Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

milkman dad posted:

The changes have resulted in some very empty lobbies! I already did my demigod grind a couple weeks ago but now is a good time to get that ap!

They really should revert goblins to solo only or make it so duos and trios queue together. Adding another map was already a bit of mistake without a Steam release bump imo.

Could've worked on more modules and mobs for the extant maps and saved ice caverns for full release or something. I know they've been revising the map because pyramid room in crypts is a bit shorter and they added more torches around the outer walls which is nice.

Groovelord Neato fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Feb 9, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

My crew was abusing the high latency bug last night to run solo ruins lobbies and pull 600-700 AP a run without even going down to inferno.

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006

milkman dad posted:

The changes have resulted in some very empty lobbies! I already did my demigod grind a couple weeks ago but now is a good time to get that ap!

Logged in after not touching this season to check it out and got pathfinder 2 in one night just soloing ice caves, might be possible.

milkman dad
Aug 13, 2007

Early Access Hotfix #32
@everyone, We will be doing the hotfix #32 update starting at February 11, 2024 12:45 AM.
When the patch starts, you will not be able to login to the game and players in-game will not be able to enter the matchmaking pool during this time.
Players in a match or in-game will have 40 minutes to complete the match and exit safely.
The server will return to full service 2 3 hours after the patch starts.

During maintenance, all services, including the website, may be temporarily suspended to update various servers.

Changes:
Fixed Marketplace internal logic that could cause severe performance degradation.
Fixed an issue where cloaks would sometimes cover the owner's face.
Fixed an issue where the Quarterstaff was not given as a starting item for the Wizard.
Fixed an issue where players could become stuck in certain areas of Ice Cavern.
Fixed an issue where sound could be incorrectly masked in some areas of Ice Cavern.
Fighter receives an early version of Sword Mastery.
Fighter's Perfect Block cooldown changed from 24s → 18s.
Fighter's Shield Slam now knocks back enemies.
Wizard receives an early version of Staff Mastery.
Wizard's Arcane Feedback spell casting speed and arcane magic damage bonuses per stat has been changed from 1% → 2%.
Wizard's Reactive Shield protection amount changed from 10 → 15.
A hybrid dungeon selection system has been added, combining fixed dungeon selection and rotation.

Developer Comments:
Hi Adventurers, We are currently doing our best to address several known issues. Firstly, we have been working on improving the algorithm of the marketplace to ensure smooth usage. The marketplace will continue to be updated to enhance performance and meet the demands of users even during service. Additionally, considering the actual data on the current dungeon selection system along with all experiment results related to dungeon selection, we have decided to provide a system that is deemed most suitable for the current number of users. We would like to thank everyone for their patience as we work through various issues.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
I really don’t understand these devs

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Demon Of The Fall posted:

I really don’t understand these devs

Normals at least were near dead after the map changes - had one semi full trios game on ruins to start, a duo ruins with maybe three other people in it, then a trios ruins with one team, and an ice cavern trios with nobody else.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
it's been said before-they have no backbone. basically everything they do is kn respomse to community outcry. but just about everything you could change in a hame like this will make some people upset, so you get weird swingy changes all the time.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

LazyMaybe posted:

it's been said before-they have no backbone. basically everything they do is kn respomse to community outcry. but just about everything you could change in a hame like this will make some people upset, so you get weird swingy changes all the time.

Yeah they'll go off whatever the biggest whine on discord or reddit is. I didn't like the map rotation as it was (since they misinterpreted their data and took crypts out) and they made it worse by adding ice caverns to it when I think they originally said that isn't how it would work. Returning to the former rotation with ice caverns as a side thing you could queue up for would've been the better move not changing it to choose whatever. I thought it was pretty obvious with the playerbase as it is if they wanted to do away with the rotation you'd have to go back to each map being a certain team size.

Same thing with the barb nerfs - they were needed but they eventually overdid it. Rage needed a movespeed nerf and I'm fine with the str nerf in a vacuum but in tandem with the multiple nerfs to the zwei it was too much. And then they buff fighter when fighter was already better and falchion is probably the strongest weapon in the game and has consistently dodged nerfs and it's clear to me at least they just go off who's complaining the most.

