Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

milkman dad
Aug 13, 2007

Einwand posted:

What, you don't like fighting the bard with sword mastery + rapier mastery + slayer + dualwield who hits you 5 times a second for 2h levels of damage? Or the rogue with crossbow mastery who instantly reloads handbows and is impossible to fight if you aren't also ranged? Or *insert class here* with sprint?

I love my slayer bard and take personal offense that you don’t love him too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
**Early Access Hotfix #44**

**Changes:**

- Fixed an issue where sometimes TSR video options could not be changed to other options.
- Fixed an issue where changing items through Squire while in a party was not reflected in the lobby character.
- Fixed an issue where Francisca Axe and Throwing Knife could not be used when Weapon Mastery was used by another class.
- Fixed an issue where the Crossbow could be reloaded while using Warlock's Phantomize.
- Fixed an issue where certain areas of Goblin Cave could be accessed through fireball jump.
- Fixed an issue where the Goblin Mage's staff animation looked strange when he died.
- Fixed an issue where the Ghost King's clothes looked unnatural when the cloth simulation option was turned off.

- The curve of Spell Casting Speed ​​has been adjusted.
- The curve for Regular Interaction Speed ​​has been adjusted.
- Fighter's Victory Strike are now limited to all melee and ranged physical attacks and bladed thrown items.
- Barbarian's Reckless Attack now only works with melee physical attacks.
- Barbarian's Achilles Strike are now limited to all melee and ranged physical attacks and bladed thrown items.
- Rogue's Ambush, Weakpoint Attack now only works on melee physical attacks.
- Rogue's Poisoned Weapons, Rupture, Cut Throat are now limited to all melee and ranged physical attacks and bladed thrown items.
- Cleric’s Faithfulness now slows targets hit by Divine attacks.
- Cleric's Smite can now only be used in melee physical attacks and has an Attribute Bonus Ratio of 50%.
- Warlock's Blow of Corruption now only works on melee physical attacks.
- Adjusted difficulty in obtaining learning tokens.
- Mindwipe now resets daily.
- As an experiment, party members' names will no longer be displayed in High Roller.

**Developer Comments:**
We thank you for your patience as we continue this adventure with multi-classing experiment. We are collecting great data and are speed running the discovery of perks and skills that are functioning outside our scope that need to be fixed.

We are trying to find a good balance of incentivizing enough play to make the system feel like you are being rewarded for progress without making it feel like an excessive grind. We have decided to make it much easier to accrue learning tokens. You will now be able to collect the maximum 13 learning tokens for your character by reaching level 70 instead of 270. Our internal data shows us that the average player can reach this maximum learning token level in approximately 2 weeks, playing around 2 hours a day.

To assist us in testing more combinations we have also updated the Mindwipe feature so it resets daily. We plan to continue fixing newly discovered broken combinations and improve the balance of perks and skills as we collect this data.

Please know that we hear your concerns about the loss of class identity with the current implementation of the multi-class system. With the lessons we are learning from this system we are working on building a more fleshed out but limited multi-class system for a future season that we believe will address this issue. We will reveal more details in the future.

We’ve also improved some of the formulas for knowledge and regular interaction speed to make it less frustrating for starting characters and certain classes.

High-Roller parties will now need to be more organized and careful in who they target in the dungeons. As an experiment to make the High-Roller experience truly high risk, we are testing a system where party member names are no longer displayed to allies. Thank you and see you in the dungeons!

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

The hidden nameplate thing is just a really bizarre change. Like why even waste development time on this?

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
as a primarily solo player in the 3-man map, i actually love that change. it will allow me to punish another player going astray from their group and it doesn't immediately allow the other 2 players to zerg me down, they will actually have to communicate where they are and where I am.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Demon Of The Fall posted:

as a primarily solo player in the 3-man map, i actually love that change. it will allow me to punish another player going astray from their group and it doesn't immediately allow the other 2 players to zerg me down, they will actually have to communicate where they are and where I am.

Agreed, it's also one of the more fun things about watching Tarkov players kill each other on accident.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.
In this world it's pet or BE pet.

It's going to result in at least one really funny team killing clip at minimum.