Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who ya got?
This poll is closed.
Chiefs 42 41.18%
Eagles 60 58.82%
Total: 102 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Vertical Lime posted:

only in the past few days did i hear the eagles almost left for phoenix in the 80s

also

https://twitter.com/FieldYates/status/1622662904771141632

i hope olsen doesn't give a gently caress on sunday

Does "broadcaster" mean for sure in the booth? Like Terry Bradshaw is a "broadcaster," no?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Ornery and Hornery posted:

It seems more likely that Romo was directed to dumb his commenting down rather than him becoming lazy and losing his enthusiasm for strategy in footbawwww.

It was so tight when he had that tactical commentary.

Yeah. It always came across to me like some higher up told Romo the A-team color guy is supposed to play a pivotal role in developing the brands of the superstar QBs. It's why he has such clumsy nonsense like calling Josh Allen "The Alien" or "Mr. January" all the time.

Collinsworth and Gruden "now here's a guy…" esque.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

I don't really see QBR as inherently dumber than EPA, DVOA, PFF grades, or any other opaque metric that gets shared in chart form around here.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Nodoze posted:

QBR tries to include "clutch", which..yeah. PFF grades are basically just as bad or worse since we know it's just random interns locked in a room with their eyes taped open

EPA is just straight up math based off historical scoring data. Whether you like it or not its way less hokey than the other two

I still don't know how EPA is calculated (like, actual formulas) and I don't know why using historical data for a stat invented over 50 years ago in a constantly changing sport is somehow more reputable than one that incorporates a modifier for performance in high leverage situations.

They're all dumb.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Okay fair enough, I thought EPA was proprietary.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Aaron needs 4 days in complete darkness to practice his art of contemplation

https://twitter.com/PatMcAfeeShow/status/1623043972406054912

So gentrified solitary confinement then.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Kalli posted:

2 weeks before the Superbowl is just dire.

It really feels like the season is already over. When the Super Bowl comes it feels like a weird one off.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Perhaps CMC should have taken his own role as QB3 more seriously.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

What is the "third QB rule" exactly? Teams are allowed to still activate three quarterbacks on game day if they choose to, aren't they?

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Kalli posted:

Yes, there used to be an old rule, dropped sometime in the last decade or so, that you were allowed a 3rd QB who wasn't on your active roster, who could come into the game, but if he did before the 4th quarter, your other QB's couldn't come back into the game.

Note that in this case we'd be talking about a dude worse then Josh Johnson, so farrrrrtttttt

Yeah I don't remember that at all, likely because it has never, ever affected the outcome of a game ever.

If only Brent DiNunzio was allowed to enter the game!

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Grittybeard posted:

I got mixed up and thought you were talking about Ben DiNucci for a second here, and...bless that man for trying. He did a whole Mahomes pass while I'm convinced having less arm strength than I do.

I mean it didn't work, but he tried it.

Oh no, that was exactly who I meant, heh. Shame on me for butchering his name.

e: lol even Collinsworth couldn't stifle his laughter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esEIk9JOE1w

fsif fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Feb 8, 2023

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

Nope, definitely not Covid.

I have non-Covid pneumonia right now. Other diseases do still exist!

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Eifert Posting posted:

My Asian American wife got a severe case of pneumonia in November of 2019 and the more racist members of my extended think she's patient zero for covid.

Pneumonia sucks get better soon my man.

ty, hasn't hit me all that bad yet and I'm already on antibiotics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

It's a slog but I think giving both teams a sort of bye and letting them get a bit healthier is a good thing for the game.