Groovelord Neato fucked around with this message at 14:24 on Feb 12, 2024

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
barb was very slightly nerfed, they are still hugely overpowered. they need to be nerfed more. fighters got the sword mastery but its very poo poo compared to the wizard magic staff/ignite buff, which is completely broken now

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Barbs are probably OP in all solos and are in normals. The guy who was at one point the rank 1 fighter puts them at the bottom for high roller trios. I'd be fine with them shaving more movespeed off items and maybe nerfing rage speed more though since I'm running roar/achilles now. The wizard thing is hilariously busted don't know how that got in.

edit: and franciscas should be limited no reason anyone should be able to come into a raid with 20

Groovelord Neato fucked around with this message at 15:30 on Feb 12, 2024

Tempora Mutantur
Feb 22, 2005

game is yet again improving into an even better state than ever (technical poo poo notwithstanding and they do have the record of actually fixing poo poo, and quickly, to get it stable again)

actual performance feels great in terms of combat feeling tight for blocks/just-barely-ranging people, market is awesome, balance is feeling pretty good, landmine rogues yet again do not exist

no idea what poo poo is like past wanderer but I'm definitely enjoying the game enough to want to grind rank again given how quickly I can rekit on the cheap now

it's sooo much faster to get back into at least a decent kit if not a specialized one (since you still have to do quite a bit of manual searching but since it's all automated it's still VASTLY better than before) like you can spend 20 minutes on the market and fill a stash tab with 4-5 kits just buying out each gear slot with whatever's decent on the market, with greens/blues/purples kind of normalizing in cost to <50/50-100/100-150+)

map selection stuff is irrelevant to some degree but yeah I have no loving idea what the deal is with the new rotation system, since it seems to only show a single map *and* a single play style? e.g. only ice trios is listed for me right now

they should've just kept it as rotation but whatever, I assume that now that market is out, we'll see the fabled arena come out soonish so that there's an avenue for actual pvp engagement; curious if it'll follow normal/highroller dichotomy or something else, since the people who don't want to fight don't care that the dungeons are empty (which is *A LOT* of people, at least in solo, jesus loving christ so many people beg and make you feel bad for killing them in a goddamn pvpve game) and arena combat with dungeon-looted gear sounds real fun

the fact they keep experimenting while actually improving core parts of the game, like making the questing not insanely lacking in QoL and making the actual combat not desynced to hell and back, is great

apropos of nothing, marketplace gold ingots are 150g-200g each so it's really nice to be able to relatively easily unlock weaponsmith third quest now because holy poo poo trading or mining for it before was annoying as gently caress, same with all the other ores

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Tempora Mutantur posted:

map selection stuff is irrelevant to some degree but yeah I have no loving idea what the deal is with the new rotation system, since it seems to only show a single map *and* a single play style? e.g. only ice trios is listed for me right now

They reverted the maps to being team size restricted (ruins/crypts trios, ice caves the new duos, and goblin caves solo) and also added a queue that's a random map and team size.

The rotation was bad for several reasons - you can only do boss quests via the ruins and people using the three level map to dodge the goblin caves in the rotation caused them to misread the data and make it so crypts isn't its own map anymore.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
end of the season is in a couple days. i've spent the last few nights getting several characters to Wanderer so that you start with lots of heals, gold, and a gold bag which will be huge to start a wipe whenever that happens. anything after that is purely cosmetic rewards and only worth it for maybe your main character

Tempora Mutantur
Feb 22, 2005

Groovelord Neato posted:

They reverted the maps to being team size restricted (ruins/crypts trios, ice caves the new duos, and goblin caves solo) and also added a queue that's a random map and team size.

The rotation was bad for several reasons - you can only do boss quests via the ruins and people using the three level map to dodge the goblin caves in the rotation caused them to misread the data and make it so crypts isn't its own map anymore.

wh...what? crypts isn't its own map anymore because the tri-level ruins -> crypts -> inferno dungeon crawl is what they've always said since forever was the goal, and ideally with consolidating map changes from other lobbies but I guess they aren't quite there yet

also boss quests are a reason FOR the old rotation; it's a lot more fun to be able to actually solo HR ruins for quests (as a solo player) though just running normal trio ruins as a solo seems fine for that since most experienced trios are grinding HR

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Tempora Mutantur posted:

wh...what? crypts isn't its own map anymore because the tri-level ruins -> crypts -> inferno dungeon crawl is what they've always said since forever was the goal, and ideally with consolidating map changes from other lobbies but I guess they aren't quite there yet

They said they made the change because they noticed people were going ruins>crypts>inferno. People were doing this to avoid goblin caves in the rotation and Ironmace did not realize this. I know their unfortunate goal is making the maps triple levels but they gave the reason as what I said.

