Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who ya got?
This poll is closed.
Chiefs 42 41.18%
Eagles 60 58.82%
Total: 102 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.

Nodoze posted:

Cousins is better than Carr.

Stafford is better

lol. Way to lose all creditability instantly.

Stafford has never been good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

MrLogan posted:

That is a wildly inaccurate statement

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Carr wasn’t terrible. He was worse than the last few years but still in the 10-15 range.

Who is the top and who is the bottom

code:
15	6-9-0	305	502	60.8	3522	24	4.8	14	2.8	161	60	7.0	6.7	11.5	234.8	86.3
15	4-11-0	292	483	60.5	3524	16	3.3	11	2.3	142	67	7.3	6.9	12.1	234.9	84.4

Carr top, Russell Wilson bottom

Nodoze fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Feb 14, 2023

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Stafford threw for 5k yards before he ever got to the Rams. He did that in Detroit which is insane. Then he finally goes to a team with a good coach and won the SB immediately.

When Mahomes got in the league he mentioned his arm being like Stafford, not Brady or Manning.

Stafford is really good.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

MrLogan posted:

Stafford carried the one team the refs hate more than the Raiders before he was finally allowed to escape and win a ring.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

a neat cape posted:

Stafford was awful before he got hurt this year.

I have more faith in Carr going forward now that he's free of that garbage organization

Maybe he got more hurt as the season went along but he was dealing with a mysterious elbow issue all year. It was a big storyline going into week 1. He and McVay kept insisting he could play through it but he very obviously could not.

https://www.sbnation.com/platform/amp/nfl/2022/9/8/23342994/matthew-stafford-injury-elbow-treatment-status-what-we-know

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

kiimo posted:

Stafford threw for 5k yards before he ever got to the Rams. He did that in Detroit which is insane. Then he finally goes to a team with a good coach and won the SB immediately.

When Mahomes got in the league he mentioned his arm being like Stafford, not Brady or Manning.

Stafford is really good.

I've been a fan of Stafford since his rookie season, because of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rvIwyikbRU

Motherfucker is having a hard time high-fiving with the arm he just threw a TD with.

e. Oops

mllaneza fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Feb 14, 2023

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

mllaneza posted:

I've been a fan of Stafford since his rookie season, because of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rvIwyikbRU

Motherfucker is having a hard time high-fiving with the arm he just threw a TD with.

I thought it was his left shoulder he injured.

Either way Stafford is a tough SOB. Alas he thought he could tough out that injury in 2022 and he was wrong.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Nodoze posted:

That is a wildly inaccurate statement

Who is the top and who is the bottom

code:
15	6-9-0	305	502	60.8	3522	24	4.8	14	2.8	161	60	7.0	6.7	11.5	234.8	86.3
15	4-11-0	292	483	60.5	3524	16	3.3	11	2.3	142	67	7.3	6.9	12.1	234.9	84.4

Carr top, Russell Wilson bottom

50% more TDs is a pretty big deal. He was top 15 in Yards, YPG, TDs, TD%. His completion percent tanked but you can probably attribute that at least partially to the new system. He wasn’t great but QB play also just kind of sucked this year so he’s still in the top half of the league.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.
Stafford, Dak, and Murray are great litmus tests. You know if someone says they are good QBs that they only pay attention to fanty.

At least TFF is finally starting to come around on Murray.

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014

Borsche69 posted:

the number of nfl coaches not associated with college football is zero

Only because the Colts didn't keep Jeff Saturday

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

MrLogan posted:

lmao

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

MrLogan posted:

Wtf is this poo poo. Somebody needs a Staff infection.

Dog Faced JoJo
Oct 15, 2004

Woof Woof

LOL this poo poo is like mom and dad fighting in front of the kids

Dog Faced JoJo
Oct 15, 2004

Woof Woof

Dog Faced JoJo posted:

LOL this poo poo is like mom and dad fighting in front of the kids

It was supposed to include this screenshot too. I suck at computers

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

YOLOsubmarine posted:

50% more TDs is a pretty big deal. He was top 15 in Yards, YPG, TDs, TD%. His completion percent tanked but you can probably attribute that at least partially to the new system. He wasn’t great but QB play also just kind of sucked this year so he’s still in the top half of the league.

He has more passing TDs but he also had Adams and a better coach. Everything else is virtually identical. Their adjusted yards per attempt and net yards per attempt are basically the same.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Nodoze posted:

He has more passing TDs but he also had Adams and a better coach. Everything else is virtually identical. Their adjusted yards per attempt and net yards per attempt are basically the same.

Scoring points is a pretty important metric for a QB, I think. Also, you’ve got to be dumb as hell to think having Josh McDaniels as your head coach is a point in favor. He’s a clown.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Stafford gonna be quadriplegic by 40 if he keeps playing and really mashes that spinal cord nto oblivion

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Scoring points is a pretty important metric for a QB, I think. Also, you’ve got to be dumb as hell to think having Josh McDaniels as your head coach is a point in favor. He’s a clown.

You are really going to say that Hackett is an equivalent coach?

