Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FungiCap
Jul 23, 2007

Let's all just calm down and put on our thinking caps.
Really enjoying watching the emergent story lines of individuals and groups forming alliances only to inevitably betray each other when it comes portal time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FungiCap
Jul 23, 2007

Harminoff posted:

How do you make any progress in this game just starting out? I love the idea behind it, but man I can't make any progress.

My gf and I played about 10 matches, and I don't think any lasted more than 5 minutes. Anytime we ran into other players, they would just install destroy us. We have just staring gear, but I guess they want our underwears?

Do we just start off with running from everything, shutting doors behind us, find loot and try and make an early exit?

Pretty much, but some classes are WAY harder to start with others in my experience. Fighters have the easiest start imo.

FungiCap
Jul 23, 2007

I saw a wizard coming my way who didn't see me. I put a trap down right next to a wall spike and turned out the lights. A minute later I saw the message of them dying to a wall spike in the kill feed.

I knew full well that I wouldn't even be able to loot them with how the zone was closing.

I still feel kind of bad about it a couple of days later.

FungiCap
Jul 23, 2007

I'd like to thank Groovelord Neato for manifesting this play test into existence through the power of sheer positive thinking.