Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Endorph posted:

It didn't hit any particular group, it didn't resolve any underlying drama, it just made a couple of the smaller forms lose their fixtures for no particular reason. There has been no apology or official comment on it.

all of the community-building effort available has gone into making five tweets from the official SA twitter account over the course of this year, op

it's great that searching "something awful" on twitter in incognito mode brings up a banned paedophile furry promoting his podcast about the forums as the first result.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

studio mujahideen posted:

i mean i think like 95% of Games posters have no idea anything is happening, and dont care. nothing thats happened here has like, truly affected adtrw, which is cool as hell

i think people are extrapolating a lot about how threads they posted in encompass the Whole Userbase. theres nearly 2000 people online at around midnight american pst. how many of them know what the sagas thread is

Bro literally every time I see you post it's popping into a thread with some pedantic "Um, actually" poo poo. Calm down man

Fsmhunk
Jul 19, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

studio mujahideen posted:

im not 'willfully' missing the point, im disagreeing with some of what you're saying lol

i think some of the bans were loving weird, and i think that the huge admin protection on that gbs thread loving sucks. i think the gang tags were funny, and the post-christmas probate was weird but also pretty funny. i dont expect everyone to agree with each of those points, and i only say that to say that everyone is going to feel differently about each individual thing here, and i think tying this all together as "the admins are waging a war on his users" is not like a reasonable thing to project out.

like when the lowtax poo poo happened, it was in every single thread. no matter what it was about. you couldnt avoid it. i stopped reading the sagas thread for a few weeks, but kept up on most of the other threads i read, and had no idea any of this happened until i looked at the lepers colon. the userbase is not largely affected by this.

its just been pages of "when will the admins answer us??" and like, thats their answer. no. its bad answer for some stuff for sure, but it seems like you're not going to get a different one.

honestly jeffs a big stats guy. if you really want to stick it to him, arrange a post strike or whatever. he clearly likes metrics.

....Weren't you a 'FYAD Is all Nazis' guy?

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
hoping today the admins apppear

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
everyone loves posting on something awful, home to the lowest-stake palace intrigues ever committed to text

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
admins emerge from their burrow and see their shadow confirming and early start to shitposting this year

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 56 days!

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

home to the lowest-stake palace intrigues ever committed to text

this is legit the thing i love most about this place

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm going to write violent fan fiction about a staff member and his family, but this time... The anger will not be understandable :D

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

Sally posted:

...in my ironsights. my glock is lonely.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Sally posted:

I'm sure they'll appear today Estragon!

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

croup coughfield posted:

this is legit the thing i love most about this place

banning napoleon then retreating to versailles, confident in my authority as sun king

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

Sally posted:

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there wondering, fearing,
Doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before;
But the silence was unbroken, and the stillness gave no token,

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
Waiting for Modot

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Nothing happens, nobody comes, nobody goes, it's Something Awful!

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Dr Kool-AIDS posted:

I'm sure they'll appear today Estragon!

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

Sally posted:

Waiting for Modot

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Sally posted:

https://i.imgur.com/gz8JW58.mp4

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are banned

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

A Probe For Emily

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

LETTIN THE CAT OUTTA THE BAG

Sally posted:

Waiting for Modot

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Sally posted:

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

Who is the my knife is lonely guy? We should make. Thread for stories like that.

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

Endorph posted:

Sally posted:

Waiting for Modot

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

Endorph posted:

Rosencrantz: I don't believe in it anyway.
Guildenstern: What?
Rosencrantz: Sagas.
Guildenstern: Just a conspiracy of posting pals, then?

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
wormtonguing the poo poo out of the D&D mods in order to broker a christmas armstice with the chaos gremlins of CSPAM

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

posting a "we're sorry, furries!" article on the now-defunct front page

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
???

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
i always like that article title still being there any time i see the home page

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

i was born to stand astride history

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕

MS Paint posted:

This thread is the most HOA busybody poo poo ever. Dont you all have poo poo to do?

someone give this motherfucker the ice rear end!!!!

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
There's a front page?

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

well, there was

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
My first experience w/ SA was binging the review articles, always bums me out that the site is so dead.

Hopefully Jeff's self-exile to admin mountain hasn't delayed the planned 2050 relaunch

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
furries........ thank you for bringing light into our lives

Crespolini
Mar 9, 2014

Dr. Lunchables posted:

Who is the “my knife is lonely” guy? We should make. Thread for stories like that.

There was some lady on Twitter once who apropos of nothing declared it was never okay to joke about rape. A preteen boy replied to her, saying it was okay to joke about anything as long as the joke was funny.

The lady had a bunch of orbiters who all immediately joined her in harassing the child, and for some reason speculating about the size of his genitals. This crowd included several SA posters and (now former) moderator Abe.

The lonely knife guy wasn't a poster I don't think, just a chivalrous knight who offered the lady his services in murdering any further children who might annoy her, if she could only find their addresses for him. His knife was very lonely, after all.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
lol. what the gently caress. what a normal thing to reference. Jeff what's wrong with your brain, retard.

CountryMatters
Apr 8, 2009

IT KEEPS HAPPENING

Feels Villeneuve posted:

furries........ thank you for bringing light into our lives

saint hedrigall watching this thread beatifically from the next realm

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

doesn't even make sense

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

CountryMatters posted:

saint hedrigall watching this thread beatifically from the next realm

hedrigall might have been a terrible gimmick poster but also received the worst probation i think ive ever seen a user get, for "importing offsite drama" when reporting a user being predatory on an SA discord