And people who were bossing hated the old rotation.

Groovelord Neato fucked around with this message at 13:50 on Feb 14, 2024

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.
In this world it's pet or BE pet.

I've been making an attempt to get back into dark and darker the last little bit, been having fun just taking a longsword into the ice caves and figuring out how to parry poo poo. This map seems great, not having a circle kicks rear end.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
**Early Access Hotfix #33**

**Changes:**
- Fixed an issue that could cause a crash under certain circumstances.
- Fixed some logic that could cause rubber banding.
- Fixed an issue where the Ranger's Quickfire could sometimes not be reused.
- Fixed an issue where the Wizard's Ice Shield would trigger without actually taking damage.
- Fixed an issue where some emotes could allow players to see through walls.
- Fixed an issue where the Giant Centipede's poison had a larger collider than it was visible.
- Fixed an issue where the character's backface could be exposed when entering the Goblin Caves.
- Fixed an issue where the portal would not spawn around the final circle in the final phase of Goblin Caves.
- Fixed an issue that resulted in players being unable to properly escape the Ice Cave Elevator in some cases.
- Fixed an issue where players could become trapped by torches in certain spots in the Ice Cavern.
- Fixed an issue where the UI was cut off and not displayed accurately at certain resolutions.
- Fighter's Sword Mastery increases movement speed by 10 instead of increasing impact resistance by 1 in defensive stance.
- Barbarian receives a Treacherous Lungs.
- Barbarian's Axe specialization weapon damage increase changed from 3 → 5.
- Cleric's Divine Protection physical damage reduction changed from 30% → 50% and reducing cooldown from 90s → 45s.

- Wizard receives an Ice Mastery.
- Wizard's Staff Mastery's magic weapon damage increase has been changed from 5 → 3.
- Wizard's Ice Shield now has a 5 second cooldown before it can be activated again.
- Bard's Melodic Protection physical damage reduction changed from 15% → 30%.
- Bard's Din of Darkness range has been changed from 450 → 550.
- Bard's Piercing Shrill range has been changed from 450 → 550.
- Warlock's Blow of Corruption cooldown changed from 15s → 18s.
- The magic damage of all grades of Magic Staff has been reduced.
- Decreased damage of all Francisca Axes, Recurve Bows, and Longbows.
- Windlass Crossbow's hit slow duration has been changed from 2s → 1.5s and movement speed bonus reduction has been changed from -55% → -45%.
- You can now more easily exchange items between Gold Coin containers by dragging and dropping them.Containers are now prioritized when acquiring gold coins into Inventory/Stash.
- The size of the Ice Kobold has been slightly reduced.
- The Sold by tab has been removed from the Marketplace.
- In the marketplace, products with quantity are displayed sorted with their individual prices.
- Improved loading speed when running the game process.
- Japanese localization readability has been slightly improved.

**Developer Comments:**
Hi Adventurers! In this hotfix, we focused on fixing known issues, improving server performance and stability. It will address known balance issues and also include adjustments to less frequently used class abilities. These adjustments will continue to be made in the future.

Due to some disruptions in the previous weeks we've also decided to extend the season by one week to give players ample opportunity to participate in Pre-Season #1. Once Pre-Season #1 ends, a two-week preparatory period for the next wipe will take place. During this period, various trials and drastic balance changes may occur.

Please wait a little longer for the upcoming wipe, we are working very hard on new additions to the game. We think you will enjoy what is to come. See you in the dungeons!

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.

Classic Iron Mace where they nerf the perk and also the equipment related to that perk but not the actual reason the perk is broken, the %scaling for additional/true magic damage.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
**Early Access Hotfix #34**

- Fixed several issues causing poor server performance.
- Fixed several issues causing crashes.
- Fixed some logic that could be exploited as cheats.
- Fixed an issue where multiple groups of malicious players could easily access the same session.
- Fixed an issue where the server would become unstable and all items would be lost when returning to the lobby.
- Fixed an issue where players were not properly matched according to their adventurer level.
- Fixed an issue where Ranger's Enhanced Hearing would not work properly when the target was barefoot.
- Fixed an issue where Invisibility did not turn off.
- Fixed an issue where Soul Hearts on friendly corpses could disappear.
- Fixed an issue where merchants were improperly sorted.
- Fixed an issue where players could get stuck in an elevator and unable to move.
- Rogue's Smoke Pot now has 3 uses and cannot be recharged.
- Rogue's Smoke Pot movement speed penalty changed from -20% → -10%.
- Warlock Demon Form’s Bolt of Darkness now has a movement speed penalty when cast.
- The duration of all grades of invisibility potions has been significantly reduced.
- Added experimental logic to automatically detect pre-teaming.
- Dungeon rotation has been removed and replaced with the free choice to select any map for any party size.
- Adjusted walls and platforms in the Ruins.