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Can’t believe that leaked video of the refs chatting before the Super Bowl. Openly saying how erect they get calling penalties on Las Vegas

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

MrLogan posted:

Stafford, Dak, and Murray are great litmus tests. You know if someone says they are good QBs that they only pay attention to fanty.

At least TFF is finally starting to come around on Murray.

Murray is probably not good, granted, but comparing Dak and Stafford to him is just nuts. Stafford spent years putting up huge numbers on the Detroit Goddamned Lions before winning a ring and Dak, while probably not a great QB, is definitely at least very goodish outside the playoffs.

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way
I'm gonna want to see what Dak looks like next season before I go saying he's anything less than A Very Good Quarterback. If he keeps up the interceptions — especially in big moments — then it's worth revisiting, but I dunno, I fuckin' hate going up against him twice a year.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Toaster Beef posted:

I'm gonna want to see what Dak looks like next season before I go saying he's anything less than A Very Good Quarterback. If he keeps up the interceptions — especially in big moments — then it's worth revisiting, but I dunno, I fuckin' hate going up against him twice a year.

I agree, but like I said comparing him to Kyler Murray is nutso.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

What’s his k/d in CoD?

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

Nodoze posted:

You are really going to say that Hackett is an equivalent coach?

Hackett was getting called one of the worst, most unqualified coaches of all time a few weeks into his first season, and people were perfectly justified in doing that. Being better than him isn't even clearing a low bar, it's walking over a buried sewer pipe. Doesn't mean McDaniels is anywhere close to good himself.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Black Lighter posted:

Hackett was getting called one of the worst, most unqualified coaches of all time a few weeks into his first season, and people were perfectly justified in doing that. Being better than him isn't even clearing a low bar, it's walking over a buried sewer pipe. Doesn't mean McDaniels is anywhere close to good himself.

Pretty much. Hackett and McDaniels both took established QBs and made them look much worse. Hackett did a more thorough job of ruining a better QB but the difference between them is magnitude, not direction. They were both net drains on their offenses.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Kyler is closer to 2022 Russ than he is Dak. Kyler has very little aptitude for deep passing. He misses deep a lot and even with good players doesn't produce.

He's better middle of the field than Russ though and he can also still move around... Post injury that's going to be what to look out for.

His offensive style would work fine if the offense was designed to capitalize on the skillset he actually has. But I don't think Murray is ever going to be a QB that carries his team to wins.

The Dak hate feels like correcting the Dak love from previous seasons. He's going to have a bad season next year and that take is going to get stronger.

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Hackett did a more thorough job of ruining a better QB

Lol you just need a coach that will Let Russ Cook I guess

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020
How can anyone look at what Geno and the hawks did this year with a young and bad defense and still think Weirdo Russ is worth it

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

A Buffer Gay Dude posted:

How can anyone look at what Geno and the hawks did this year with a young and bad defense and still think Weirdo Russ is worth it

Why do you think Payton is bringing in Taysom?

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

Forrest on Fire posted:

Kyler is closer to 2022 Russ ... Kyler has very little aptitude for deep passing. He misses deep a lot and even with good players doesn't produce.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

Nobody does, but Denver is stuck with him so they just need to hope it was a very off year.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Forrest on Fire posted:

But I don't think Murray is ever going to be a QB that carries his team to wins.

I'm not sold on him being my franchise QB for a decade, but if you don't think he can drag his team to some wins, you're insane. Just look at the end of that Raiders OT game this year.

edit: start at 7:20 in this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5ko_NNMuPE&t=446s

The dude has some legit talent. Shame about the COD though.

Henrik Zetterberg fucked around with this message at 18:11 on Feb 15, 2023

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Murray just strikes me as a player who will always be wildly inconsistent. And it's hard to win like that.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Who said that? All I said is Russ was a better QB than Carr before this year.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

I'm not sold on him being my franchise QB for a decade, but if you don't think he can drag his team to some wins, you're insane. Just look at the end of that Raiders OT game this year.

edit: start at 7:20 in this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5ko_NNMuPE&t=446s

The dude has some legit talent. Shame about the COD though.

I mean enough to offset the games where he can't hit a flat route.

He has amazing games against absolute dogshit competition, and the second he's a focal point by a decent defensive team or scheme he tends to vanish

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Mr. Nice! posted:

I wish.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Mr. Nice! posted:

Do it payton, give the Broncos next available first for taysom and I'll forgive this little excursion that's taking you quite a while to pick up some milk and cigarettes.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

really queer Christmas posted:

Do it payton, give the Broncos next available first for taysom and I'll forgive this little excursion that's taking you quite a while to pick up some milk and cigarettes.

If any picks are exchanged it's the Saints sending one with Taysom to Denver to take his contract.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Taysom's kind of a punchline, especially with his contract, but hilariously he's still one of the best weapons on the Saints, if only because opposing defenses' brains just shut off whenever he's on the field.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Honestly if they don’t land a QB in FA or the draft, I think I’ve fallen into the “ehh gently caress it” category and let him run the offense one year as a true QB. (Assuming they use him as a running QB, not a pocket passer)

What are we going to get, worse?