Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who ya got?
This poll is closed.
Chiefs 42 41.18%
Eagles 60 58.82%
Total: 102 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Come on Russell, demand a trade. Make it hilarious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

Come on Russell, demand a trade. Make it hilarious.

If they could trade him they would trade him lol

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Which makes it hard to believe they told him "be bad."
Be bad.

Wait. Please. Don't be that bad. Be kinda less bad.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

kiimo posted:

The plucky team with a pedestrian QB and a good defense always beats the superstar QB in the Super Bowl, historically.

It worked for us just a few years ago fool, wrong team for this line

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Gonz posted:

“This is going to be a nanobubbles-free zone. None of that goofy space age bullshit in my facility.” - Sean Payton

Just good old fashioned pills. Lots of pills.

Please leave them in your open locker for me.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

My popcorn is ready

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

kiimo posted:

The plucky team with a pedestrian QB and a good defense always beats the superstar QB in the Super Bowl, historically.

mods?

in all seriousness i don't think the eagles are a plucky team this year. while Hurts is not a superstar, he's not pedestrian. and their offensive line is a juggernaut, they have an incredible WR duo, a TE in the top 5-8 in the league, a thousand yard rusher. you mentioned the defense so i won't extol their virtues but matchup to matchup the eagles aren't some cinderella story. their offensive talent is as good as or better than the defensive talent of the chiefs, it's just a matter of how close that gap is vs the chiefs offense to the eagles defense (with the historic sack numbers and sack rate)

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

aBagorn posted:

in all seriousness i don't think the eagles are a plucky team this year. while Hurts is not a superstar, he's not pedestrian. and their offensive line is a juggernaut, they have an incredible WR duo, a TE in the top 5-8 in the league, a thousand yard rusher. you mentioned the defense so i won't extol their virtues but matchup to matchup the eagles aren't some cinderella story. their offensive talent is as good as or better than the defensive talent of the chiefs, it's just a matter of how close that gap is vs the chiefs offense to the eagles defense (with the historic sack numbers and sack rate)

The Eagles are an incredibly well rounded team and I can't really point to a thing they're truly bad at.

Also having the most sacks since the 1985 Bears is a thing I'll just say I'm worried about with a QB who is still in no way going to be 100% with a couple of iffy tackles.

e: If Hurts is still hurt and can't do normal throws like it looked against the 49ers at times that'll help. But yeah, that goes both ways even if Mahomes is a cheat code.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Feb 7, 2023

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

ASAPRockySituation posted:

It worked for us just a few years ago fool, wrong team for this line

you've fallen to one of the classic blunders! The answer to this is Big Dick Nick IS A SUPERSTAR

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way

Grittybeard posted:

The Eagles are an incredibly well rounded team and I can't really point to a thing they're truly bad at.

Also having the most sacks since the 1985 Bears is a thing I'll just say I'm worried about with a QB who is still in no way going to be 100% with a couple of iffy tackles.

e: If Hurts is still hurt and can't do normal throws like it looked against the 49ers at times that'll help. But yeah, that goes both ways even if Mahomes is a cheat code.

It has been mentioned somewhere in this forum (probably the NFCE thread, which is a cutthroat land of zealots and monsters), but I wouldn't be too surprised to see a headline a week or so after the Super Bowl about Hurts getting shoulder surgery. Word is he's looking fine in practice, which is great, but with the way he runs he's all of thirty seconds of actual game time from it giving him trouble again.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Grittybeard posted:

The rebuttal here is when someone posts the list of QBs the Eagles have played this year and there's like one and a half of them that are above league average

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I'm depressed the Eagles players learned from the Bengals and aren't talking poo poo.

Someone call it Eagle Farm Stadium

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
Anyone watch bullies of Baltimore doc? I watched the first 20 minutes and thought it was trash. Just a real victory lap and was pretty boring.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

soggybagel posted:

Anyone watch bullies of Baltimore doc? I watched the first 20 minutes and thought it was trash. Just a real victory lap and was pretty boring.