**Developer Notes:**
Our investments in improving the technical quality of the game have finally started to pay off. This hotfix addresses numerous lingering technical issues and bugs. We have implemented several fixes that should noticeably improve the stability of the servers and overall performance of the game. You should notice a lot less micro-stutter and rubber-banding, even in the infamous Goblin Caves. We have also implemented additional logic to make life a little more difficult for teamers. This is our first integrated salvo against teamers as we start to incorporate more automated features to battle this scourge. After experimenting with the map rotation tests, the community has made their voice loud and clear. Based on your feedback we have decided to allow all party types to choose from any of the map locales. We look forward to a concerted marketing push at the start of the wipe to help fill these additional matchmaking pools.

We have also been working on several backend projects we’d like to announce. First, we plan to open a migration tool to allow players to transfer their Chafgames account to a Blacksmith account. Starting from 5:00 AM (UTC) on March 4th, players with an account on Chafgames will be able to transfer their account to Blacksmith through our official website. Second, we are near completion on the official test environment that we plan to release early next week through the Blacksmith launcher as we promised for our ‘Hold the Line’ supporters. We hope you can join us as we test out the new death cam replay system. Thanks again for your support!

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.

So what exactly do they even want rogues to do at this point I wonder. Direct combat gets them instantly killed from their awful str + vigour, they're barely any faster than anyone else by default with repeated nerfs to base agi and now smoke pot kiting is basically not playable at all. The ambush instakill playstyle was nerfed because it was unfun to play against.

Einwand fucked around with this message at 15:40 on Feb 29, 2024

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Glad to see some of the few content creators for the game echo that not being able to pick crypts right off is bad for the game since it's the most balanced map. Too bad IM is so stuck on the three level thing.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Early Access Hotfix #35

Changes:

Fixed an intermittent server crash caused by Ironshield's logic.
Fixed an issue where items could sometimes disappear after trading them with a player.
Fixed an issue where players could sometimes be unable to open their inventory after being revived.
Fixed an issue where Holy Strike could not work.
Fixed an issue where the debuff caused by the Giant Bat's ultrasonic attack could not be removed.
Temporarily fixed Dungeon selection for Solo/Duo/Trio to The Howling Crypts.
Ruins have been temporarily removed for testing and the 5x5 Crypts has returned.
A two-week temporary season has begun to test the Normal Adventure Rank.
Adventure Point when killing a player has been increased by 3x.

Developer Notes:
We're rolling out an urgent hotfix to address critical bugs we've uncovered recently. We have decided to also use this time as an opportunity to run a pre-wipe special event. In a return to the classic we have changed all matching pools to the original Crypts+Inferno dungeons. We have also removed affinity requirements for merchants so all craft items are unlocked for everyone. Finally, we’ve added a brief pre-wipe leaderboard test for the ‘Normal’ dungeons to evaluate the viability of a Normal Adventurer Rank system. We believe this should be a mayhem-filled two weeks as we prepare for the next wipe.

Reminder: We have also been working on several backend projects we’d like to announce. First, we plan to open a migration tool to allow players to transfer their Chafgames account to a Blacksmith account. Starting from 5:00 AM (UTC) on March 4th, players with an account on Chafgames will be able to transfer their account to Blacksmith through our official website. Second, we are near completion on the official test environment that we plan to release early next week through the Blacksmith launcher as we promised for our ‘Hold the Line’ supporters. We hope you can join us as we test out the new death cam replay system. Thanks again for your support!

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
crypts is back on the menu boys

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

crypts is back on the menu boys

I think this is the only time streamer/content creator whining has ended with a good change.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
**Early Access Hotfix #36**

- Fixed an issue where a Rogue could dispel the Warlock's Demon Form with Cut Throat.
- Fixed an issue where the hide status of the spectating target was not displayed.
- Fixed an issue where the Soulscraper's description was incorrectly displayed.
- Improved the performance and stability of Ironshield.
- Updated the circles for the Crypt and the first circle now encompasses the entire map.

