-Ng's cat

Celest Hansen's bird

Fight Week, Pet Week - UFC Fight Night - Krylov vs Spann edition

Tatiana Suarez's dog, Layla

Mike Malott's cat

Yohan Lainesse's big boi

Ode Osbourne's friend

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

Conor looks like he's transforming into MODOK

Mental Organism Designed Only for Kokaine

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Not trying to go after you specifically, and maybe some folk react more to a visual thing, but Carl already broke this info down in his card breakdown. We are in the depths of hell, and there is nothing but Contender Series people in all directions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

MMA GDT: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4025169