It was kinda this for me, but if I were a Ravens fan I think I would eat this up.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Grittybeard posted:

This is purely anecdotal and while they're not terrible, their kick coverage can be very suspect. I don't think they've given up any touchdowns, but seems like once a game their opposition takes a kickoff to midfield

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

dilfer is absolutely right.

https://twitter.com/barstoolsports/status/1622474113125175296?s=46&t=XSqLsprewrIPc2Ob57ezBQ

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1622766650868002816?t=tLvRgzMOT5kWvBNfNV7PmQ&s=19

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Mystic Stylez posted:

I'll believe AJ Green retired when he is no longer casually dropping 5/125/2 games on the Ravens two times per year

I'll believe it when he's not the Ravens #1

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

does anyone have that clip of the random reporter in Dallas (I think?) who could do a 1920s style newsreel voice?

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

kiimo posted:

Yea, I remember Superbowl 50 too.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

sharknado slashfic posted:

I'll believe it when he's not the Ravens #1

lmao this is 100% true

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Tom Brady won a Super Bowl 12 months after he did lol.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

FizFashizzle posted:

does anyone have that clip of the random reporter in Dallas (I think?) who could do a 1920s style newsreel voice?

Scoops Callahan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzPuK0iMueo

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Imagine thinking anything Dilfer says has merit. Just lol

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Remember that Dilfer is in part responsible for that garbage QBR stat that ESPN loves.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

aj green didn't even look for an easy game winning td from kyler murray and didn't catch another easy game winning td the previous year when he played 1 game with joe burrow. he didn't know how to carry a football and would hold it out in front of him like it was nasty. worst top 7 draft pick in 2011. thank you aj

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Timby posted:

Remember that Dilfer is in part responsible for that garbage QBR stat that ESPN loves.

Draw and quarter him.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Timby posted:

No one remember this but after he left Baltimore he won like seven games in a row in Seattle and was the original ESPN “just wins games” qb.

In Dilfers defense, when he had that qb camp show on ESPN or whatver it was he was very honest about how good/bad he was a player. He’s a pompous rear end but he’s not like Cole Beasley.

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
Dilfer had 4 TDs and 18 INTs in his first full season starting (2nd season) and the team somehow still went 7-9. Teams won despite him, not because of him. Hell it's amazing that the Ravens had a QB worse then him on the roster. In 3 of the 4 seasons he started all 16 games he was in the top 10 in interceptions, and was top 5 two of those seasons.

Dilfer was loving awful in the 90s, and would probably still be one of the worst QBs in the league if he played today. If anything, because of his draft position and it being the 90s he got every chance to be successful beyond what he should have. His 2nd season stats match Rosen's rookie season nearly exactly, except Rosen had way more TDs and still managed less interceptions.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Thank you Dilfer

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
This is incredible.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
https://twitter.com/iamsaucegardner/status/1622706600954789893?s=46&t=tyKFYV-FEpeBZL7ZvoOFlw

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

FizFashizzle posted:

No one remember this but after he left Baltimore he won like seven games in a row in Seattle and was the original ESPN “just wins games” qb.

Nothing about this is even remotely close to true: https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/D/DilfTr00/gamelog/2001/

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014

He won games he started, I remember them repeating that stat all the time. Those losses he didn't start the game.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Yeah I’m misremembering but he had this weird string of winning games despite how hideous he played and ESPN wouldn’t shut up about it.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
The weird thing is how like every year until like 2006 he still got starts and was just awful every time.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

tom brady confirmed copycat

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Kalli posted:

I dunno, if the eagles win, every hater's just gonna say they had the easiest road to the SB imaginable. Comically overmatched Giants squad, 49ers team on their 3rd string rookie QB, Chiefs with an injured Mahomes.

And they'll be right :smugdog:

I still say the Bucs in 2020 was ridiculous. 7 seed Football Team, absolutely cooked Drew Brees, the Packers which come on let's be serious here and Chiefs with no o-line.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

MJeff posted:

I still say the Bucs in 2020 was ridiculous. 7 seed Football Team, absolutely cooked Drew Brees, the Packers which come on let's be serious here and Chiefs with no o-line.

How can you forget their impressive win over the Taylor Heineke football team

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
^^ was legit the toughest game and had me the most nervous of all the games watching.

MJeff posted:

Yeah, that was pretty drat awesome. Retired Brees, beat Rodgers at home in the NFC title game, and destroyed the Chiefs in the home stadium. Highly recommended, would do again.