This hotfix fixes minor bugs and continues our efforts to improve the performance and stability of Dark and Darker. This new update also fixes some of the micro-stutter some players may experience while in the game. We have also fixed the circles for the Crypts so the initial circle now encompasses the entire map. Finally, we’d like to welcome our players from Chafgames to our Blacksmith platform. Now that everyone is on Blacksmith, be on the lookout for the upcoming test environment available to our ‘Hold the Line’ supporters through the Blacksmith launcher. Thanks to all our adventurers!

milkman dad
Aug 13, 2007

Wipe hype!

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Multiclassing sounds incredibly stupid so I'm about as unhype for a wipe as one could be.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
it sounds like they are really going to drip feed the content for the next couple months, which I guess is a good thing. there isn't going to be much tomorrow but at least with quest gating and legendaries no longer being craftable, we won't have sweatlords in all golden gear 3 days after the wipe

I also think this multiclassing idea is really dumb and not the direction they need to focus on. I'm thinking it will be scrapped eventually when it can't work

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

I also think this multiclassing idea is really dumb and not the direction they need to focus on. I'm thinking it will be scrapped eventually when it can't work

Oh it absolutely will be and it's frustrating they're wasting time on something so obviously bad. It'd be fine if this were a PvE co-op dungeon crawler but it isn't.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

Groovelord Neato posted:

Oh it absolutely will be and it's frustrating they're wasting time on something so obviously bad. It'd be fine if this were a PvE co-op dungeon crawler but it isn't.

i think the devs have korean MMO brain somewhat and want this game to be grindy and sweaty. their original idea didn't even include a solo queue, which is how most of their playerbase plays. it might be the games downfall if the casual players don't come back

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.

Personally I look forward to the *insert class here* but with sprint. It's definitely not better than almost every single skill that isn't called "spell memory", and definitely won't become a nightmare.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

i think the devs have korean MMO brain somewhat and want this game to be grindy and sweaty. their original idea didn't even include a solo queue, which is how most of their playerbase plays. it might be the games downfall if the casual players don't come back

Yeah when I first read the details I instantly thought "Korean devs". It's a bad idea in general and their implementation somehow makes it dumber.

No solo queue is more forgiving since games like Tarkov don't have them. I kinda miss everyone being thrown into the crypts regardless of team size but that'd only be fun in normals now.

Einwand posted:

Personally I look forward to the *insert class here* but with sprint. It's definitely not better than almost every single skill that isn't called "spell memory", and definitely won't become a nightmare.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
**Early Access Wipe #3**

- Fixed an issue where the Kobold's Calling would summon all types of monsters.
- Fixed an issue where players could attack opponents through walls or floors in certain terrain in the Crypts.
- Fixed an issue where players could sometimes levitate when using ladders.
- Improved detection performance and stability of Ironshield.
- Flame effects for Torch and Roaster have been improved.
- The way outlines are displayed has changed.
- Fighter's Breakthrough now ignores most movement blocks and movement slows for 5 seconds.

- Wizard's new spell Magic Lock has been added.
- Wizard's new perk Spell Overload has been added.
- Rogue's Creep no longer makes footsteps when the conditions are met, it also no longer increases movement speed.
- Rogue's Hand Crossbow Mastery has been removed, allowing Rogues to use Hand Crossbows by default.
- Rogue's Tumbling animation has been slightly improved.
- Rogue's Smoke Pot's range has been adjusted.
- Rogue's Ambush and Shadow Runner are integrated.
- Rogue's Pickpocket and Hidden Pocket are integrated.
- Rogue's Lockpick Mastery and Trap Detection are integrated.
- Rogue's silhouette is now visible when moving in Stealth.

- Ranger's Chase and Enhanced Hearing are integrated.
- Ranger's new perk Camping Mastery has been added.
- Ranger's new skill Backstep has been added.
- Cleric's Brewmaster now grants an additional 10 Strength.
- Cleric's new perk Over Healing has been added.
- Cleric's new perk Holy Water has been added.
- Cleric's new perk Faithfulness has been added.
- Bard's Encore cooldown changed from 30s → 4s.
- Bard's Dissonance range changed from 500 → 600.
- Bard's new perk Fermata has been added.
- Bard's new skill, Partymaker, has been added.

