Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

rodbeard posted:

I'm pretty bummed out about what feels like a concentrated effort to drive out a lot of the posters I like from the community. You could have at least put some effort into making that thread for real.

On top of this I do not feel providing my actual feedback will be remotely worthwhile or valuable because the powers that be seem to view many of us with disdain at best and active hatred at worst

If this is not true then please do a better job of showing it

also can we have a thread for posting your favourite method of making GBS threads in a bucket. Usually I just squat over it but open to any new techniques, some big developments in the bucket making GBS threads community recently

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

Tism the Dragon Tickler posted:

Perhaps you should be addressing the fact that there was poop to touch at all, and that it is literally your job to remove it, instead of getting rid of the people who kept pointing out the poop to you.

if we get the bucket making GBS threads thread up and running then it'll be easier to remove as everyone hones their technique

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

fun hater posted:

lmfao oh no. how many died?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

does it count as qcs to say this was really heavy handed or is it pyf feedback because it happened here?

going to bed so I will find out how expensive this post was in the morning I guess

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
I don't recall giving you permission to quote me you big titted poo poo.

enjoy your holiday.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
here's my feedback

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

500 good dogs posted:

completely ignoring all of the sagas stuff, SPR was a good PYF IK and should have buttons restored. especially if they were taken away for giving seth a sixer because sixers aren't worth crying about. thanks for reading

this x100000. regular members are often told to get over it, it's just a sixer, slap on the wrist, who cares you big baby, etc. tell the same to your mods. if they're too thin skinned to follow the advice given to regular members, they're unsuitable for the position.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
e: respecting the above and deleted

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
here is a list of qualities that should exclude anyone from having buttons:

-thin skinned
-liable to get drunk on power
-superiority complex
-inability to read
-heavily invested/inability to stay detached
-powerful body odour

Any single one of these is enough to be unsuitable imo. now please review everyone with buttons and ask yourself how many have multiple

this is relevant to pyf because these are my favourite reasons not to give someone power

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

Charles Bukowski posted:

I agree, but some folk do bring out the insults, and unfortunately the r-slur, a bit quicker than I would prefer to try and get things done. I agree with the spirit of every message regarding the abysmal mod/admin behaviour, but we have some rude folks that can make this harder. I know I know, civility politics. I know.

Yeah granted, there's a happy medium between soulless decorum voice and pure FYAD and things probably lean closer to the latter atm which I'm sure only pisses em off further.

But then I guess it's chicken and egg situation. Which came first, staff appearing to hold sheer contempt for the user base or users being rude and souring their attitude? Idk I'm not gonna trawl archives to find out

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
rotating IKs works great in imp zone. doing it elsewhere may get too close to admitting IZ is right about something for the admins tastes tho

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
I'll suffer the indignity of actually putting effort into an OP if people want the zoos thread back, unless we're holding out hope it'll be ungassed

will still be making a mod joke about the Iceland dick museum tho

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
I can imagine the answer literally being "no" without any qualifiers tbh

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
zoo thread is up :cheers:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4025044

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

very normal

Dr. Cool Aids