Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who ya got?
This poll is closed.
Chiefs 42 41.18%
Eagles 60 58.82%
Total: 102 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Why does Carr care if he gets cut or traded? He gets to pick the team regardless with his NTC.

Although I guess if he’s traded, that takes a 5th round or whatever pitiful compensation away from his new team.

Does he have to get bought out if he’s cut?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

Why does Carr care if he gets cut or traded? He gets to pick the team regardless with his NTC.

Although I guess if he’s traded, that takes a 5th round or whatever pitiful compensation away from his new team.

Because a) gently caress the Raiders and b) if he’s cut he can negotiate with whoever he wants instead of just teams that are willing to pay the Raiders asking price. His current contract is also a sticking point for teams that might want to sign him but don’t want to take an immediate huge cap hit.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Bows head...sadly it's probably time for this. I made an offseason thread

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4024121

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

If you want to play the game to win, instead of playing the game to get huge fat sacks of cash, why are you handicapping your new team by forcing them to pay 2 first round picks to acquire you?

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

SKULL.GIF posted:

If you want to play the game to win, instead of playing the game to get huge fat sacks of cash, why are you handicapping your new team by forcing them to pay 2 first round picks to acquire you?

Why would anyone pay a couple firsts for a QB that’s about to get cut? He has a full NTC so if he doesn’t want to play for your team, he doesn’t have to in either case. You can’t force him to play for your team via trade either.

The Raiders have 0 leverage and will never get a single first for him since they have to take on his contract.

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.
If Carr is cut today, does he still have to go through waivers? Avoiding the (probably very small) chance of getting picked up by a team he'd rather not go to is the only reason I could see him being OK with a trade, and even then only if it's a team he legitimately wants to go to.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Black Lighter posted:

If Carr is cut today, does he still have to go through waivers? Avoiding the (probably very small) chance of getting picked up by a team he'd rather not go to is the only reason I could see him being OK with a trade, and even then only if it's a team he legitimately wants to go to.

Nah, waiver rules are only if you have less then 4 accrued seasons or in the regular season past the trading deadline.

Carr will be free.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1625517551022231552

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Jesus Carr, don't go to the Saints and bury yourself.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Ravens hired an offensive coordinator, what is happening

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

On the other hand, he's be the best QB of that division. :thunk:

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

Feel like maybe the Carr market is going to be slowed a bit as teams try to feel out the Rodgers situation? Or maybe he just signs with an NFC South team right away or something idk.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Hey hey hey hey

Never mind that’s fair.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.

Android Apocalypse posted:

On the other hand, he's be the best QB of that division. :thunk:

He would be the best QB of any NFC division he went to.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

MrLogan posted:

He would be a respectable second place to one J. Goff.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

MJeff posted:

He would be a respectable second place to one Geno Smith

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

MrLogan posted:

This is Kirk Cousins slander and I will not have it.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

MrLogan posted:

This isn't true of any division except the NFCS where it's literally just by default because none of the teams have a QB

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Nodoze posted:

This isn't true of any division except the NFCS where it's literally just by default because none of the teams have a QB

NCFW has an argument

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

Professor Funk posted:

Feel like maybe the Carr market is going to be slowed a bit as teams try to feel out the Rodgers situation? Or maybe he just signs with an NFC South team right away or something idk.

I know everything indicates that Reich and the Panthers aren't going to bring in another veteran QB, but I think they're closer to contending for the NFC than anyone realizes and they'd probably be better served signing him and using the draft to bolster their defense than trying to trade up.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.

Nodoze posted:

The only argument is Rodgers and I think Rodgers is cooked.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

MrLogan posted:

The only argument is Rodgers and I think Rodgers is cooked.

Cousins is better than Carr.

a neat cape posted:

NCFW has an argument

Stafford is better

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

sharknado slashfic posted:

Ravens hired an offensive coordinator, what is happening

https://twitter.com/Ravens/status/1625522793088516097?s=20&t=gJ6RxkuToIpU5JazyzxzTw

Eagerly waiting to hear from Kawalimus why this guy sucks poo poo and Harbaugh should be fired

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

MrLogan posted:

I know you're a raiders carr meme boy but if he came to the NFCE he might, MIGHT, take the spot of Heineke to be the 4th best.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Eagles window closed

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

ASAPRockySituation posted:

I know you're a raiders carr meme boy but if he came to the NFCE he might, MIGHT, take the spot of Heineke to be the 4th best.

Oh come on, I'll give you Dak and Hurts, but he's clearly better then Daniel Jones or anyone on Football Team.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Dimes is evolving. He adds more versatility than Carr in the modern nfl.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Freaquency posted:

https://twitter.com/Ravens/status/1625522793088516097?s=20&t=gJ6RxkuToIpU5JazyzxzTw

Eagerly waiting to hear from Kawalimus why this guy sucks poo poo and Harbaugh should be fired

Absolutely horrible. My nightmare hire. gently caress college football and 90% of the coaches associated with it. Oh yeah sure he can run over everyone on an SEC team with talent that is much higher than others. This is a god drat disgrace.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
He has coordinated successful NFL offenses

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Nodoze posted:

Stafford is better

Stafford looked awful this year and I would not bet on him going forward

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Pron on VHS posted:

He has coordinated successful NFL offenses

No he hasnt. I looked him up and he was with the browns and bucs and they were nothing to write home about.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Kawalimus posted:

Absolutely horrible. My nightmare hire. gently caress college football and 90% of the coaches associated with it. Oh yeah sure he can run over everyone on an SEC team with talent that is much higher than others. This is a god drat disgrace.

It's a good hire you absolute weirdo

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

a neat cape posted:

Stafford looked awful this year and I would not bet on him going forward

He was hurt. Carr was also terrible this year

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Nodoze posted:

Stafford was awful before he got hurt this year.

I have more faith in Carr going forward now that he's free of that garbage organization

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Kawalimus posted:

gently caress yes, pencil in the Ravens for the AFCCG now

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

Kawalimus posted:

No he hasnt. I looked him up and he was with the browns and bucs and they were nothing to write home about.

Yeah maybe he sucks, I don’t know and don’t really care. Just remember that Bucs fans were upset when he left, but maybe I am misremembering that too

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Nodoze posted:

Carr wasn’t terrible. He was worse than the last few years but still in the 10-15 range.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Pron on VHS posted:

Yeah maybe he sucks, I don’t know and don’t really care. Just remember that Bucs fans were upset when he left, but maybe I am misremembering that too

His Bucs offenses were pretty prolific despite being stuck with Jameis and Fitzpatrick. The Browns year was with Kitchens running the show and I’m not sure how much influence Monken actually had over the offense but that was a lovely situation no matter what.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Well whatever. Guess it's not worth complaining about till we actually see the offense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Kawalimus posted:

gently caress college football and 90% of the coaches associated with it.

the number of nfl coaches not associated with college football is zero