- Warlock's Immortal Lament penalty has been removed.
- Warlock's new perk, Shadow Touch, has been added.
- Warlock's new perk, Infernal Pledge, has been added.
- Warlock's new skill Dark Offering has been added.
- Various types of new armor have been added.
- Various types of hunting loots (monster loot) have been added.
- Legendary grade crafted items have been adjusted to Epic grade.
- Increased the values ​​of all random modifiers except for a few.
- You can no longer check for random modifiers before purchasing/crafting items in the store.

- Solos/Duos/Trios will each be able to play a fixed map.
- - Solos: Goblin Caves 3x3
- - Duos: Frozen Mountain: Ice Cavern
- - Trios: Forgotten Castle: Howling Crypts → Inferno
- Two new layouts have been added to the Goblin Caves.
- Some areas in the Goblin Caves where it was difficult to move between floors have been fixed.
- Two escape stairs from Ice Cavern have been removed.
- The secret doors in the Crypt have been improved.
- The Marvelous Chest is no longer locked.
- The overall item drop rate has changed.
- Adventure Rank rewards are now given. You can receive it from the leaderboard page.
- Quests have weekly activations depending on the chapter.
- Squire has been added to Merchant to help you easily change equipment settings.
- An experimental version of Training has been added.
- - Training allows players to grow their level beyond 20.
- - By reaching certain levels, players will earn reward tokens and learning tokens.
- - These tokens will be available when the experimental multiclass system is updated in the future.
- - This training and multiclass system is a completely experimental feature just for this season and will change completely in the future.
- Death Cam, has been added.
- A new emote, “Blah blah” has been added.
- A new emote, “Rock, Paper, and Scissors” have been added.
- The game package gift code system has been updated.
- For fans who have loved Dark and ​​Darker to date, we will provide Standard Trial Gift Code. You can gift it to your friends.

Thank you for patiently awaiting Wipe #3. In this update, we've endeavored to enhance the game's systems based on the diverse feedback received from the previous season. The goal for this season, including the preseason, is to last approximately 3 months.

We have tested various dungeon selection systems and have chosen the optimal direction taking into account the current player base and team opinions. We understand that this choice may not satisfy everyone. However, as the team continues to expand and with the increasing number of players, we anticipate being able to select a direction that satisfies everyone.

Normal games have established themselves as a space where early players can enjoy fair competition while also providing a space to practice. To achieve this, we are introducing Squire to help you play smoothly.

In the last season, random modifiers had a negative impact on the game. To address this, we made item acquisition and selection more convenient, but this inadvertently reduced the value of items and diminished the sense of excitement when obtaining top-tier items. We now feel like we have more systems and tools to help with these issues, so we've lowered the dungeon drop rates and strengthened the modifiers a bit.

While it may not be the perfect time to test the multi-class system, we will introduce an experimental training system this season to explore the possibility of offering fully developed multi-classes in the future. We eagerly await your feedback.

To encourage more players to participate in Wipe #3, we are launching a 30% discount on game packages. We have also completed a Gift Code system that allows you to gift packages to friends. We are providing players who have played until Wipe #3 with a Trial Gift Code that allows them to play the Standard Edition for 10 days, so please use it to adventure through the dungeon with your friends!

Finally, We apologize for not always delivering perfection. We promise to continuously improve the game based on your feedback and strive to make it more enjoyable. Thank you so much as always!

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

They made leveling - a thing that's annoying to do every wipe - much slower. What are they thinking.

Really hosed up items again - +2 all is in, insane rolls on all sorts of stuff.

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.

How many times are they going to put +all on gear and then remove it because it's just blatantly better than every other possible attribute roll but +damage.
Wonder how long until we start seeing some true nonsense like smite poison weapon survival bow.

Einwand fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Mar 16, 2024

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Waiting for 400mf bard meta.

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the dank of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion.

Terry on Discord l posted:

Hi @everyone, with increased confidence in the quality of our game, we have started preparations on introducing Dark and Darker to a wider audience. As a first step, we are happy to announce the launch of the Dark and Darker store page on the Epic Games Store at
https://store.epicgames.com/en-US/p/dark-and-darker-qa-c1e629.
This is a big preparatory step for us in our journey to deliver a polished product to our fans. If you have an Epic account, we encourage you to show your enthusiasm and wishlist the game. We will continue working with various partners to give our fans the best options and properly grow the community to foster a long and healthy game. Thanks to everyone for all your love and support!

I was wondering when Epic would snipe DaD, there's our answer.

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Having fun so far. Seen a lot more warlocks and bard seems in an okay spot again. I'm sure they're going to marvelously gently caress everything up with multiclassing, but that's ironmace.

We could use an :ironmace: smiley.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
**Early Access Hotfix #37**

- Fixed an issue where left-click or right-click could sometimes be entered automatically.
- Fixed an issue where arrow models could remain on screen when canceling a bow reload.
- Fixed an issue where a revived player's skills would display as the skills of the player who resurrected them.
- Fixed an issue where Rogue's stealth sound would be heard by third-person targets.
- Fixed an issue where the stealth status of Rogues who were not party members could be seen while spectating.
- Fixed an issue where the Warlock's Shadow Touch would also apply when throwing a torch to hit an enemy.
- Fixed an issue where players could be hit by melee attacks immediately after using the Warlock's Phantomize.
- Fixed an issue where the cloak skin could come off when restarting the client.
- Fixed an issue where the effect of a torch falling on the ground was not displayed as a changed effect.
- Fixed an issue where all attribute options for Chest and Legs armor were fixed to 2.
- Fixed an issue where Ale wasn't actually inside it.
- Fixed an issue where the Campfire sound was not output.
- Fixed an issue in the CaveMaze module where chests and monsters could spawn at the same time.
- Fixed an issue where rewards were set too low relative to the Goblin Caves 01 layout.
- Fixed an issue where a fixed escape was not displayed on the Goblin Caves minimap.
- Fixed an issue where the quest objective Prison A did not exist.
- Fixed an issue where players could get caught in door frames when moving.
- Fixed an issue where the Frost Giant would bounce too much after dying.
- Fixed an issue where monsters were sometimes unable to properly track players.
- Fixed an issue where items other than Fighter weapons from the Squire's supplies could not be set as supplies when the Fighter was equipped with both the Weapon Mastery and Slayer perks.
- Fixed an issue where the Squire did not provide the Germunbu helmet by default.
- Fixed an issue where Squires recognized Poor and Common ratings as targets for Stash Above All.
- Fixed an issue where the Squire's base gear was not set properly when equipped with a Longsword.
- Fixed an issue where no sound would intermittently occur when pressing the Quest Accept button.
- Fixed an issue where items received as quest rewards could not be sold.
- Fixed an issue where the multiclass achievement level was displayed as 100 instead of 30.
- Fixed an issue where the Coffee Time rest motion would glow in the dark.

- Barbarian's Reckless Attack armor rating penalty changed from -200 → -85
- Rogue's Strength, Vigor, Resourcefulness has been changed from 6 → 9, 5 → 6, 25 → 20.
- Ranger's Backstep cooldown changed from 22 seconds to 14 seconds.
- Wizard's Spell Overload memory capacity penalty has been changed from -60% → -70%.
- Cleric's Over Healing health ratio has been changed 25% → 20%.
- Warlock's Torture Mastery health recovery has been changed from 1 → 2, and the Attribute Ratio Bonus has been changed from 15% → 10%.
- Warlock's Spell Predation now absorbs all removable magical buffs from the target.
- The Primary Attribute on cloaks is now locked by rarity.
- The amount of modifiers related to physical and magic reduction applied to each shield has been reduced.
- Damage for all Longbows and Recurve Bows has been slightly increased.
- Damage for all Daggers has been slightly increased.
- Changed the equipping time of Fransisca Axe and Thowing Knife from 1s → 1.75s.
- Physical Damage Reduction cap changed from 85% → 75%.
- Magical Damage Reduction cap changed from 85% → 75%.
- When swinging a two-handed weapon, the movement speed reduction until the actual attack occurs has been reduced.
- High-Roller Adventurer Rank Early Access Season #2 begins at 00:00 UTC on March 22nd.
- The existing Preseason #1 will be changed to Early Access Season #1 to prevent confusion.

We have prepared Hotfix #37 to fix known issues and make balance adjustments.
We would like to push for changes to some marginalized classes in line with strengthening item modifiers. This adjustment will continue for the time being.
Additionally, a new High-Roller Adventurer Rank season begins with the adjusted AP balance. It starts on March 22nd (UTC 0). We ask for your participation. See you in the dungeon!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

The 2hander buff is huge and good. Gotta hand it to Ironmace on that one.